Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / To LeeBamber, DBPro question's.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 09:51
First awesome you are heading forward with the projects.

So now that reloaded is a go, Where does DBPro go from here? I am sure some like my self are wondering. I know in one thread, You talked about completing u77. What can we expect to be fix, And or updated. If there is anything else needed to be updated.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 13:06
Well as you know FPSC V1 was written in Dark Basic Pro, and Reloaded will use the same programming language to extend this product. One of my first tasks will be to ensure that the DBP compiler runs as efficiently as possible (so I can get more compiles done per day) and that I have all the modules I need working at their best. Off the top of my head, I will be visiting DarkAI and DarkPHYSICS, looking at some aggressive shader work, Windows 8 desktop compatibility and pretty much all the ingredients that will produce a solid modern Windows product. I will be looking at the latest beta in January with a view to finishing off and releasing that officially with most of the top twenty items on the community list fixed.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 15:16 Edited at: 7th Dec 2012 15:16
Wait, DarkPHYSICS, as in DarkPHYSICS 1.0? as in not DarkDynamix?
If so, I shall buy you some beers

Also, do you intend to implement Multicore DBP Compiling?

And an update to DarkAI would hopefully add more features like that polygonal mapping thing?

Thank you lee, looking forward to the updates, I want DBP to thrive once more!

I have a game in the works for the ADG Comp. So stay tuned

Quote: "looking at some aggressive shader work, Windows 8 desktop compatibility and pretty much all the ingredients that will produce a solid modern Windows product. "

Please implement a pre-designed Lock Screen fix, I thought DBP was supposed to be easy ^^ I love a challenge but that part is killing me... willing to pay for a plugin of course [You did say a Solid Modern Windows Product ]

Win8 Compatibility, much welcomed, as is the shader improvements

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2012 02:06
Thanks for the reply cant wait to see where dbpro goes.

DarkAI will be the big one for me as i use it alot.

======================================
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2012 01:20 Edited at: 9th Dec 2012 01:21
@LeeBamber

If You are working with a compiler, is there a chance that exe properties bug will be fixed?

It's kind of annoying that I had to put apps versions into the filenames to manage them.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2012 19:23 Edited at: 9th Dec 2012 19:25
@ LeeBamber,

Soulds like the (later to be DBE?) next version of DBPro will be compatible with (revised?) versions of all the favourite plugins?

[edit]

He says, desparately trying to balance a desire for a solid next product with a desire for what amounts to feature creep....

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:22:06