Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / LightEngine v0.4.1 Service Release!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2007 02:37 Edited at: 9th Sep 2007 08:58
Hi guys, here's a new version of LightEngine.

I'm calling it a service release because it is not what I expected for version 0.5

The only changed here is that LightLight is a class with only static methods/properties for controlling the default Light (ID 0), and I've included a class for creating additional lights: LightAdditionalLight.

This is important to work with commands like SetShadowShadingOn. Thanks to tindex for pointing this.

Well, that's it for now. I hope you're enjoying using LightEngine as much as I enjoy developing it. Expect more things to come on v0.5. I think it will take at least a couple of months before releasing it... I'll stop the talking now, or the surprises will be gone...

[EDIT] New version released! Check the v0.5 thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=114015&b=22

Happy coding!

Best regards,
Thiago
TGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 03:06
How exactly do you set it up? Comes with no instruction at all
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 04:24
Good point TGN!

Yes, that is missing. I was working on the documentation, but things are heavy here, and I didn't have any more time to work on it.

Have you seen the samples? Basically, you set up a a DGDK.NET application, then you change the inheritance from CDarkGDK to LightEngine. I think the samples may help you out.

If you need any help, please, tell me.

Best regards,
Thiago
TGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 08:16
I meant more like, what do you do with the DLLs to get it to compile?
TGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 11:23
What is the parameter in the command InitializeDGDK() for? It keeps throwing an exception when I run any sample, and all the other commands throw an exception if I try without it...
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 16:25
You only have to reference them in your project, easy as that.

The parameter is the authentication key generated by the authenticator that comes with DGDK.NET, just like any other application made with DGDK.NET has. This command is important as it initializes the DGDK.NET COM with your keys.
TGN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 23:32
Is there any reason the LightEngine class is protected for all it's methods? I can't seem use the activation function it contains unless I am inheriting from it. Well, not easily anyways.
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 01:13
Your program should inherit from LightEngine class, just like you would inherit from CDarkGDK. That's for easier access to original oDBXXX objects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 20:49:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 20:49:37