Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [Problem] Advanced Sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 02:02
I'm having a problem with advanced sprites' pack render. Or, should I say, the poor translation of said plug-in's manual. I can't understand how to use the pack render. I mean, not even beginning to understand. If anyone knows how(I know Ashingda uses this plug-in), help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amo.
Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 20:35 Edited at: 25th Jul 2011 20:38
Sorry for the double post, but *bump*.

Also, I forgot to mention, this plug-in is no longer updated, and the creator is A) French(Not saying it's because he's French, just that the communication barrier would still be there.), B) Does not respond to E-Mail, and C) Is no longer on the forums. So, that's why I'm asking here.

Anyway, I do have new info on my problem. I've been testing the pack render function, and I've gotten it to work with a single image in the pack, though having more than 1 causes errors. In my case, the error is that only one image will load from the pack. And, no the sprites do not overlap each other, so it's not a Z depth issue. I've even messed with the Z depth to no avail! I've tried a little of everything from this plug-in's commands, and this is the only command I'm having issues with this.

The reason I really need help with this, is because this code right here:

Would then become this:

As you can see, if you are rendering a lot of sprites, the code below is way less bulky.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Amo.
Max P
Years of Service
User Offline
This works fine for me:

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 22:04
I figured it out. I was scaling the sprites at the wrong time, and it was causing some to disappear. I shuffled some commands, and voila... It now works fine. Sorry, for wasting your time Max.

And, Ashingda, when or if you read this, sorry for wasting your time, too. I finally came across a topic where you go over the plug-in in more depth.

I was using the thread subject search. Then, when I decided to use the Google forum search, I found that tut. Thanks, Ashingda.
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Good job on figuring it out . Something useful I learned while using the plugin is that it's very convenient to use an array instead of single variables as sprite pointers when using a pack render.

Non Sequitur M
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 07:19
Hmm... Didn't think of that! Thanks, man.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 19:50:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 19:50:08