Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / A sporadic error when compiling DBP projects...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 00:19
I'm pretty sure this is a Vista/Win7 error; as it doesn't (I don't think) happen with my Laptop (Which is running running XP); but it might also been a Codesurge problem (My IDE of choice); so as I'm not sure I thought I'd post it here

It doesn't happen all the time, but as my current project is growing larger (currently aroun 3500 lines), it seems to be happening more and more often.

Has anyone else had this? does anyone know how to stop it from happening?

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 13:44
The executable you're attempting to compile is already in use. (For whatever reason) Either it hasn't shut down quickly enough from it's last execution, a virus scanner is checking it (as it's a newly created file a virus scanners do that) Or the compiler hasn't closed it fast enough for the linker to do it's job.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is way too awesome!
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 14:40 Edited at: 27th Jul 2009 14:42
It happens on the 1st compilation, so it can't be that the .exe is still open.

I doubt it would be the virus checker, as both pc's use AVG, but it could be I spose.

It maybe a compiler speed issue as its running on a 64bit os. But I noticed last night it stopped after I'd been working on the project for a few hours.

Thank you tho its more annoying than anything else.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 15:04
I also have the same issue with Copernic desktop search, not usually with .exe's though

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 16:38
Quote: "It happens on the 1st compilation, so it can't be that the .exe is still open. "

Erm, yes it could. It could be that the compiler is still compiling the exe when the linker tries to link it, therefore the file is still open.

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 18:12
@Mobiius:
Fair does, sorry I misunderstood.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2009 18:24
I too get this error sometimes when I compile twice in quick succession, or I'm still running the exe and try to compile it again.

But I've not had it in a while.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 09:07:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 09:07:37