Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Christmas present for everyone. Includes source!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 00:21
Here is a complete christmas game I made, including the source code, as a christmas present for everybody at TGC!

The download contains the exe, and all you need to compile it yourself.

Use arrowkeys to move, and space to drop a present. Dropping a present costs 500 points, so you must have at least 500 before can drop one. You have to try to get dropped christmas presents to land in a chimney. You will get 1000 points for every present landed in a chimney.
You must not crash into the ground, or the chimneys or snowmen. Also, you must not hit a plane or helicopter. You can use left and right to speed up/slow down, and up and down to dodge stuff.

I made it pretty easy, as it's a christmas game, but it's still good fun

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 17:12 Edited at: 26th Dec 2006 17:21
Cool! Amazing for only 476 lines... Santa blew up before I finished reading "without blowing up Santa in the process" It was pretty funny. My hiscore is 12400.

I couldn't compile your code, I got an error on line 51. There's also a problem that the program stops before I can read my hiscore, and the window stays up black after the game is finished.

"Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname the Dragon of the West?"
"I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, Uncle."
"It's more of a demonstration really."
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 22:16
You need the matrix1utils, and also sparkys dll to compile. Also, about the black screen. It's supposed to come up with message saying what score you got.

If you can find the exit prompt command, it should have a set window on command before it. try adding in one or two syncs between set window on and exit prompt. That should do it.

The problem is that the message box is not coming out on top, and is hidden behind the black screen. If you press enter, it will select OK on the message box, and then the program should close normally.

PS I'm glad you liked it (And great score!)

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 01:44
Quote: "It's supposed to come up with message saying what score you got.

If you can find the exit prompt command, it should have a set window on command before it. try adding in one or two syncs between set window on and exit prompt. That should do it.

The problem is that the message box is not coming out on top, and is hidden behind the black screen. If you press enter, it will select OK on the message box, and then the program should close normally."

The exit prompt doesn't work properly because it is compiled in FSEX mode. Re-compile it in FS Windowed mode and it works.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:56:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:56:18