Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Really annoyed by this... Android Sync Options... [Android 4.0.4 - SGSII]

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 11:36 Edited at: 9th Nov 2012 19:04
I do not normally post about simple teh related stuff, but this has me baffled, as NO INFORMATION is seamingly available for it... and the Android.com website is completely hopeless...

the issue in question is...

can someone please explain what SERVER is?

it can be found in, Settings>Accounts and Sync>Add Account>

After clicking on it you get... Sync Account>Server on its own... and when you go inside it...

you get...

Profile Name:-
Sync Category:
-Contacts
-Calendar
-Memo
[All with Database name]
Sync type:-
Sync server:
-Address
-Login ID
-Password

but whenever I try to find anything about this I find nothing, just a bunch of EMAIL related links...

I would like to find out whether I have the ability to utilise this option or not...

From what I can see it appears as though it is linking to a database, of sorts but I do not know which kind... there is nothing on this...

Any help greatly appreciated...

I can not wait to grab me a Win8 Tablet... bye bye silly little phones...

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 13:23 Edited at: 24th Aug 2012 13:40
I believe that it's possible to sync Google Apps with your own server (contacts, calendars, memos and the like).

I'm not sure how to acquire it though - I did find a article on integrating it with MS Exchange if that helps :p

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 13:52
I figured that bit out already, but WHAT server...

thanks though

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 14:00
I think that each one is based on open standards? For example the calendar can be synced with any server which supports CalDAV.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 15:57
Can't you help you MrValentine, I don't do any sort of syncing on my Android devices. I only use them for testing and playing games.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 16:29 Edited at: 28th Aug 2012 08:50
thanks for checking I mean I am not really bothered about it, but then it annoyed me for a while this morning as I did a format and never saw it until I did... I did the firmware upgrade a few months and knew that I would have been best factory resetting at the time to get the benefit of the upgrade and not have all the snagging... so I advise you to format after doing an upgrade of the OS otherwise it pretty much sucks...

I just need to know what type of server it is looking for... kind of daft that there is no documentation on it... and if there is... not very easy to find...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 20:24:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 20:24:41