Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / DBP Anvanced Animation plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 09:04 Edited at: 13th Aug 2005 09:29
Advanced animation plugin for Dark Basic Pro is released.

DBP Advanced Animation plugin (AA) support all of the modern boned animation tecnics. For example:

- Loading animation sequences separately from model.
- AA can perform animation blending. This means that you can execute multiple animations at the same time and AA will blend them together smoothly.
- With AA you can make smooth transition from one animation to another.
- With a little work, you can fully manipulate the individual parts of your characters. This is useful when you want to create truly dynamic motion at runtime without the aid of predefined animations. For instance, if you wanted your character's head to turn as a car goes past him, you could control the head's rotation directly to keep facing the moving car.

Over 84 new powerfull commands!
Simple for understand and coding!

Features:

- Load unlimited animation sequences
- Unlimited animation layers
- Management of set of layers
- Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete layers
- Layers blending
- Animation transitions
- Play speed control
- Direct access to bones
- Custom keyframes
- Milkshape export plugin
- Advanced stringset functions
- Set of additional functions

- and much more...

http://www.accode.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sharle Morlon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 21:41
Just downloaded a plugin. It really cool!!! I write the RPG game, and now this plugin my new love! Standart DBP 3D animation commands is not so usefull as this plugin! Good work!
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 14:25 Edited at: 12th Aug 2005 14:51
Wow...sounds incredible !...having a look now !

[EDIT]
Just played with the demo....that is very impressive !
Well done, another good product from you.

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 16:41 Edited at: 12th Aug 2005 16:53
Very good work! It definitely puts my plugin to shame.

BTW, You might want to cut back the price tag on the full version. Nobody I know would ever pay $20-30 for a plugin, no matter how good it is. Milkshape itself is $20, and DBP is $60+. Paying half of what DB costs for a plugin just doesn't seem right. I don't suggest you make it free, as you put in alot of effort. Maybe $5-8 would be more fair, with $15 for the pro version.

|G|A|M|E|S|
My Anti-Drug
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 02:45
Looks cool. If it will do all of that I may buy it when I get to that point in my game, though I think a $15/$25 price setup would sell alot more.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 06:06
Yes that is really cool. If one of my projects ever requires 3D animation (it may in the future) I will have to take a serious look at your plugin again, with wallet in hand. Is there a way you can supply the source .dba file to your demo, so we can see how easy it is to use your plugin? (i.e. what commands there are and how many, how complicated is it to transition between animations, etc.)

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Good news! Visit http://www.accode.com
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 11:44
Thats great news. I will be buying the $25 version soon hopefully

jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 18:31 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 18:36
So In game I would I be able to for instance have the top 1/2 of the body using frames 1-100 and bottom 1/2 using frames 101-200?

Edit: Oh it can! This looks very useful, I may make a purchase!

Tinnedhead Productions

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 19:27 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 19:30
If possible, can someone make a "showcase" type demo? One of the few things stopping me from trying out several ideas was not being able to "combine" sets of animations, like a waving animation, and a walking animation to make a waving, walking man.

Also - the animation blending (from "walk" to "run", for example) - does that operate in a framerate-independant way?

Another question - does this plugin bring us any closer to being able to "map" animations from a skeleton onto multiple models? If I have 10 human models, I don't want to have to re-animate each and everyone in the same way. I want to "paste" my animations onto another model. Is this possible?

If the answer to these questions are yes, then it's $25 well spent for anyone looking to make a complex, animation rich game.

New 'n' Improved sig details how little I accomplish
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 05:31
Monster, can you provide a source code file of the demo, or a command listing (with descriptions/documentation) so that we know the details of what the plugin provides? I'd like to see how easy it is to perform these animations (no doubt much easier than raw DBPro, but would like to see nonetheless).

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 08:15
that's awesome! i was just thinking the other day that DBP needs something like this!

will there be a way to upgrade from the cheaper one to the pro version?

I will most likely be buying this later after i'm done designing my game

"people who wear clothing with tech themes for the purpose of gaining a social label are no different than teenagers who wear large sweatpants to look edgy"
-Wikipedia "Nerd"
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 12:53
Quote: "Yes"

lol - very concise. A man of few words. OK, in the next few days I'll buy the pro version and see what I can come up with.

Quote: "will there be a way to upgrade from the cheaper one to the pro version?"

Why on earth would you want to do that? Just buy the pro version - hell, I might not even use it and I'm gonna bag it.

sigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Any chance of an other payment method. The actual payment page
doesn`t accept my email address. Maybe PayPal or ShareIt ?

P4 2G 512Ram/ Ati 9500 Pro/ WinXP Home SP2
sigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Any chance for another payment method, because the payment site
don`t accept my email address. Maybe PayPal or ShareIt ?

P4 2G 512Ram/ Ati 9500 Pro/ WinXP Home SP2
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 21:16
@ Monster,

If I had two .dbo human 3d objects with the same limb structure but neither had any frames of animation could I append the second to the first and so on to make the one animated object? cant do it in DBPro coz it wont allow you to append animation data from an object with no frames of animation (for obvious reasons) - or is there 'another way'?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Duffer...
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 21:22
@ Monster,

Also, lets say I have the same 3d human object and move a leg and an arm and so on - notwithstanding that the original object had no object frames per ce could I still then capture the object's new stance as a new keyframe ie. add frames to a 3d object which didnt have frames in first place?
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
2 sigi

There is no PayPal or ShareIt at this time.

