Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Cannot use my levels

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 23:31 Edited at: 26th Jul 2012 23:47
This is a strange quirk which I'm sure is just a small user error on my part, but it bugs the heck out of me. I cannot make my own level with fpsc. It simply breaks on test game. 1 fps, logic fills up, and it crashes. However if I load a map created by someone else, for instance the warehouse map from the multiplayer competition, it works. Is there an explanation for this?

EDIT: I am using 1.19
I also just testing a multiplayer level, on a whim, from scratch. It worked. It is only single player levels that crash

EDIT 2: Now that multiplayer level is not working. this is strange

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 21:41
Are you using custom meadia?

Try building a level with just a floor, test it if it works add light maping, test it if it works add AI, test it if it works add more. Basicly until you find whats bogging/chrashing the level.

If this is done, I would run the cleaner tool and if still have trouble, Back up your FPSC folder, uninstall and reinstall and patch with V1.19
if you still have trouble go back to v1.18.

PAIN

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 21:47
This happens if I put the basic ground segment in and hit test. It is not a specific type of media that is crashing it. Something with fpsc, possibly my settings, is messed up but I wouldn't know where to begin looking for this type of error.

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 21:53
then I would recomend reloading FPSc. Start Fresh.

PAIN

Me = noob

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 21:54
Woops I should have added that. I have tried that 3 times, including once from the disk. No luck.

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 21:55
Try going back one version? to V1.18?

PAIN

Me = noob

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 22:50
That version is when this issue began. I have tried v1.17 again however and it also failed. It seems to be relative to my computer now. And something not removed or replaced when fpsc is uninstalled/installed.

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 22:55
try unininstalling. MOVE the entire left over files someplace else on the Hard drive then reinstall and try it.

Me = noob

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 23:10
That is a good idea. I'll probably do that tomorrow as today I am busy working. Then I'll update and let you guys know what happens. Thanks Pain. Hopefully that helps narrow down the issue.

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 02:30
Apologies for the double post/bump, but I have an update to the issue. I found the time to attempt an uninstall and backup of fpsc and its files. Upon using the uninstall function in the control panel, the InstallShield Wizard application failed. I can't uninstall FPSC

kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 03:35
almost the same thing happens to me but only multiplayer wont built.

A lot of my FPSC media can be found here. Hope you guys stop in. http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 05:55
I can now no longer see the grid in the level editor...

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 13:49
use fpsc-cleaner, then rightclick c-drive and clean your temp, then restart your computer. should work then. cleaning the temp this way once a week is not the badest idea, even with win7.

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2012 23:48
I know this is a huge bump, but with Reloaded creating a lot of hub and my time freeing up, I would love to get this working so I can work on more media, maybe even a community pack. I am still having the same issues, I've tried fresh installs, updates, the latest beta, going back to old versions, nothing seems to work. I am running an HP laptop with intel integrated graphics. I know its not a great gaming rig but if it can run steam games on low, it should be able to run a simple fpsc game to test a model. If anyone has any additional suggests I would really appreciate it.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2012 02:04 Edited at: 9th Nov 2012 02:08
Have you tried re-installing Direct x ?
Use an uninstaller like Revo this removes everything including all registry entries, then re-install, the demo should do the trick for now.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Be sure to install the same FPSC version you designed with, compatibility has not been great recently between versions.

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2012 20:08 Edited at: 12th Nov 2012 00:30
Already done rolfy, although I haven't tried re-installing direct X which I will next. Does anyone else have any additional suggestions?

EDIT: I just built a 3x3 square and tested it in multiplayer, and it worked. Tried the same level in single player and the test game launcher failed. Built one from scratch, tested in single player and it launched, but stayed at 2 fps then crashed. Its a runtime error. I switched it to multiplayer and it worked. This is odd, odd indeed.

EDIT 2: fpsc map editor now crashes when I click "add an entity" in the entity tab.

Your signature has been erased by a mod, please reduce it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 00:46
You know, sometimes I actually like windows 7
I right clicked on the application, and clicked "troubleshoot compatibility". It gave an option to make compatible with SP2, and after using that it works like a charm, 67 fps on v1.20.004 Why I didn't try that earlier... well I just don't know. Thanks for all the help guys, you probably still helped me solve problems I didn't know where there. A mod can close this now. (and sorry for the double post, but this was an update inappropriate for an edit imo.)

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 17:49
just also wondering, have you tried launching the FPSC without compat mode for xp sp2... launch as administrator?

PAIN!

Me = noob

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 18:00
I tried launching as an administrator and that had no affect (that was before trying the compatibility). Is that what you were asking?

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2012 22:21
yes, strange tho I have windows 7 64bit and I've never had to run it in compatibility mode. Nor as admin. I do how ever have the UAC disabled.

Im glad you were able to fix it back to game making for you good sir.

PAIN!

Me = noob

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2012 04:30
The issue seems to have randomly reappeared. This is beginning to highly frustrate me. Would anyone happen to have any further suggestions?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:32:06