Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / What is acceptable on Geek Culture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What is acceptable on this board? I seem to misunderstand this board. The AUP isn't too clear. Can anybody give me suggestions for acceptable and non-acceptable boards on Geek Culture.

"We must hold the Volga!" -Adolf Hitler
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 20:47
Geek culture isn't just for any random question or thread. Geek culture is a board to discuss GEEK things;
Cool gadgets
new games that are coming out
some piece of tech news
a cool project you're working on

that type of thing. Of course it can be more, but that's the general idea of it. Think about the board title: "GEEK CULTURE"
It sound be threads relating to...? Geek culture!

So, in closing:
Any random question or irrelevant thought = NO
Geeky stuff and cool/funny geek topics = YES.

I have a devious mind.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2009 22:12
From the forum main page:

Quote: "This high volume board is for all geek / tech culture related threads not specific to game making. If it's off-topic but adheres to our AUP, it goes in here."

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 00:04
Talking about boxers, girl problems, and possible suicide in just about every message isn't geeky enough for Geek Culture.

Geeks are geeky no matter what they wear, girls don't usually go for geeks unless your on Revenge of the Nerds, and most ways to kill yourself don't involve computers.

Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 00:33
This doesn't seem like much of a replacement for a "Social/Off Topic" or "General Discussion" board, especially considering the message under the title.
Quote: "If it's off-topic but adheres to our AUP"

This is no 4chan.

WINNER list:
Brick Break, Latch, Lee Bamber, TDK, TheComet
Thanks for the help!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 02:35
Quote: "What is acceptable on this board? I seem to misunderstand this board. The AUP isn't too clear. Can anybody give me suggestions for acceptable and non-acceptable boards on Geek Culture."

Five minutes spent checking the titles and first posts of the last three pages of unlocked threads should give you a good idea.

Common sense will probably help too.

There are, of course, grey areas. Threads announcing the marriage/birthday/birth(?) of a well-known forum member probably count as Geek Culture - or at least used to .
Brick Break
User Banned
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 03:10 Edited at: 6th Sep 2009 06:27
Quote: "This is no 4chan. "

Green Gandalf, I wish you had honored one of my own threads with your presence, but regardless, I'm honored. Or as you say over in jolly ol' England, mate, I am honoured.

And to restate what I said before, this is no 4chan.

WINNER list:
Brick Break, Latch, Lee Bamber, TDK, TheComet
Thanks for the help!
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2009 04:41
Then go back to 4chan. Please.

Cong
Years of Service
User Offline
i wouldnt say im a geek at all just i dont think programming and game dev should be ultimately classed as geeky
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 00:01
Quote: "Then go back to 4chan. Please."

Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, go something awful, that place at least has more self-respect than that of 4chan.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2009 00:59
ooooooooooooooohhh that's why my threads keep getting locked... thanks for telling me this!

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:57:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:57:17