Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Unified Dynamic Lighting (V120)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2013 17:53
All

I've just spent some time updating the latest and greatest FPSC shaders for segments, entities and characters to support full dynamic lighting.

What you really want is the ability to paint your levels with bump maps, specular maps, illumination maps etc and have all of these lit consistently with static lightmaps and dynamic lighting effects.

It really adds some polish to your graphics when all of the lighting is unified and will be particuarly good for anyone working on a horror themed game where you want to use dark areas and flashlights to create a scary atmosphere but it makes things better for any game.

The best way to demonstrate this is with a video so I've made a small example map which shows this in real time.

HD YouTube Video

Here is a few screenshots showing unified dynamic lighting. I am also using a Bloom with SSAA post process shader.

I've been testing this with V120 BETA 17A and everything has been working really well there so thanks to S4real and the team for delivering a really solid update.

I believe the dynamic lighting support was added into the source by Bond1 in v119 but I had too many issues using that version to make a game.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2013 18:20
That is very nice, Great work. Will you be releasing this shader to the forum?

Belacios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2013 21:24
You are a legend Nomad!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/sem-sada-no-way-out
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2013 23:21
Looks amazing Nomad Soul..

See, who needs RELOADED.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2013 00:30
Am I really seeing this? This would be awesome for my game. I was always a little disappointed that the FPSC flashlight didn't work with shaders. I desperately would want this shader for my game as the atmosphere (and visuals) would be juiced up so amazingly. Some questions

-Does it have an impact on performance? (more than say, any other common shader?)

-Is it the same shader for everything?

-Are you going to be releasing it?

Thanks,
Burger

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2013 00:46
Terrific, looks great Nomad Soul.
Cant wait to see more.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Nomad Soul :- This is very nice work and looking very good glad the latest version is stable for you to work with, a lot of time gone into it to make it stable as can be.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2013 20:50 Edited at: 13th Sep 2013 20:51
Quote: "That is very nice, Great work. Will you be releasing this shader to the forum?"

I hope to release this to the forum but I might need to change some of the shaders due to some legal stuff.

Quote: "Does it have an impact on performance? (more than say, any other common shader?)"

The overall performance for me is very good. You will need to have a shader model 3 graphics card though.

Quote: "Is it the same shader for everything?"

No. There are some shaders which use lightmaps (segments / static entities), others which only use dynamic light sources and the character one requires skinning. I think there are 5 shaders in all.

Quote: "Are you going to be releasing it?"

2 of the shaders are from model packs which Bond1 has released so I will need to get permission to distribute those. If not I will look at using some alternatives which can be freely distributed.

Quote: "This is very nice work and looking very good glad the latest version is stable for you to work with, a lot of time gone into it to make it stable as can be."

v120 17A is a great build, especially with the unofficial updates you have provided recently so thanks for your continued support.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 08:02:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 08:02:19