Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Advanced and Blitz Terrain : Light / Ambient issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 02:01 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 02:01
Been trying to darken my terrain lighting for a while, just cant get it to work. Searched for info on it but no luck. I have both versions AT and BT coded but cant seem to get either to work.

The other ojects are effected by ambient light except for terrains. I am aware that the terrain objects can use DBPro's object commands as well but it isn't doing anything.

Perhaps I'm missing some simple steps or using the wrong method or if there's a shader that I should be using. I was thinking of other solutions such as manually darkening my terrain texture or something but surely there's a better way.

ScreenShot: Ambient set to zero, terrain is uneffected.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 13:19
try
bt setterraindetailblendmode terrainID, 4

that should react to light and ambience

I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are just missing.
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2013 21:34 Edited at: 1st Feb 2013 21:37
@Kezzla
Ok tried that, the terrain just get permanently darker by 50% and I'm not able to adjusted it.

[edit]
I've also tried all the other blendmodes 1 through 26.

ScreenShot: Ambient set to 100, now it's the other way around.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:50:31
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:50:31