Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2012 13:34 Edited at: 19th Mar 2012 13:35

I have made 1 error in shader. Now checklist quantity is always 2! Empty checklist seems to be not working OR I am doing it wrong?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2012 15:29
1. Fill the checklist
2. Print the checklist quantity
3. Clear the checklist
4. Go back up to the top (and fill the checklist again)

You are ALWAYS filling the checklist before you display the quantity, so it's always going to be non-zero if there were errors.

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2012 15:40 Edited at: 19th Mar 2012 15:41
Here is my actions:
1. load/set effect -> no errors
2. edit fx file in notepad -> make a typo -> save
3. delete/load/set effect -> error shown
4. edit fx file in notepad -> fix that typo -> save
3. delete/load/set effect -> old error shown as it is still present
4. FFFUUUUUUU
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 07:48 Edited at: 21st Mar 2012 07:48
*bump*

So how does "empty checklist" works? My experince is that it doesn't work.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 08:56 Edited at: 21st Mar 2012 08:58
based on the info in your 2nd post, your first post should have read different, Ians answer was accurate based on what you provided and asked, think your second point "4" is a wee bit strong though.. hardly surprising you had to bump..

To succesfully remove an effect from render you need to retexture the object after youve used the set shading off command, otherwise set shading off doesnt affect the objects use of the shader when the frame is rendered, what goes on internally I aint got a clue, but I suspect there is a chance the checklist info is from vram which might show previous effect data, my thinking being that if the render isnt updated then neither is the effect data..
I just did a quick test and this does appear to be the case, but I found that when retexturing not to use the stage number for stage 0 otherwise it doesnt work; just use texture object as is for that stage, maybe has something to do with the root limb, idk, Ive often found different results from using and not using stage 0 flag with multi texture stages, has varied with different media ie model, fx, texture format

got no idea if your doing that already as your 2nd post had no code
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 10:21 Edited at: 21st Mar 2012 10:22
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 20:39
Quote: "set shading off f <- it doesn't help"

use this instead: texture object f,0 (or 1 if it doesn't work with 0)

James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 23:22
yeap its as brendy says, I forgot that set shading off relates more to other appearance commands, but then I did intend for you to retexture after using it regardless - that was the point i was making, not use it on its own. I just tested it and there is no change in the checklist results anyway. I did some further testing which shows thinking is along right lines, just nothing to do with the render side at all;

Now this works.
Without changing display mode the data from previous checklist remains unless new errors are present, where the data is stored isnt updated when errors are no longer present - you can test this by using any fx/dbs shader:
rem out display mode command and run prog, then create an error in the file and press return, then fix the error and create a different error in the file and press return, you will see 3 different results
Without the display mode command, error data does not update when fixed at runtime but does update if new errors are present.
Without the empty checklist command, error data does not get updated at all even if there are new errors and even if you change display mode.
So is it a bug? Looks like it, you might wanna draw up a bug report with these findings, empty checklist does not affect the checklist unless new errors occur or if the display mode is changed
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 23:32
Thanks! I should make a bug report.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 13:57:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 13:57:16