Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Taking a bath

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to take a bath without soap and water, without taking off your clothes. I've been trying to figure this out for ages, but just can't get the hang of it.
I'm lazy as hell and if someone would invent a human washing machine I'd be the first in line to buy it. Some dry cleaning sort of thingy that's suitable for humans.

Any ideas?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 12:26
Quote: "Any ideas? "

Be less lazy.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 12:26
You're a virgin, aren't you? Relatives don't count.

Quote: "Any ideas?"

Stop being a complete freak, please.

Come see the WIP!
mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You're a virgin, aren't you?"

I'm not sure what you mean. Where I come from, that could mean several things. So you'll have to be a bit more clear. Please pepper your comments with relatively sensible speech.
I always expect, at the minimum, a clarity of thought and a brevity of expression from my peer group.

Quote: "Stop being a complete freak, please.
"

Do you have any idea about the market potential for an automatic bathing machine? Obviously not.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 12:58 Edited at: 30th Mar 2009 12:59
Quote: "Do you have any idea about the market potential for an automatic bathing machine? Obviously not."

That doesn't involve water, soap, or taking off your clothes? Obviously not.

Quote: "I'm not sure what you mean. Where I come from, that could mean several things. So you'll have to be a bit more clear. Please pepper your comments with relatively sensible speech."

I'll take that as a yes.

Come see the WIP!
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
If you're too lazy to take your clothes off when having a bath then you have some serious issues.

Quote: "Do you have any idea about the market potential for an automatic bathing machine? Obviously not."

Make one yourself, reproduce it, then let us know how many you sell.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 13:54 Edited at: 30th Mar 2009 14:58
What is happening to Geek Culture at the moment? Its gone all strange....

I just don't see why you would want to take a bath in all your clothes. Surely it would take more effort in the long run to dry out the clothes etc?

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 14:29
Quote: "You're a virgin, aren't you? Relatives don't count.

Quote: "Any ideas?"
Stop being a complete freak, please."

Check out Cash, with the superiority complex.

However, this is easy to accomplish. You simply need to build a teleportation device and when you are reconstituting the signal, simply remove any unwanted dirt and grime. Simples.

WARNING! The author of this post is most probably drunk or asleep.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 14:42
Quote: "Check out Cash, with the superiority complex."

Good hygiene does that, I'm afraid

Come see the WIP!
Mr Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, not even I am that lazy. I can see what you mean, for the lazy man this mifght be a dream, but it might be best for yourself if you try and get less lazy . Will live longer and have better quality of life .

There is no greater virtue, then the ability to face oneself.
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 15:04
There has been some research that proves that in our germ free super clean lifestyles, our bodies become more susceptible to infections and viruses. This is because in the past there wasn't as much focus on spraying everything with detergents and the such. So our bodies used to get a regular dose of germs and our immune system became stronger because of this. Now we have very little germs invading our bodies so our immune system sits back with it's feet up, whilst the germs we do get go to town.

That's not to say I recommend poor personal hygiene, I'm merely pointing out faults in our modern way of living. But cash is right, the females tend not to be attracted to blokes who shower once a week or something. Unless of course you are trying to attract females who don't wash either.

bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 15:29
I agree with monotonic, wouldnt it be alot better if everybody was just walking around in the streets naked, and if nobody ever showered so we smelled like poo

That would be fun or what XD

NEW: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40ghz 4gb ram 32-bit | OLD: 3.19GHz - 7600GT - 1GB - Windows XP
Visit my youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/bergice1
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 15:40
I blame mothers - these new mums that go around thinking there Angelina Jolie, kids immaculately clean and carried all over the place. Kids need a place of their own where they can get mucky, in piece and quiet. I was quite lucky as a kid, stayed across from a few acres of dumping ground, everything form dead dogs to slot machines.

It's where most of my scars come from, and maggoty cats and dogs are not the most pleasant things to uncover - but, I very rarely get a cold .

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 16:05 Edited at: 30th Mar 2009 16:11
Quote: "That doesn't involve water, soap, or taking off your clothes? Obviously not."

Let me enlighten you then by doing some quick market research.
How many would rather have a sci-fi dry cleaning thingy that just zapped all those dirt balls on your body in a nano-second?

I'm a virgin alright. If you don't count Miss. Joan and Laura and Emily and...
Contrary to popular opinion a lot of earthy women can't stand men who smell sweet.

@Cash
Do you also use lavender talc after you bathe?

