Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGui2 - Gadgets rendered in black. Why?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2007 19:57 Edited at: 7th Sep 2007 19:57
Hi,
While working on an editor of mine I suddenly got a problem with gadgets rendering black while a child of a frame.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Any way to fix it?

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
First let me say this has not happened to me.
Does the object function? If not, have you played with the "setGadgetEnabled" command?
Maybe the "setGadgetAlpha" command if this is a seperate window.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 20:51
Looks like a setGadgetAlpha problem to me too...
Never tried using different alpha values for child objects though, so I never saw the problem you're saying.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 22:48
I tried to use setGadgetAlpha, but it doesn't make any difference.
Also there is no help file for this command, but I assume that 0 = totally invisible and 255 = no alpa?

wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
My first question, was does the gadget function correctly?

Have you tried making a new frame gadget? Sometimes when Blue goes quirky on me I have to do a redo. Also I'm pretty sure that the setGadgetAlpha command is intended for seperate windows gadgets only.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 14:48
Yes, the gadget is functioning properly.
When I uncheck the checkbox "explodeable", the gadgets become inactive (which it is supposed to), where the text bexomes gray. This is the only way I h ave found to read the label of the radio box.

I haven't yet tried to make a new frame gadget. It didn't come to my mind as an option.

Quote: "the setGadgetAlpha command is intended for seperate windows gadgets only."

Do you mean that that command is intended for gadgets in windows other than the main dbpro window? If that is the case, then the command should work.
Do you have the syntax for it?
DBPro tells me setGadgetAlpha gadgetId but the compiler tells me it is setGadgetAlpha gadgetId, alphavalue, while the help file doesn't exist so I don't know what alphavalue is, Ie. a float? an integer? what is the maximum value? etc.

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2007 20:50
It's either a percentage (0-100) or a byte (0-255)
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. But usually, an alpha value is a byte (same as in the rgba structure in images where the a stands for alpha).

wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
setGadgetAlpha window to change,0-255 are the settings for the command. I just tried it on some windows and it works on every window except the main window.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2007 17:43 Edited at: 14th Sep 2007 18:05
Ok, so what you are saying is that the radio box gadget is rendered black because the window doesn't use transparency?
This doesn't make sense to me, and I tried to change the transparency on both the gadget and the window, no difference (except the window became transparent).

edit,
Now that I look at the screenshot in the first post, i can see that it may look like the window is transparent, and this is the cause of the "transparency problem".
But it's just a photoshopped image in order to better visualize the problem.

So forget anything about transparency, as I haven't used it in my application, and am not going to use it.

edit2,
I tried to run the application without the winXP Look, and now the black stuff is gone (in win98 style), if I switch back to XP look the black stuff appear again. (I'm talking about the manifest file that transforms the app. into winxp look)

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2007 22:01
Lol... I really thought you meant the window itself..

Maybe it would help if you paste the line of code where you create the radio button (+ any labels, panels paired with it that turn out black)?

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 03:21
Hello,

This is as far as I know, a bug or quirk within Windows. The solution is to place the radio buttons inside a panel and the panel inside the frame, rather than making the radio button a child of the frame directly.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 02:01:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 02:01:45