Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Community Competition / How to upload your entries

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 17:26 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2009 20:16
Zip up or RAR your compiled game, with the source code, and added readme.txt file.
Open My Computer or Windows Explorer
Type in ftp://ccompfiles.thegamecreators.com into the address bar.
Login with the user name compupload and leave the password blank then click on Log On
There will be an error message, ignore it, by clicking on OK
Open a second My Computer or Windows Explorer if not already open, navigate to your Zip or RAR file, then drag it onto the window you've used to login to the FTP server, and let go.
The file will now upload, and your entry will have been submitted.

Thanks for entering, I look forward to seeing all your entries!

FAQ

I want to upload an improved version of my game, how do I do it? Or when I try I get an error message!

The system will not allow you to overwrite your existing project file. If uploading a revision, update, or new version, please label the file clearly, for example, if I upload KangarooBoxing.Zip and I wish to upload an improved version, I can't upload KangarooBoxing.Zip a second time, I'd need to upload KangarooBoxing2.zip I'd need to update the readme.txt file included as well. Make the versions as clear as possible, you don't want me judging an older version due to unclear file names.

Why can't I use my FTP Client?

You can, the problem is that the majority of FTP Clients require the directory and files to be listed. Because we don't want other users seeing what's been sent in to the competition, or downloading other peoples source code, we've disabled this.

Can I submit the entry via another file transfer site?

Yes you can, however you do so at your own risk, accepting that it may not get through to us, and that other users may be able to access it before the competition is over. If you wish to send it via an alternative method, please e-mail the details to compofiles@thegamecreators.com

Why do I need a TGC Store account before I send in my entry.

All entries will receive 250 free store points just for entering (1 per person) if you send in the wrong details to your account then you may not get your points. It makes the process a lot smoother if the correct details are submitted right away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 12:41:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 12:41:53