Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Darknet router connection help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 13:35
Hi guys,
i'm working in the web process of my engine to connect to many kinds of computers and conditions. I got the following problem.

When trying to connect or host games from a computer that has a modem that gives Internet to the computer. It doesn't connects.

the modem has the local IP 192.168.1.1 and the computer has the local IP 192.168.1.2

port forwarding and upnp are not enabled and cannot be enabled

I think Darknet automatically tries to connects to the former (192.168.1.1), I could be wrong...

Is there a way that Darknet could connect to the computer in the later IP(192.168.1.2) with the conditions i specified above through external connection (accessing from internet), supposing client or server can retrieve their local IP and access trhough the modem?

I have tried many times without success, however I have made a short code in DBPRO commands that connect successfully. It appears that DBPRO is doing this automatically and knows that the computer is in the second IP (192.168.1.2)(I dont how how).

Can anyone help me plz with this problem?

Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:17:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:17:27