Quote: "I agree with monotonic, wouldnt it be alot better if everybody was just walking around in the streets naked, and if nobody ever showered so we smelled like poo "

Yeah. I especially like the walking around in the streets naked. Then you'd just need to zap the dirtballs on the skin. Maybe, if everyone gathered around in the morning and a big giant zapper would shed some ultra-violet radiation. Of course there would be more fornicating on the streets and people going home with huge complexes after seeing Mr. Jones starkers. Huge complexes. Har,har.
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 16:26
Baths are extremely relaxing, why would you want to skip them?

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Baths are extremely relaxing, why would you want to skip them?"

There goes my market research. First thumbs down for a bathing machine.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 16:31
I'd settle for one that actually got you out of bed in the morning, clean, shaven, hair combed, stringy-crispy bits dug out of eye corners, and ears dried out with cotton buds for good measure.

Nothing like that would ever happen though, all that stuff is only developed to help women, and they just couldn't care how quickly they get showered - there's no such thing as 'that'll do', things take as long as they take.
I mean can you imagine inventing something that gets women ready in 10 minutes?, then try selling that to a woman . Men would be buying it left and right, meanwhile their wives would be banning them from installing it.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I mean can you imagine inventing something that gets women ready in 10 minutes?"

Where do I sign to get one of these?!

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd settle for one that actually got you out of bed in the morning, clean, shaven, hair combed, stringy-crispy bits dug out of eye corners, and ears dried out with cotton buds for good measure.

Nothing like that would ever happen though, all that stuff is only developed to help women, and they just couldn't care how quickly they get showered - there's no such thing as 'that'll do', things take as long as they take.
I mean can you imagine inventing something that gets women ready in 10 minutes?, then try selling that to a woman . Men would be buying it left and right, meanwhile their wives would be banning them from installing it."

Yeah. Handwriting Recognition patents. All my time and money wasted. Bathing machines is what the world wants. One thumbs up.
Enough votes and I'm going to start work. Would any of the folks care to pre-order?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 16:57
Take a shower!!!
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 17:02
Quote: "Would any of the folks care to pre-order?"

I'm in, should I just send you my account details or would you prefer a blank cheque?

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm going to need some guniea pigs. Human volunteers would do just fine.
The reference group will have to go without bathing for 24 hours during which time they will be bombarded with delicious UV rays. Next a group of normal bathers would be lined up against a wall with the reference group.
A hoity-toity uptown girl would be unleashed on the group, with instructions to ravage all men but one.
When the dust settles, if a man from the UV group is standing I will return back to the drawing board. On the other hand if one of the lavender talc men are left standing I will go into full production.

Quote: "I'm in, should I just send you my account details or would you prefer a blank cheque?
"

Both. A blank cheque with no money in the account isn't going to get me too far into production.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 03:07
Wow. How'd I miss this thread?

You can't be serious, can you?

Check out my programming blog!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 03:44
Quote: "I'm a virgin alright. If you don't count Miss. Joan"

So your last name is Joan?

Actually, Star Trek has what you're looking for. They can shower without removing clothing.

[url="http://dbcc.zimnox.com"][/url]
MIDN90
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 05:48
Quote: "You're a virgin, aren't you? Relatives don't count."

Cash was a virgin until he turned 5. He has never liked chimpanzees since then.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 05:51
I'm sure that whoever was first to spread AIDS is very offended by that, MIDN90.

On a side note, I wish that I could shower for a good two hours a day, every morning. It would make life so much better.

Sadly, I barely get 45 minutes a day without being late for school.

MIDN90
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 05:54
Quote: "I'm sure that whoever was first to spread AIDS is very offended by that, MIDN90."

Don't even get me started about his 7th birthday... He never saw that dominant male turkey coming.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 06:01
Hahaha. Wow, this is geek culture... and that joke was genuinely funny.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 13:13
I enjoy a good bath or shower, but I would be interested in purchasing a massive wind tunnel style blow dryer. Drying is the most tedious part. So perhaps a Rolls Royce jet engine mounted beneath the shower (I would obviously need a vented grate at the base), which I can switch on and get blown dry.

If offer 12 English pounds for such an invention.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 13:32
@ MIDN90: I think you should get at least a SLAP or a 1-hour ban. It's not a good idea to mock and crack jokes about HIV/AIDS; it is a very srious virus and can possibly wipe out the Earth's population. It is not a joke, so just stop it before I report you.

Ontopic, I think showering with clothes on is a nice idea; you could sleep while a waem mist hovers over you. Mmmmmmmm, mist.

