Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Bin & Dbo File Cleaner

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 10:24
Sorry about the long unintentional absence. I am finding myself a little more motion limited. (heart attact then a stroke a week after kinda took alot away from me) But more then a month of rehab and still going I got some of myfelf back.
But right now any shortcuts are good shortcuts for me and this was something I made just before all this went down. I find it helpful and want to share it with you all here.

Anyways about the program.

This is a file cleaner it cleans out the entitybank folder and the segment folder.
This file cleaner will only clean out the .bin and .dbo files only.

How to install: download and run file FPSC .bin&.dbo File Cleaner - release.exe

How to use: on your desktop you have 2 icons click either
FPSC Entity Bank .bin&.dbo File Cleaner
FPSC Segment .bin&.dbo File Cleaner
That is your one and only step to run this program. It does everything else itself.

-----------------------------

Also the cottagewood overlays are on SignsIV if you havent seen them I highly suggest you get over to FPSCONLINEand download your copy of signs IV now. I am sure you will like it and I highly suggest you buy your copy now.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 10:42
useful!

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 13:56
Sorry to hear about your health troubles I hope you recover well.

Thanks for the program, this will be very handy and save me a lot of precious time.

All the best of luck and health.

Cheers
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 14:58
Quote: "I am finding myself a little more motion limited. (heart attact then a stroke a week after kinda took alot away from me) But more then a month of rehab and still going I got some of myself back."

Having been down from time to time I can relate.After all that if you can even use a pc you're probably very happy.I wish you a speedy recovery and thank you very much for this.It will be a great help.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks much for this useful little program, hope you get well

Check out gang- the gangster fps
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 20:50
CLiPs,

So sorry to hear about the heart problems. All of us here wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks for the program, it's exactly what I needed.

Best.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 21:01
...very generous of you.

Greatly appreciated.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 23:16
Hey guys thanks for the kind comments. Certianly I am very happy to be back on my pc. And back to the forums. And look forward to treking through all the threads I have missed.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Scope
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you CliPs.Hope your health inproves all the best.
Scope.
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 02:18
thanks for this mate

does it work for x10 ?

cheers henry

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 02:30
actually this is just for FPSC.... Im already a little tired out for the day but I can a get a copy to work for X10 by tomorrow. And have it posted. So check back tomorrow afternoon and it should be here... Wow just realized I still need to load up x10

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 06:16
So why do you need to delete all of them?

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 06:19 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 06:20
Now you get one of those cool little containers to carry your niacin tablets in. Seriously though, glad you are ok.

This will come in handy, everyone should be clearing the dbo and bin files, especially when upgrading / downgrading to different versions.

Thanks
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 06:49
Quote: "So why do you need to delete all of them?"

Because when upgrading to a newer version, one of the things you need to do is to delete ALL FPSC bin and dbo files so that the newer version can recreate them correctly.

Personally I think it's an awesome idea to have a program like this. Definitally would save a lot of time for people wanting to upgrade. I think Lee should include this baby with any of his updates that require users to do this.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 14:05 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 14:06
Great app! I actually made a couple of batch files for myself a while back for a program called Killer that does the same thing, one that cleans the entities and one that cleans the segments.

But this is much easier as an "install-and-use" solution. I agree with Plystire that something like this should be included with FPSC, at least with upgrades.

thanks!

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 21:42
I think CCleaner might do the same thing.
Good to know about deleting the files.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:57:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:57:47