Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / Runtime error 7018 - could not load 3D object at line 13258 driving me nuts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 17:56
When using Milkshape exported models from Turbosquid I keep getting the "Runtime error 7018 - could not load 3D object at line 13258", with EVERY model I use. With Milkshape I've exported the Turbosquid models to .X format for use with FPSC, but since a few days this doesn't work anymore. This is pretty frustrating as I have included the right .fpe file, texture file and icon file. If you look at the attached pictures you understand what I mean. Anyway I hope somebody can help me, help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 18:12
If you can view the .x files OK in other progs to confirm their credibility and that they are not corrupted so as to discount that then - looking at the screen shot I would say that you must keep the names consistant across all associated files in that folder with the exception of the entities texture file which could have a different ref name.

i.e. all the other files need to be the same name : as so for instance

.x file = cobra.x
.fpi = cobra.fpi
icon = cobra.bmp

The optimal word being cobra and nothing else for all three. Make sure also to be on the safe side that all names internal to the .fpi referencing the object also reference the exact same name make everything cobra.whatever and you should not go far wrong.

FPSC as with many other progs is fussy about exact specs and paths.

Some object entities you must place in the FPSC default folder structure others you dont and can make your own folders to keep them in. If you are new to FPSC and dont know which are which then using the default folder structures are the safest bet, otherwise FPSC may well throw up errors as it expects to find some things only in the default locations for the type of object its looking for. No way around that one if thats the cause.

Hope that helps

Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2006 18:41
well I followed your advice and I'm still getting the error, I'm not new to FPSC btw. Any more suggestions?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 01:46
Gizmogaga,

Sorry I have overcome all of the entity runtime type errors I have had by usually by tracking down an erronous reference or path or by finding a bad model .x file format file description and resaving.

Are you saying that this error refers to all model entities you insert or just the Turbosquid ones? - if its just those then obviously theres something different about them and it needs isolating by trial and error.

Try using a different .x file output format or settings from within Milkshape or another prog. You have to use the correct method when outputting from Milkshape or you could possibly get an error in FPSC. Dont use the Direct X 8.0 exporter for sure.

Actually I dont have a clue what any of the runtime error number references mean and dont know if anyone other than Lee or one of the other TGC guys could help with the error refs. Lee would probably know and may be able to isolate the cause from the error ref but Lee is a busy guy I guess who works on stuff as and when so I guess this error message is lined up for looking into with all the others for possible attention whenever?

Most runtime error messages are meaningless to us end users and quite possible other than Lee or another TGC official commenting the best person to find a solution is the user themselves.

Sorry I cant advise further than that.

Like others I have one outstanding runtime error related to AI script limits and I too am at the mercy of TGC awaiting a fix or solution if possible. Its not possible for the end user to fix this one unless it could by sorted via messing with the source but I would not hold out much hope of success there.

We are all in the same boat I'm afraid. Good luck to all of us.

Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2006 17:56
Well reinstalling FPSC doesn't help much, so I hope that someone from TGM can tell me what to do with this error. Thanks though for taking the time to help me uman, unfortunately it didn't do much

-- Gizmo
Dark Eternity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 12:54
Hey this can be solved by using a map with no extra models then putting them in one at a time using the correct textures etc. This way you narrow out all the bugs until you have a bad model or what the result was.

I am DarkEternity (DE for short)
Gizmogaga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 15:28
well lol it seems that you cannot import high-polygon models (with .x files exceeding 800-1000kb), any imported low-res model works fine. A new error has emerged however, FPSC can't find the bitmap files (?)..

This program is just too full of bugs
Dark Eternity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 15:47
Glad to hear that the models are working now I forgot about the high-polygon limit...

It is not full of bugs it is just that it mainly uses dds format and maybe a jpeg here or there. I don't recall finding a bitmap. If you do find it though remember it must be usable in ALL three screen sizes they are:
128x128
256x256
512x512

I am DarkEternity (DE for short)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:59:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:59:28