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 13:56
Quote: "Mmmmmmmm, mist"

Mist.. gigety gigety oohrite.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 13:58
Gah, baths.... yuck. Washing yourself in your own smelly germs, sweat, pubic hair and other assorted gunk. Showering is far more hygenic.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 15:32
How about a machine that measures relevance, and turns your computer on for a given period of time each day, depending on how you use it? Like if you make intelligent, relevant, meaningful posts, you get more time. Likewise if you post silly things like.... Oh I don't know, maybe "I'm lazy as hell and I want to take a bath without soap and water, without taking off my clothes", then it takes time away. That would save time and be of great use to many.

If we could do that, perhaps we could somehow apply it to other problems as well, like traffic and public speaking.

Best.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 21:12
I think men should not have to spend more than 5 minutes on their hair, in total. If you spend more time in front of the mirror than your sister or your girlfriend, you have issues. Myself, I don't even brush my hair

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 22:01
I don't brush my hair either, it just fixes itself for me.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 22:19
I take showers and there's a 1/1,000,000,000,000 chance that I'll comb/brush my hair.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 22:33
I don't brush my hair. Well, not with a brush anyway. I usually run my fingers through my hair to make sure there's no knots in it after I've washed it.

Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 22:44
*opens thread for the first time*

umm... ok...

*closes thread slowly*

*runs*

-= Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals =-
mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "*opens thread for the first time*

umm... ok...

*closes thread slowly*

*runs*"

LOL

Actually I've been tossing around a few ideas. Tossing around!Har.Har

A clothes washing machine which is large enough for a full grown adult. Just erase the spin dry code sequence from the EEPROM, so you don't feel too dizzy at the end of it all. Once its done, remove your clothes which have also had a nice thorough washing.
Of course this is the water and soap solution.

Initially I thought of a thin latex suit similar to a contact lens that allows oxygen and other essential gases through and keeps the dirt out. Of course I'd have to first do a patent search and make sure Durex hadn't been to the patent office before me.
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 00:03
The materials that contact lenses are made of are not durable enough to be exposed to any rough impact or friction methinks.

mamaji4
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The materials that contact lenses are made of are not durable enough to be exposed to any rough impact or friction methinks."

I was thinking more along the lines of the material used by Durex, which is durable enough to be exposed to any rough impact or friction.
MIDN90
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 00:14
Quote: "@ MIDN90: I think you should get at least a SLAP or a 1-hour ban. It's not a good idea to mock and crack jokes about HIV/AIDS; it is a very srious virus and can possibly wipe out the Earth's population. It is not a joke, so just stop it before I report you."

Hey tough guy, you should have your arse banned for not knowing how to read. Where in any of my posts did I make any references to AIDS, or HIV? No where. Maybe next time you shouldn't jump to conclusions just because someone makes an assumption that I did (Xenocythe). I made a friendly joke reference to Cash, and somehow you felt it was important for yourself to get involved.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 00:48 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 00:48
Quote: "you should have your arse banned for not knowing how to read"

Excuse me? I do know how to read, I just didn't know uf you were being serious or not based on Xeno's post.

Quote: "felt it was important for yourself to get involved"

Again, it's not my fault I can't judge between a joke and seriousnes.

MIDN90
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 00:56
Quote: "Excuse me? I do know how to read, I just didn't know uf you were being serious or not based on Xeno's post."

Dude, nothing I posted had anything to do with Xeno's claim about AIDS... Get facts for yourself, not on what other people claim. You don't assume everything you hear/read is true right? Then apply that to this.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 01:47
Y'know, if you assume, you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'

I wish I had access to board 17.
MIDN90
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 01:52
Quote: "Y'know, if you assume, you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'"

I'm talking about Private here.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 02:10
But arnt you assuming that he assumed you were talking about things you shouldnt be?
Just kidding. On the topic, bathing with your clothes on takes all the fun out of it.

MIDN90
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 02:13
Quote: "But arnt you assuming that he assumed you were talking about things you shouldnt be?"

Don't try to make this difficult. Private immediately assumed I was talking about HIV/AIDs, when there was nothing I posted related to that. All he's trying to do, is pick a fight.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 02:33
Pick a fight? You've gotta be kidding me, pal. If I was trying to pick a fight, I'd be insulting you. I'm not. Let's just get this little squabble over with before the mod squad comes bashing in.

/thread

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 02:41 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 03:06
hehehehe, you two make me laugh, MIDN90, I was just messing around, dont read into it.

Maybe we can all go chill in the shower together, and have it be okay because we will all be fully clothed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 08:23:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 08:23:43