Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / stuck on ground in sparky's sliding demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2008 06:18 Edited at: 1st Oct 2008 06:20
I just downloaded the newest version of Sparky's dll for DarkGDK, and when I run the sliding demo, I can't move when I'm on the ground. I can, however, move when I'm in the air, so to get anywhere, I have to keep jumping and move before I land. I haven't posted any code because I haven't changed any of it. It's exactly how it was when I downloaded it. I've had this problem before and never got it resolved, so I know reinstalling Sparky's, DarkGDK, Visual C++, or even reformatting my computer won't help. Does anybody know how to make it work?

By the way, the same thing happens with the DB version of the dll. Because of this, I continue to use an old version where this didn't happen. Unfortunately, I can't find an old version of the one for DarkGDK.

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) :: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.2Ghz :: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM :: nVidia GeForce 8600M GS - 256 MB
zeeenza
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello? Anyone?

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) :: Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.2Ghz :: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM :: nVidia GeForce 8600M GS - 256 MB
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 02:54
I'm not sure if we're having the same problem but when I use sliding collision with Sparky's I get stuck on certain faces and don't slide, almost as if 'm using DGDK's built-in collision.

zeeenza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 03:18 Edited at: 9th Oct 2008 03:24
Quote: "I'm not sure if we're having the same problem but when I use sliding collision with Sparky's I get stuck on certain faces and don't slide, almost as if 'm using DGDK's built-in collision."

I'm having that problem too. My main problem, though, is that I'm not able to walk on the lowest part of flat ground, and it won't let me walk up some slopes (they aren't too steep either because I can walk up some other slopes that are steeper). Also, sometimes the speed at which I'm walking affects whether I get stuck or not.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 04:02
Quote: "I'm having that problem too. My main problem, though, is that I'm not able to walk on the lowest part of flat ground, and it won't let me walk up some slopes (they aren't too steep either because I can walk up some other slopes that are steeper). Also, sometimes the speed at which I'm walking affects whether I get stuck or not."

For me I stick to any faces that are on the interior of the model. For instance, if I have a building model, then I slide correctly around the outside of it, but if I go inside the collision gets sticky again. Really annoying. And I can't find a single solution.

zeeenza
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you have the same problem with the DB version of the DLL? Like I said in my first post, it happens in DBP as well, so I use an older version. Is there any place I can get an old version of the one for GDK?

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 05:19
Quote: "Do you have the same problem with the DB version of the DLL? Like I said in my first post, it happens in DBP as well, so I use an older version. Is there any place I can get an old version of the one for GDK?"

Unfortunately I haven't used DBP for awhile so I'm not sure if it works correctly in DBP. And AFAIK you can't get any other versions for GDK. I guess we'll just have to wait for somebody to find a solution.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:44:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:44:55