Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X10] [Mystic Mod] [Competition Entry] F.C.S. Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 00:25 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 20:38
NOTICE - This is a heavy WIP and is not at its full potential right now. This is because I am currently doing GCSE exams so the exams are more important than this. I do try to fit this into my spare time too, and these images are what I have done for now.

Designed by: Harry Carling / SikaSina Games (Solo work)

Rated for:
-Realistic Violence
-Drug Reference
-Suggestive Themes
-Moderate Language
-Comical Shenanigans/Slapstick Humour

PLEASE NOTE - The storyline is a stub and only an outline of the game. I will finish after my exams.

2052. The confrontation still hangs tight between the Sixus and the Full Circle Government. Each faction holds their perks: The Sixus regiment consists of a large bipedal army, thrashing anything, or anyone, unlucky in their path; the Full Circle, however, harness the power of the Human Gene splicing genome used widely in 2038 but was brought to halt because of overdose and illegal trades. Yet the genome was released to the F.C.G. for research purposes only. The F.C.G. became almost ecstatic over their discovery and spread it around the region. This was when the genome was caught by a lurking Sixus, causing them to gain the powers. However, due to their different DNA structures and mechanical build, they began to break down, with their DNA replicating ferociously.

This didn't end the confrontation. The Sixus attacked the F.C.G. region in 2062, leaving a large wake of destruction. Although the result was drastic, the government quickly recovered, more powerful than before, with the F.C.S.: Full Circle Squadron. Their mission: figure out the Sixus' plans before their terminal strike in 2063. They have but 1 year to prevent the event and destroy the Sixus, but it won't be easy. With fortresses and defence barricades around the perimeter, it'll be a challenge even walking through the door if there was one.

Little do the F.C.S. now know that the 'game' will come full circle with them in the middle, left to fend for themselves. Until then, they must solve half of the puzzle before it's too late.

Screens (these are tech versions, so there are no enemies or AI for now):

I hope to continue this tomorrow and next week, as my next exam after tomorrow is not until Friday next week.

This is my first attempt at Sci-Fi for a long time, and I've put a lot of effort into the realism and design of the level. If this does not make it into the competition, it will still (hopefully) be continued.

And there will currently be no demo for a while unless I can get one done for the competition. Otherwise, I won't release one for a while because I want this to be the best I've done so far and not seem rushed like my other projects.

Contact Details:
MSN - harrycarling*at*hotmail.com
Email - kingharry.carling*at*virgin.net
Skype - harrycarling_sikasinagames

Amendments to make:
-Darker Lighting (PW Productions)
-More entities PW Productions)
-Ambience/Lighting trick (Bugsy)

-SSG

--=. ,=--
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:08
Darken your lights a LOT. That'll really help out your environments

Also, add more entities! Segments alone are bleh...

-PwP-

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:12
Hmm, I did think of the lights being a bit too bright, but I don't want this being a horror or a pitch-black game. I'll lower them a little and see what happens tomorrow. I'll have the whole week after tomorrow to work on this so I should be able to re-vamp it a bit more.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:34
Lower brighness lights do indeed give a horror theme look. However, you can prevent that by giving them larger ranges.

-PwP-

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 01:35
It looks nice.

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 03:32
make the lights very dark colours, almost black, and give them ranges of 500 average. these lights are providing ambience, and general room lighting colour. drag the brightness bar way up and make the range about 100, and place these lights on your lightsources.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 04:36
Looks good so far; and a great example of how a WIP should be laid out!

-Keith

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 18:55
Hah, thanks Keith, I got OCD-ish about it after reading the rules about WIP .

@PW,

Sure, I'll do that today hopefully .

@bugsy,

I'll try that too, I did have that in mind after reading PW's hints .

@Metal Devil123,

Thanks!

