Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2007 10:07
If i make a landscape with T.ED,how how prepares you those then FPSC?
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
ask JMON. Email him. He used T.ED for landscape in his game.

JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
I export this way descibed in the pic and find export location name it done. as for textures i havent found out how to export into fpsc i just use one texture rock,grass. i open the x file with enity maker and reduce the size by 6 clicks down on on the x-y-z axis (this makes it smaller) then add a texture it may look funny but its right reduce the texture quality by 1 . then export to fpsc bamm !!! its done. make a segment square in the far bottom left corner then place the entity above the segment off-set to the right . ok hope this tutorial helps. if you figure out how to get one colored texture from t.ed export help me out lol

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JMON
Years of Service
User Offline
i almost forgot you must set the entity to dynamic at the top of the entity properties ok
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 23:08
I'm not sure if large terrains will ever be the best direction to go for FPSC X9 but I think a multiplayer map with just a decent looking large terrain would be viable option.

Attached is my effort from a while back. It doesn't have any player collision issues and runs at constant 30+ frames per second as seen in the video link but I never built a multiplayer game to test this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-_UIsGZ0IM

It will be interesting to see where you go with this. Most people won't entertain the idea of using large terrains in an FPSC game but I don't believe this has been proven conclusively either way yet.

Nomad

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 23:29
I think the best bet with Ted, is to either keep the whole thing a flat plane, or use it in small amounts (ie, a courtyard, etc.). Either way, if you can import it without much frame-rate issues, it will really make your ground stand out with the splatting you can do....versus the sharp boundaries that we currently have on ground segments.

-Keith

airborne trooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Nomad Soul

Can you contact me please, I need to know more about how you created the landscape in T.ED and then tested it in FPS creator.

I have just purchased T.ED and am trying to import a terrain into FPS creator X10 without much luck

Thanks

abtrooper

KAS
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 12:14
Airborne

Apologies I missed your post.

I'll send you an email shortly about this.

For the time being take a look at the attached files which is for the single full scale FPSC terrain map I created a while back. It might help you.

Nomad

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 13:37:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 13:37:26