Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Even Newer Tune: 35 Degrees

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:17
Not too cause anymore random controversy, feel free to diss or praise as you see fit. This is about as productive as I've been for a while with music and this is a summer vibe rap track I've had in production sinse around March. I suddenly felt like my work would go to waste if I didnt get it out before this summer ended, and with the impending 3rd heat wave here in the UK, I decided to polish it off tonight. Proper sit back and chill vibration vibations. A few naughty words, so fingers in your ears if you are offended by that sort of thing .... although not downloading would be much more sensible.

Fallout - 35 Degrees

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:23 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 02:24
Edit somehow turned into double post.

Lyrics for those who like to understand every word ...

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:30
I LOVE IT.

That's actually going on my MP3 player for the night, ha ha!

Who's voice is it? Yours? L337!!!

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:32
Yeah man. I am uber rapper 739.256 recurring.

hehe. Cheers dudage.

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:43
twisted MC returns haha!

I thought 35 degrees was cold... but then i realised you meant celcius.

this track is the shizznit. Also im really enjoying this hammock smothered in butter with cocktails being fed to me via an intravenous drip.

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:45
Aren't we all man? I'm on one of them inflatable chair things floating in the pool with jelly smeared over my crutch, so I reckon I pa\/\/n your hammock.

Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 02:48 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 02:48
[]D [] []v[] []D [] []\[]

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 03:19
This kind of reminds me of Arling & Cameron The voice, and the mellow style.... good job!

"I understand creative people. After all, I worked with towel designers." - Ray Kassar, former head of Atari
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 14:10
Thanks man. If any of you are finding it a bit quiet compared to your other MP3s it was to do with drum dynamics. Either way I've recompressed the track a bit more and reuploaded it, so if you want a louder version that should be closer to the rest of your MP3s just redownload.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 16:06 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 16:07
Damn, I'm liking this! Like a cat rolling around in a bag of catnip.

Smooth job Mr. Keating.

New Catfolio.net coming soon!
Dark Eternity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 20:01
very cool

Scorched Skies is nearing completion and all we need to really finish the ANIRE Inferno engine is a shader programmer, have you got what it takes?
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 22:13
Real Nice! I'm Loving it. And no, it is not MCD...

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 00:34
Thanks guys. Hope it brings you some vibes of chillment this summer.

Sly D
Years of Service
User Offline
Fallout may I just ask you, how do you create your tunes? A private small studio or just PC programs?

A cute looking koala with a WHAT!? THEY can't use Kalashnikovs, can they?
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 02:09
Aside from a decent quality mic, I just use PC programs. I sequence in a freeware beta program called Skale and use CoolEdit Pro 2 for ssample editing, final mixing, vocal recording and MP3 encoding. I also use sim synth, which is pretty basic, but does the job.

Sly D
Years of Service
User Offline
Awsome work dude, you've just inspired me to start working on some of my older, never finished, songs Thanks.

A cute looking koala with a WHAT!? THEY can't use Kalashnikovs, can they?
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 16:32
Dude

That track held my attention for the full duration. Seriously - I'm sat here at work, tapping away, I decide give it a listen and I stop typing for 3:16.

Excellent work. That beat is just sultry - my kinda stuff. Very "real" in that there's a distinct lack of over processing (which I think is the scurge of DnB).

[center]
But you see, I have the will of the warrior. Therefore, the battle is already over. The winner? Me!
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 17:04
I liked the background beat, not trying to be rude it's got a good feel to it, it's just I dont quite like the lyrics. It might be because Im in the "hood" area in scarborough so I constantly here people free styling, I'm not sure, its just the lyrics were pretty... simple (easy to rhyme things with "ation", "ime", "ing", etc endings).

Listened about half way, still, loved the background beat.

Projects: Online CTF Game | Newcommer's Guide to FPS's
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 17:34 Edited at: 26th Jul 2006 17:39
There's hardly any kind of "hood" in scarborough.

(Assuming you're talking about the Scarborough in the GTA)

I thought the lyrics were excellent and very meaningful, as well as Fallout's other tune "Time Ticks By". Countless times more inspiring then lyrics from mainstream hip-hop about "Thuggin' niggas" and "pimpin' hoes".

(Though we know our Fallout doesn't mind the casual pimpin of hoes from time to time)

But it's seriously stuff we can all relate to I think.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 18:02
Yeah, I don't try and be anything I'm not, so I can't rap about hoods or gang banging (not the violent kind anyway) or stuff like that. I used to write some really sexist comedy tracks which were pretty funny all about b*tches, but I grew out of that. I still have them for private comedy value somewhere.

As with all rap tracks, as cliche as it sounds, you really have to keep it real. For me, in this tune, it was about trying to chill out and enjoy the weekend and make the most of it. There's too much stress in everyone's life, so it's good to kick back and relax and put the stress on hold. I chose those lyrics also because of the mood of the tune as I was writing it. As Megs mentioned, Time Ticks By is another real track about wasting your life and figuring out what the hell you want to do.

I don't profess to being a master rapper or lyricist. I am not the Method Man or anyone from the Wu-Tang. I'm predominantly a dnb/breakbeat musician, but I dabble elsewhere and I just like writing the tracks and talking about what's real to me. If it's not real to you, then I can understand why you wouldnt relate and it wouldn't be interesting to you. That's fair play and I have no probs with that. Hopefully it'll be more real to other peeps.

