Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 50% Sale - Out Of The Box Skybox System.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 04:12 Edited at: 1st Feb 2009 21:27
Limited Time Offer - OOTB skybox ENDS Oct 3rd - After that the packs will no longer be sold at all

It is now at half price for a limited time offer, I am working on a new game and need to buy in some art assets, it takes time sending money from my bank into the paypal, so this sale offer is to save time for me, this offer is for a very limited time, and will not be offered again, in fact there is every likelihood that the product will be discontinued, so if you want the skyboxes, better get them now, while they are still here and are at this give away price.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOTB skyboxes.
Two sets available, OOTB 1 and OOTB 2.

A set of 16 sky boxes, perfect for video games or your art projects. Each skybox scene comes with 6 1024x1024 images in the highest resolution jpg.
FPSC ready comes with its own installer.

See our free sample here.
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/sample_skybox.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOTB 1

See product here.
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/ootb_skybox1_half_price.html

Sample slide show images

Full slide show here
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/ootb1_slide_show.html

OOTB 2

See product here.
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/ootb_skybox2_half_price.html

Sample slide show images

Full slide show here
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/ootb2_slide_show.html

Original pack price
GBP 12.50 EUR 17.99 USD 25.50
New Half Price Time Limited Offer
GBP 6.25 EUR 8.99 USD 12.75

Buy two packs original pack price
GBP 19.99 EUR 28.99 USD 40.99
New Half Price Time Limited Offer
GBP 9.99 EUR 14.50 USD 20.50

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 04:13
Those are incredible!!! Very nice work.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 04:22
They all look Really Really Really good. The forest looks SPECTACULAR!
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 04:29
I'v been waiting for this!

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 18:02
I would recommend them to everyone. I bought them full price and worth every penny. They'll look even better when they can be used with X10!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 18:10
They are really so much better than the included FPSC sky boxes and make a real difference in a game. I also recommend them.

NOTE: This is an honest, non-paid endorsement.

Best.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 18:59 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 19:00
They look very good with the efx mod, that mod really makes them look real nice, at least a full 50% better, as does the DX10 version as well as I am told, so if you have DX9 then try the efx mod with it as it really makes a differance.

Also thanks to my customers that bought them the first time round.

If these sell well this time around, I may make something that can alter the view point, so I may add a plug in.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 01:51
They really are the business.

I also purchased at full price and still think I got a bargain.

How on earth did you make these, they must have taken a long time and look professionaly done.

It has to be said the stock skyboxes aren't a patch on these.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 03:52 Edited at: 25th Sep 2008 03:53
They did take a long time, the longest ones took 4 days to render out, shortest ones would be a day to render, I had to use Bryce to do them as other 3d programs would make a render that would be too realistic, but the Bryce renderer makes it look more like a video game, Bryce takes forever to render out, hence the massive times some of them took, also its a real pain getting anything decent, its hit and miss and getting lucky, so one has to just keep trying again and again and crossing ones fingers that the skylab will give a good effect on the scene, its massively tedious making things in Bryce, its so hit and miss to control how its going to look.

Over all the whole project was a big waste of time, I only did it to make some money to hire a programmer for a amusement product game for a local market product that would of got me out of my rut from games that got green lights from publishers, then dropped before it came to signing, so these was meant to get me a programmer to finish something that would of got me back on my feet, well, I would of made more money staking shelves at Tescos than working on these, so it was a massive white elephant, if I worked out an hourly rate, it would work out at something stupid like 1 pence or 1 cent per hour, so a complete waste of time, I had 3 games all set up with the art work and everything all set up, the idea was hire a programmer to program one for a week or two with the money on the profit of these, those games still sit on my HD a year later, so a waste of my time, I would of made all kinds of stuff for fpsc, but as the audience at fpsc is so small, or they just don't buy, or just don't buy skyboxes, I never brought stuff out. So it also ended me bringing out stuff for fpsc as it wouldn't be worth the time invested.

The sale here is too raise some cash to buy some art packs for a game I'm bringing out that will be for free and have an option for a donation to support the game, I have had so much BS with publishers I want to cut them, and the traditional way of business right out, no doubt people will download the game in droves and not donate a brass bean to it, my cynicism is very rarely wrong, the new game will not be using the fpsc engine, I looked at fpsc from ever angle to bring something out, but it just wouldn't run to anything I had in mind, so Ill be leaving the fpsc engine, though Ill follow the updates on the mods, and I may use it for p*** take games, that I bring out to take the rip out of something, but not for anything else I don't think, Ill check out fpsc dx10 when I have a computer good enough to run it.

I had another half done pack of skyboxes, but as these original ones didn't sell well I didn't work on the second half of the third pack, also I had a technique to do urban city buildings skypacks, but didn't work to finish due to the same reason. When I did the skyboxes I offered to Torque, didn't even get a reply of them, personally I wouldn't give them the time of day if that is their mode of business, I also tried google ads to sell them, waste of time on that, personally I don't know how art asset companies make any money, perhaps texture CDs for people that work in the CGI industry, priced at a high premium, but selling to game makers, I wouldn't touch it again.

These will be on offer for the next 7 days, after that, I'm taking them down for good, so that's it, 7 days to get them, after that you wont be able to buy them ever again.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 15:07
I really can't understand why you've not made much money from these. They are better than any skyboxes I've seen anywhere else except for in the best commercial games.

