Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / GUI Studio bugs, anyone know a workaround that works?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought GUI studio a year ago and finally decided to use it. (also I've been dealing with the following issues for weeks so it's not a newb "Oh NOES it doesn't work!" question)

The issues are, I create a menu for my game using the buttons I made in GUI studio. I put text over the buttons and load my program with the menu as the first thing. To skip any boring storyline here's a summation:

1. I set the sprite alpha to white but it does not go transparent unless I leave the menu (play the game) and come back to the menu.

2. Transparent or not, whenever I come back to the menu, while my title looks nice (I made it in paint shop pro), the buttons I made look horrendous, the b/g colors are now above the background and everything's super dark.

3. You can't click through text. So to do that, I set button opacity to 40 percent and shoved the text behind the buttons. This is nice until you go back to the glitched menu after playing the game. (Also I did set clickthroughtext to 1 within guifunctions.dba, but have yet to try 0... so that's not fully tested, but it isn't documented on how to turn that on or off and seems like it had a place in the documentation)

4. While white does go transparent when I return to the menu, you'd think I could just invisibly load the game then reset it back to the menu to get it to display... but I can't, since I replaced the graphics with white backgrounds and it gave the same error when I did "run last build"... though I just realized that's in png format and transparency only works on certain formats, will try that now...

5. The backdrop image function doesn't work at, so I put in a panel and sent it to the back layer.

So, those are my issues. I'm kinda annoyed that I paid for this, as I'm using it for a project I intend to polish and get professionally representable. So Other than workarounds, my other questions are...

Anyone know a good GUI studio where I can use pictures as buttons? I'm about to code my own, as it's simple 2D collision with mouse, but it would help if anyone knew of anyone that's coded something like it already.

Thanks for the help. About my underlying game, yes it is done and working, I'm making a different educational type of program. Which is odd 'cause that's what the newsletter was about, but my main focus is GUI studio right now. I did check their forums, and found semi-similar issues but not the ones I mentioned, for version 1.08 that is.

fs

Signed
------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 20:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 20:32:40