I plan to continue this today and next week whilst fitting in Music revision, but this'll be my top priority since I have the week off on Monday until Friday (Music exam) . Thanks for the C&C, I know this looks a little bland right now, but as I said, I've been managing this around my revision and exams too so it wasn't the best.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 04:41
Dark lights should have larger ranges while brighter lights should have smaller ranges. That'll get you the best lighting

-PwP-

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 11:52
Quote: "Music revision"

you picked music? So did I

I play drums What about you?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 19:51
Sorry for being away for a while, I thought I'd try my new Turtle Beaches on Xbox LIVE and then my PC. Awesome .

Quote: "you picked music? So did I

I play drums What about you?"

I use Cubase (Music Tech), play drums, piano and a little bit of acoustic guitar . And I'm not looking forward to my exam since it is gonna be hard "/...

Quote: "Dark lights should have larger ranges while brighter lights should have smaller ranges. That'll get you the best lighting"

Cool, I'll keep that in mind .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 21:44
Now... updates?

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 23:32
Sorry, my computer decided to throw a hissy fit a few days ago so I left it for a while. I'm still in the process of redoing the lights since everytime I differentiate the brightnesses, ranges etc., they still look crappy (I'm gonna add a blue tint for a little letaway ). I'm not sure if the competition's finished yet, either way I'll still continue this since this'll kick up my level design a notch for my main (hidden) project .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 23:55
What competition is this for? I haven't spotted competitions for a while...

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 00:03
The X10 Revival Competition . I'm not taking advantage of it's graphics, but redefining what X10 can really do .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 00:11
Oh! It must be in the x10 thread right? I almost never look there, 'cause I have no FPSC x10. but game looks cool and let's continue about it (the game).

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 01:14
Yeah it's in the X10 thread, but I'm not sure if it'll get in, considering the fact that I've waited 3 hours now and it's on light 236/249 now . Might have to tone the lighting quality down methinks.

I won't be online in the afternoon tomorrow since I'm having a little leaving/end of exams party with a few of my mates, but I'll see if I can get screens tomorrow morning. So basically:

THURSDAY 17th JUNE:
-Morning off
-Leaving party with mates at 3:15pm-9pm

FRIDAY 18th JUNE:
-Music Exam - 1:30pm-3pm

If this is finished for the competition in time, it'll be a Godsend, and cross fingers there's no errors.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 02:04
Quote: "If this is finished for the competition in time, it'll be a Godsend, and cross fingers there's no errors."

Crossing my fingers for you too. On your exams and the game! Hope you do well!

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 10:48
Thanks, it's only Music anyway, but I'm going to at least try since I picked it for A Levels/Sixth Form so I need a C or higher .

Back on topic, I'm currently in the process of redoing all the lighting since a lot of lights caused the game to load slooooooooooowwwwwwwlllllllyyyyy (took 3 hours to load yesterday), but it should hopefully be better than the old lighting . I'll get some screens in a bit hopefully.

-SSG

--=. ,=--
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 13:58
Quote: "Thanks, it's only Music anyway, but I'm going to at least try since I picked it for A Levels/Sixth Form so I need a C or higher"

Yes. Music is the one of the things I am good at too.

Quote: "Back on topic, I'm currently in the process of redoing all the lighting since a lot of lights caused the game to load slooooooooooowwwwwwwlllllllyyyyy (took 3 hours to load yesterday), but it should hopefully be better than the old lighting"

I don't personally use the many lights system (well, I have used it on bigger lights [more than 500 or so]), but I use very dark colours and get pretty good results in my opinion.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 21:30 Edited at: 21st Jun 2010 21:31
I'm afraid that this won't be entered for the Revival Competition because I haven't had time on my side, so my exams and work have taken that time away . I'm still working on this though, but I don't want to release some screens yet, but the next ones will have no lighting since I'm working on the level design first .

Can I kindly ask a mod to change the title to " [X10] [Mystic Mod] F.C.S. Beta please?

-SSG

--=. ,=--

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:06:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:06:28