2 Differ

You can load any .dbo or .x model with skeleton but without animation, and then apply different animations, exported via plugin, to model. You can add, mix, cut, copy, paste, delete, set speed and direction, etc loaded animation sequences.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 15:30
@ Monster,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Unfortunately I have DBO objects with limbs but no actual skeleton and no frames- if I move the limbs, can I capture the new stance as a new frame (ie DBO object then with frames?)?

Also, if I have my two DBO objects with limbs (ie Man_Walk_stage_01.dbo, Man_Walk_stage_02.dbo etc) but no frames and no skeleton? can I combine with your software into a single dbo with animation? is there any way? would it help to post the dbos (or at least two of them) to assist?

thanks,

Duffer.
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Pro version supports custom keyframes for skeleton. Only skined meshes are suported via plugin. Just apply skeleton to any 3D model(character,car,door,etc).

There is no way to combine different .dbo objects into animation sequence.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2005 19:36
@ Monster,

Thanks for the response. But if I had a no-frames dbo object w/o skeleton but with groups / limbs and put it into another stance could I then capture a keyframe? - effectively adding a first frame? (forgive my ignorance here...)
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
No. Only skined meshes with bones.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 00:28
@ Monster - thanks , will consider ordering anyway - have looked at the demo - looks excellent - quite fun to make the model run and then kick - does a lame kick before the proper one...
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Little sample:

FXTC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 22:16
wow 84 powerfull commands - nice works
have list of commands in little version and in pro version?

AMD 2,4 512MB RAM,2x200GB hdd,GforceFX5700GT128MB
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 21:39
@ Monster - yeah, list of command set in lite and pro versions would be a suitable tempter... also, do you provide any royalty free models or anims with either lite or pro?
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2005 21:48
@ Monster.... ?
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 19:58
Hey Monster, I've got a little question, if I used this animation plugin, would I still be able to feedback limb collision data for an RPG style real time combat engine?

Tinnedhead Productions

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 22:26 Edited at: 11th Sep 2005 23:41
How does it handle with animating more than one object on screen? Say 10 or 20 odd objects?

btw I would recommend getting a better payment system, cyberplatpay is just infuriating. There website is a joke, half the registration and login functions seem to be broke. Its the only reason I didnt buy it at all, its insanity
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
You can animate so much objects, how much you want. All depends on productivity of your computer. For example render one model of the person in our demo occupies more than calculation of its animation.
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 09:08
That made less sense than sense less made that. But I think you're saying that the speed depends on... No, I haven't a clue what you're saying.

You are not alone.
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
I speak, that a plug-in very fast. You can without problems animate 200-300 objects of different complexity.
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 15:20
@ Monster,

slightly off topic - but does you bvh converter standalone program convert poser 3 (as opposed to poser 4/5) bvh files? and what does it convert them into? does it convert them in to .3ds files or .max files or .obj files? please clarify
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
BVH converter can convert only from Poser 4 or 5 to 3DSMax biped animation. Converted files can be loaded only in 3DSMax and then exported in any of Max supported formats.

P.S.
All off topic questions you can ask at support@accode.com
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2005 06:16
Finally managed to buy it. Its fantastic! Makes getting animations to work in dbpro so much better. I really didn't like making 500 frame animations cause dbpro couldnt support appending objects. And the smooth transitions are awesome.
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 23:44
Quick lil question, would it be possible to use this in the Dark SDK?

[center]K-OS Battlefields
IS
///---///---///---UNDER CONSTRUCTION---\\\---\\\---\\\
[center]
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 10:29 Edited at: 29th Sep 2005 10:31
The Dark SDK version of the Advanced Animation plugin now in development. Probably it will be accessible in a month.

Also the plug-in for 3DSMax in the near future will appear. All who bought DBP AA will receive links for downloading.
Jonny Ree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 23:53
this is actually what I've been waiting for.
I'm gonna keep my eye on the SDK version

Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 00:13
..nice. Keeping eye on SDK version also

Cheers.
x1b
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That made less sense than sense less made that. But I think you're saying that the speed depends on... No, I haven't a clue what you're saying.
"

ROFL!

You owe me a beer,Aura. Made me spew mine while reading that.

- This message is made of 100% recycled bits and bytes
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 21:11
@Monster,

will this now work with u.5.9 b3?????
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 00:45
@ Monster,

???
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, it will.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 15:42
Monster, man of few words, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. THANK YOU!!! Very rarely do I see something I'm so impressed with I immediately whip out the credit card and buy it. This was on of those cases.

Everyone! Download and be impressed!

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 18:34
If someone can demonstrate to me that you can have two different models (i.e. models with different vertex counts/textures) but have both models using the same animation skeleton, then I'll buy it as soon as I can. Although Monster did answer my question previously, I'd like to see how it's done in code / modelling etc...

I think because I don't know how the plugin works, I'm a little bit apprehensive about buying the plugin...

Would I be right in thinking that in order to use the same skeleton across different models, the skeleton bones have to be named identically? I don't understand how you can animate several models, with different vertex numbers (and therefore different bone assignments)...

If anyone can make a little application, or even video if you don't want to give away the models/textures, then please do so. Imagine how popular this plugin would become if we only had a full showcase!

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 03:41
Yes it can be used in that way. I'l try and make an example though it may take a bit ,rigging models is a pain , think thats prolly the reason there isn't a big showcase yet
Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 22:20
Man, this plugin is awesome.

"Finding time for the dentist isn't always easy,
especially for me: a hard working career tooth." - Heather Griswold
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 20:48
I agree with adr the usage of this dll is a bit vague to say the least.A short video on how its actually used would prove useful to potential purchasers and the vendor,the demo shows nothing on its use.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 01:02:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 01:02:44