@Adr

Nice one mate. Glad you liked it. That's a really nice reaction to get.

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 18:02 Edited at: 26th Jul 2006 18:02
Quote: "Though we know our Fallout doesn't mind the casual pimpin of hoes from time to time"

Doesn't mind?! It's on his CV...

Quote: "Its just the lyrics were pretty... simple "

I've gotta agree, they were pretty simplistic, which oddly enough does take something away from the tune. But I'll hold my hands up and say it's better than anything I could write.

[center]
But you see, I have the will of the warrior. Therefore, the battle is already over. The winner? Me!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 18:06
Bear in mind that the whole song is about chilling out. There isn't really much to talk about. It's not like I'm telling stories about my life or trying to get a serious point across about the world. I'm literally just saying chill the f*** out for a few minutes and enjoy the tune. No more, no less. I think getting 6 verses out of that type of subject matter is pretty good going!

heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Man you sure know how to tap the flow.
I only needed to hear it once.
It is a keeper.
Thank you.

I'm unique, just like everybody else.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 21:24
I didnt mean what the lyrics were about, but the use of words could have been better. The ends of the words you used allow for endless amounts of words that go with them, the rhyming part is atleast half the battle if not more, so once that's over with the rest (in terms of lyrics) falls in easy.

Anyways really, I loved the track, you asked for opinions though so I gave mine. (My area can get pretty rough actually Megaton, but that has nothing to do with the overflow of young and old rappers on every street free styling with words a lot of people wouldn't think of, without any planning).

Goodluck with your future tracks, this one seems to have gotten rave results itself so Im sure they'll get even better as you make em'.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 01:03 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 01:04
Seriously chilled mate Great hiphop beat, nice lyrics, decent backing track, as a matter of fact I've only got two complaints:

1) It's too short!
2) It's really quiet, sure, it's peaking at -0, but the volume bars are jumping around a lot. More compressor action, and perhaps some more effects in the background to fill out the soundscape?

It's simple, but it's good Schweet track.

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 06:44
@Ruccus - You actually have people rapping freestyle on your streets? Where do you live, in an 80's music video?

About the lyrics--- honestly I didn't even pay attention to them and nothing stood out. I think melody is more important than lyrics, personally, and at least Fallout uses his voice in his song, unlike 99% of the other bedroom computer composers

"I understand creative people. After all, I worked with towel designers." - Ray Kassar, former head of Atari
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 07:56
Jeku no one raps in canada? We have people freestyling everywhere in atlanta for money.

<- me

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 08:38
I have never, ever heard people freestyling on the street here.

Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 08:45
The other day someone was freestyling at me as I was leaving a Jack in the Box, asking for money in freestyle rap.

Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 09:13
Nice song. What does the track of vocals sound like without the filters (mp3/wav request)

Mostly play halo 2, and a few other games..
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 09:24 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 09:25
Hmm...=)

We were joking of course

The tune is great in just about every way
Now lets get on a truck and eat some hay
Being uber chillax is the name of the game
Ask anyone else and they'll tell you the same

I mean great job fallout

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 09:27 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 09:35
Who said anything about joking!? Jk, great song (again).

Mostly play halo 2, and a few other games..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 13:40
They get in little groups in the catwalks and outside of the high school, one of them starts free styling as their smokin' up and it turns into a battle. No it's not a music video , it isnt THAT often.

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 17:43
Fallout, are you going to bring back Invisible Chainsaw or some site where we can download all your music on one kind of page?

Cheers,
Drew

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 17:46
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 17:52
Thanks Megaton!

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 20:20 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 20:28
Megs is right. That's a link to all dnb on Breakbeat Terrorism. However, here's a link to all tunes that I have online in my server. Pretty much complete back to the end of 2002.

http://www.invisiblechainsaw.com/music.html

I probably won't post that link anyway else, so just remember music.html and I'll try and add all new releases to that list in future.

Edit: For the record, that list features Evolution from 2000. Although a pretty lame old skool sounding tune, I think the lyrics are possibly my best. Being dnb they're just about bigging yourself up for no real reason, but the rhymes are still pretty good. Not Wu-Tang, but eh ...

Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 21:43
Fallout, could we hear the voice track without the music and without the filter/edit?

Mostly play halo 2, and a few other games.. www.sonic-chocolate.com
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 21:53
Lawl. I think that's enough stabs at Fallout's vocal ability for today.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 22:11
@Torsten Sorensen

No.

Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 01:02
Lol, ok. I have your song on repeat...can't stop listening to it.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 01:09
Awwww, but if you stuck out an acapella you might get even more notice... there's tons of people out there wanting some lyrics to paste over their track to see how it sounds. Ya know? Acapella = good thing.

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 01:43
I just thought it would be interesting to hear what he did to the voice track.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 03:24
If you're looking for acapella tracks on famous songs, go to http://www.acidplanet.com where they have continuous music remix contests. You can download all the vocals and instruments separately as WAV files. Good stuff

Torsten Sorensen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 04:19
Nice, you could do a lot with that in garage band!

Thanks for that link Jeku.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:57:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:57:17