Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / New Arcade Game Released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 08:43
zillipede has now been released.
program stats :
Genre - Arcade
notes - caution , this game contains mild bug squishing sounds and may possibly be addicting to arcade game lovers.

you may download from
http://www.geocities.com/bluestar4games/games.html

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 10:48
Screenie please!

I'm intruiged and will download later, but it's always nice to find a screenshot or two, it'll guarantee more replies.

Aegrescit medendo
da king
User Banned
Posted: 18th May 2006 20:49
There are screenies on that page.

Please don't click on that red face to the bottom right of my post. Or I will KILL YOU!
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 23:14 Edited at: 18th May 2006 23:16
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2006 23:47
Looks,weird...

but still...

cool.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too beatifull to look at...
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:01 Edited at: 19th May 2006 00:01
you did it again... and that's a good thing!

just like Missile Might, Zillipede proves that you don't need million-dollar graphics or convoluted game designs to make a game FUN. i guess it proves the timelessness of old arcade classics (and the need for re-makes like this to remind us of it).

now for a small gripe:

when the player is just below a mushroom, the shot passes through it. (see attached snap-shot). this makes for a little unneccesary frustration. tweak it so it starts collision checks from a lower position?

bottom line:

solid, fun game. made especially so by the sound effects and music you've chosen. good work!

Virtual Nomad
Athlon XP1800+, Windows XP+SP2, Soyo K7V Dragon+ MB, 1.5Gb 333 RAM, ATI Radeon 8700LT (128Mb)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bahamut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 00:28
Damn, that's an addicting game! Much more fun than space invaders.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 01:43 Edited at: 19th May 2006 01:50
@virtual nomad
yeah , I did this by design - if you check the manual you will note that there is a small section that says the sprayer has no effect at extreme close ranges. However, if I get too many complaints I might change that part of the program. Until then move your sprayer down the screen a little
I also appreciate your compliments and plan on doing offshoots on a few more but have not decided what the next will be but was
seriously thinking about revamping the old arcade game called "Defender" as none of the so called newer versions I've found seem to work the way they should.
Again, thank you for your comments as they will be taken into consideration for any future versions of the game.
@Bahamut
Thanks for the compliment , part of the reason it took so long to release was that as I was programming it ,I would start playing it and wouldn't stop for a while

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2006 02:34
sorry i didn't read the manual (well, not really sorry since i rarely read manuals )

the thing is, it requires a little extra effort which takes away from the 'simple' fun of the game for me. ie, it doesn't 'fit', if you know what i mean. alas, it's a tiny gripe and shouldn't take away from what you (continue to) accomplish.

defender? i'd download it

keep up the good work!

Virtual Nomad
Athlon XP1800+, Windows XP+SP2, Soyo K7V Dragon+ MB, 1.5Gb 333 RAM, ATI Radeon 8700LT (128Mb)
gamedude
Years of Service
User Offline
looks nice i havnt yet downloaded but i will

on Earth im a human
on the moon im a.... forget it
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 06:11
I have a newer version prepared but wont have time to upload it for a couple weeks. always remember though that just like in its predicessors (centipede & millipede ) your sprayer must be below the mushroom before it will count as a hit.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 02:31
Ok, the new version is ready for download - I have corrected the minor bug in collision. follow the link attached to my sig click the downloads link

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 09:39
Bluestar4, have you seen my Atrist Challenge thread? Awhile back I made these 'Free' graphics..

They never got used by anyone, so if you like any of them well, grab them, lol

What? Vain? Me? Only when I'm self promoting

Cheers!
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 11:17
I never seen the thread, but the artwork you have uploaded is very nice . The one thing that took the most time on the project was the artwork. I really like the mushrooms , so if you'll email them to me and give me permission to modify it I'll make another updated version and give you credit.

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2006 13:10
All you have to do is right-click the image above and "save as" to copy it locally. Feel free to crop/resize/modify anything you please.

Cheers!
Farooqaaa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 14:36
Its great game! Good job.

But how to make score in it? I have tried to avoid my plane from that diamond, but i am not getting any score . Let me know how to get score??

Thanks
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 22:35
Please Be more speciffic about your question and if possible provide
a screenshot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:26:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:26:30