Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Pascal / general Q&A's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 11:23
personally I have only one for now:
• can I code for Linux with AppGameKit Pascal?

error #1:
"too many stars, too many stares. disembody."
WIP: MIND!! | free fonts for your AGKs
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 12:27
In theory, yes - using FPC and Lazarus - but it would need quite a bit of setup to do it. Might be a very good thing to do, though. Nice idea.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 10:30
JimHawkins, what is FPC? and how much this a "bit of setup"?

error #1:
The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 12:45
Scary

FPC is Free Pascal Compiler which ships with Lazarus! It is available for linux so that part is quite straight forward.

As OXS (mac is a linux build) it theoretically should be possible however to date I do not think AppGameKit libraries have been coded for Linux which is a crying shame IMHO!

If TGC were to provide GNU libraries then this would be easy to do but alas for some unknown reason, they have insisted on using Microsoft. Although VC++ has many good features, so too does GNU C++, and allows AppGameKit coders to use an IDE of choice (codeblocks, notepad++, netbeans, codegear etc). Of course it is possible to use the Microsoft compiler with these they usually ship with GNU!

I suspect they felt that if it was written in Microsoft and used this tool chain it may be taken more serious industry wise...most unfortunate in my opinion....I could imagine using CodeBlocks would allow, in an ideal world, users to develop in both Tier 1 and Tier 2 simultaneously if wanted...just a thought.

Come on TGC....lets have some GNU C++ libraries....pretty please x x

www.bitmanip.com
All the juicy you could ever dream of!
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 13:28
...and so short answer is no, it is not possible now.

The Daddy, maybe we need write some petition or start crowdfunding campaign.

Quote: "Of course it is possible to use the Microsoft compiler with these they usually ship with GNU!"
or LLVM Clang.

error #1:
LittlePIC
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I'll break out what might seem a simple question for you Pascal guru's

Can I create a app with forms,controls,etc and run this on iOS,Android and have it displayed the same as in Windows/Mac? Can I 'link' the Agk.dll and use all of its commands within the same project?

I guess to simplify, I'm looking for a quick creation of a GUI app and would like to also include the functionality of AGK

I've downloaded Lazarus and AGKPAS files,setup and can run the examples fine from within Windows. Now looking for the 'next part' as above.

I've tried the window form examples/templates as posted else where but get compiling errors

Is there an example template for the above else where?

Many thanks in advance

LittlePIC
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 14:19
Quote: "I do not think AppGameKit libraries have been coded for Linux"
I remembered that «Android is an operating system based on the Linux kernel» (Wikipedia). what do you think?

error #1:
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 19:25
LittlePIC, just to add my "me too" to your question, I too would like to see a well behaved example of a Pascal application using a Form and interface based framework. It would be great just for windows applications and a bonus if it compiles over multiple platforms. I am asking a similar question with my TPanel hosted AppGameKit question in this forum.

Keith
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2014 09:38
The trouble is that TForm is not cross-platform. That's why Delphi has Firemonkey. I'll take a look at FMX source and see what an FMXForm actually is.

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:25:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:25:27