Would you negotiate on a price for doing a video tutorial. I know there are some available but doubt many of them are aimed at making skyboxes for games. Plus the ones I've seen don't look as good as the game quality seen in yours.

I'll pay you $200 for a good video tutorial.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 15:14 Edited at: 25th Sep 2008 15:20
Sure Id do a video tutorial, quite frankly Im open to any money offers on anything design orientated. What kind of video tutorial would you want, tutorial on how I made these skyboxes? how long would the tutorial be, minimum time limit?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 16:31
great stuff man! Recieved my order this morning.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 16:53
Have you thought about approaching TGC to put it up in their store (even their regular store with the other Skybox packs)?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 17:07
fallen one,

Sent you an email from your site.

Best.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2008 18:48
Quote: "Have you thought about approaching TGC to put it up in their store (even their regular store with the other Skybox packs)?"

I may do that Keith, I have some other skyboxes, so something could be put forward, I also have the means to do urban skyboxes, which perhaps is what people want more, as people seem to go with modern rather than fantasy type games. I do have all the models needed for skyboxes for buildings made within the last 300 years.

Im going to dig out stuff I have for fpsc and put them online for sale, Ill have a look for my skin collection.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2008 05:16
Quote: "Sure Id do a video tutorial, quite frankly Im open to any money offers on anything design orientated. What kind of video tutorial would you want, tutorial on how I made these skyboxes? how long would the tutorial be, minimum time limit?"

Excellent! (you'll have to imagine the mr burns voice over)

Length of video not as important as quality. I need to be able to see the interface properly and what your selecting.

Don't need a voice over but if not some pop up text in between parts or seperate files for each part.

I'd like a tutorial on how you made one of the skyboxes in your pack, ideally the forest but only because thats my favourite.

Obviously I wouldn't expect a re production but the techniques are important so I know how to implement the ground, trees, sky and lighting etc. Also how to create the 6 seamless images and FPS perspective.

I need the tutorial to start from scratch so I know how to set things up when starting my own skyboxes but take me through to rendering a final scene that resembles yours. I don't have a minimum time just that you cover everything.

All I would ask is for a link to a sample of the tutorial to check out then give me a paypal link and I'll pay you for a link to the full thing once complete.

I'm happy with $200 so you'll have to let me know if thats ok for what I'm asking and how long you think it will take etc.

Thanks
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 04:06
Ive got some skins to bring out first, so Ill hang on first till I have released them.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 10:44
I had ordered the skyboxes 24 hours ago. I am still waiting; but not for long.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 11:57
The Orders are not automated, orders are done by hand, check your mail for your order as its just been sent out.

And a note to those that want this product, the product ends on October the 3rd, so two days left, after that, no more skyboxes ever again, so if if you want them, you have 2 days, after that, they are not available ever again, so dont miss out.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 19:47
Get them, GET THEM NOW!!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 01:42 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2008 01:44
I figured that they were hand done, however, I figured 24 hours would have been sufficient and was giving another 36 hours.

I do thank you for sending the links, however, the links to skybox2 were not valid. I will not post the message reply in full as it contained the url for those links and probably not a good idea to broadcast them even though they were invalid. The message from my IP started out:

"Sorry, we couldn't find www.avantivitastudios . . ."

Skybox #1 links were good. Thanks

Addendum:

Skybox #1 are very, very good. Nickydude was right as always.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 04:30
Its corrected, check your email. Of note, my other fpsc products are now online.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2008 13:41
Last day for these and thats your lot on this one, no more skyboxes.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 01:04 Edited at: 4th Oct 2008 04:19
Hi fallen one, I have just received my order...boy that was fast service! your packs are just Fantastic!! well worth the price...plus more....I hope all don't miss out on this deal...I hope you put out some more packs like this..keep up the good work...btw..the new stuff that you have put out is Awesome!! I will be buying that as well..I hope you have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 01:35
Fallen One, could you send me an email I need to speak to you.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 03:07
Hi Tanya, just sent your order out, check your email. Hope you enjoy them.
Hi Nickydude, here is a contact form on one of my websites.
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/contact_form.html

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2008 08:17
Thanks for the praise Tanya. That gives me some inspiration to put items out, I was in two minds too, so perhaps it may be worth it, though Im not sure how fpsc users think about female characters, I think male fpsc users may be male oriented and prefer male characters, personally I dont think video games have enough female characters in them. Though I will say that if people do look into new skins, that if people are interested in the ones out now, I will add male versions if the first lot of skins have interest.

Lord Boreal Face
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 15:54
im sorry for asking but what does this mean?

Quote: "Limited Time Offer - OOTB skybox ENDS Oct 3rd - After that the packs will no longer be sold at all"

does it mean the limited time offer is over? or does it mean we cant get the skyboxes now?

Let the power of hellfire sink into your soul.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 16:54
Though I can't understand the logic of taking something completely off the market, that took that much work; it appears you can no longer purchase these skyboxes.

-Keith

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Lord Boreal Face, Here is the Skyboxes Notice Per fallen one - Discontinued, not available in store, item only available subject to personal inquiries - email for details on item.

Cheers,
Tanya.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 02:50
It means its off the market, you cant buy them from my store, like I said, you buy them before the 3rd or thats it, if you want them now, you have to negotiate a price for them, and the price is not fpsc prices, its what the going rate is for 3d assets subject to negotiation. So if youn want them, make an offer on what you will pay for them and email it to me via my web form.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 11:23:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 11:23:43