Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / msvcp71.dll Error - Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 18:13 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 18:13
Ever since I got DBPro, it has been compiling fine. I could send my programs to friends, and they would work.

Now, all of the sudden, everytime I launch one of my DBPro apps on another computer, it gives me an error saying that it can't find this file, msvcp71.dll.

I manually downloaded the DLL and put it into the system32 directory, then everything worked fine. On that computer.

After that was solved, it says, "Failed to load matrixUtil_16.dll" when I successfully compiled my app on my computer. This all did start happening after I got the Matrix Utilities by IanM

-C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. C++ also gives you the tree object to tie it to.
-A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 00:22
The Matrix utilities uses some sort of C runtime, like the DLL you listed. Not sure why it would say "Failed to load matrixUtil_16.dll" though. Is it in your DBPro directory for plugins-user folder?

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 00:25
Yes, it is. I double checked, and It was. I even included it in the EXE (compressing the DLL like media) and it wouldn't work.

-C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. C++ also gives you the tree object to tie it to.
-A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 00:50
I guess the second error message you got was because you didn't install BOTH required redistributable DLL's.

Check the link at the bottom of the first post in my utils thread and you'll find both files required in that zip file.

luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:21
OK, thanks, but What about that first error? I have never seen that before, and every computer I use my programs on gives that error.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 12:45 Edited at: 24th Feb 2008 13:44
As I said, you need both files, not just one.

[edit]While I think about it, those files don't necessarily need to be placed into the System32 folder - you should be able to place them in the same folder as your game for the same effect.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 02:30
IanM are you aware of any licensing issues with those files? I've heard that it's not okay to just pass around M$ DLLs whenever you need them. Just don't want to get into any trouble.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 14:13
If you have any of the Visual studio products, there is a file installed alongside the app called redist.txt that lists all files that you as a developer are allowed to distribute as a part of your application.

I have Visual C++ .NET and both files in that zip file of mine are listed.

So yes, perfectly legal for me to do so

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:50:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:50:03