Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Gsupport is back!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 00:31 Edited at: 13th Aug 2006 10:38
Gsupport v1.2

Update log

Screen Shots

What is Gsupport?
Gsupport is a download and upload application for people who make things that go towards games e.g. models, sounds.

Team Support (Beta)
currenly made into the Gsupport system there is somthing called team support it allows teams to upload and download files to each other only. this is very helpfull for those people who have large teams and need to see what people have currenly done and how close you are to complection.

Coming soon
1. Team support will have it own application which will come with gsupport this will have a better lay out and allow you to have your own space also your own news page.

2. a new viwer is being made to allow info about the file to be posted.

3. a dbpro system to allow files to be auto checked and placed into the right download files this will make uploading faster.

4. a chat room added into the team (for team members) and a plubic one for anyone to chat to anyone else who is online

5. make the GUI more user friendly insted of auto uploaded it will check if there are files in that folder then ask you if you would like to upload them at that time.

Download
press click on the link below to download!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=959407

Thanks for useing Gsupport

Warship45

a faster upload and download server will be got if i get more people using the application.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

Login to view attachments
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 03:34 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 03:37
yay!

I tried it and whenever I chose one of the types of media, it just goes blank and doesn't do anything. Is this my fault or has no one uploaded anything?

Edit: oh, I found a grass texture. I guess it doesn't have any uploads yet. I added a car model I made. Its not very good though.

Suggestions: (You may already be doing these, but you might not, so here are some I thought of
*Use the mouse instead of the keys to navigate
*Use bluegui as the gui. It would look best with a windows style.
*If there aren't any uploads in a certain section, say so. Say something like "None found" or something.
*Its "upload" not "uploade". The folder is mispelled.
*Have the abillity to go back to the menu after you visit a certain section

This can have tons of potential! Good job!

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 10:55 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 18:52
ok yes when it is blank there is no media in it, if you are in a section just press esc to go back to the main menu at hte moment. the resion i did not use gui is because it got into a twist when i kept adding and removeing it stuff it did not work very well i think i will keep this sort of menu setup for now however i may change it i am not sure yet.

thanks for the comments and your modle is now added!!

edit: GUI system useign blue GUI is now up and running you were right it does look a lot better than the one i had before so there you do there is a version 0.5 readly for download see what you think!!

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 14:04 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 22:09
version 0.5 how to use!!!

to upload files you dump them into the upload folder and run gsupport!

to download file select the one from the list that you want press download once then continue to look around.

when starting the program you will see a small bar at the bttom a progress bar once that has been complely filled up then the programe is readly for you to do things with so please jsut wait at the start i am not sure how long it will take on diffrent pc's so if you want to post how long it takes i willbe happy to see low start rates.

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
looks great, but where's the new download? The one in the first post downloads the first version.

Looks really cool now. I don't understand why you aren't getting any more comments. This is great!

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 16:31 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 18:50
i dont know why but i cant change the attchement that i have added to any of my posts so just click on the link in my first post and it will send you to the latest download that i have.

thanks agin for useing Gsupport

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

Mr Crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey its nice. You should include a viewer to view what you have downloaded though. Otherwise, excellent idea. It will be useful for team projects and open source projects.

Life, the Universe and Everything
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 17:43 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 17:46
Quote: "You should include a viewer to view"

i could do however it would then need to download the file first that would make it slower to download. i was thinknig of making a page with more info on it however for the time being i got a few other things to sort out before i start on any of these little things.

the team project idea i had somthing along those lines the owner of the porject reg with me and i will make them an account that one his team people can access the can then send file and so on to each other useing the app this will be coming in version 2 which i hope to get to in a few months.

thanks testing it warship45

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 19:18
i saved things in the Upload folder,i runned Gsupport and the files where deleted!

and i didnt found the files in the Textures folder or the Images!!!

WHERE are they?

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 19:37 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 19:47
when you put them into the folder they will get uploaded then deleted out of that folder, i then have to check them to make sure there is no copy right problems then i will add them into the folders now they are readly for download f you run the app you will find them in textures.

thanks for adding media and testing the app.

a small question for you all in version 0.9 which should be coming out tomorow do you think i should try and get some sort of prewviewer into the app or do you think it is better how it is at the moment??
if you think i should change it all that will happen is it will run another exe which will get the detals of the object if say you press the f1 button, so if you press f1 it will open a new window and show more detals what do you think? i could also rename the button that does not work to do the same job as f1.

thanks

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 20:13 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 20:15
Well for the images and sounds, it shouldn't be that hard, but for the models, you should make a 3D viewer program and launch it to view the 3D object. There should maybe be a temp folder in the downloads folder where it downloads things to preview them, and deletes them if you don't want them. But if you do, it moves them out of the temp folder. I think you should also have a "source" folder, a "models" folder, etc. in the downloads folder. I also suggest having a download status bar right above the download button. Very nice job, and I really like the source tab. I also think you should alphabedize the file list too.

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 20:31 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 20:42
ok umm the only thing is with the progress bar when downloading it will not work becuase you cna download as many files as you want at once. i will try and make a viwer it will mean more exe files lol but o well i will folder them up. also the preview will only open an image about 100x100 or somthing and the sound files like .zip will not have a preview if i make it download the hole file it will put up download files and people will be waiting for ages to get a file.

Edit: currently working on version 0.9 if you download of this forum then when you run the app it will update, Wait until the updates have finshed before trying to run GSupport (it may take some time to update) depends on internet connections and so on!!

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 21:02
WOW. that is a great idea. this way we can share our media! . warship, might i suggest having the person submit a screenshot with their texture/model, this way we know what we want.
if it says "car1" we wanna know what it is

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 21:14
yes i am working on that now and i will create the screen shots for it it will be no more work for me because i have to allow the files in at the moment later in version 2 i may make a submit thing for it however there will be a way for you to add your own files and i will tell you how once i got the viewer to work.

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 22:28
~Version 0.9 is now out you cna now previwe files before downloading, read the top post to find out more. basicly it will give you a small screen shot of the file and download it.

any bugs then let me know and i will fix them as fast as possible

thanks for testing and i hope to get version 1 out tomorow

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 23:17
UH,ok now i see my files and read your post,BUT what are .GUS files???

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 23:25
ok .gus files are renamed .jpg files this is so i cna have a viewer to show cut down sized .jpg and .bmp it is jsut for the viewer make sure u have downloaded the lastest version 0.9 and you should not see them on the download screens it is just a file type for my viwer.

to upload files make a jpg file with the same name as the file then rename it to .gus and then put them both into the upload folder that way i dont need to make screen shots of them make sure they are no bigger than 350x350 or the viwer will not see the hold image and it will be to big anyways.

thanks agin for testing it!

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 23:27
I feel so stupid.

No bugs so far.i think ill be tring to get more media in it soon.as soon as my own screen is repaired i will model some stuff.

Great program!

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 23:39 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 23:42
thanks

version 1.0 should be coming out tomorow it will not have very many changes just the odd thing. later on in version 1 i will get team support added so you cna login and only teams can see the uploaded files in that folder however it will only be for limited teams because i will have to add a lot to my ftp server to get one team added and i also got to add all the media that i hope should start to be uploaded

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 01:10
later in version 1 do you think that i should have some sort of * rate system so that the best downloads get the top of the list and the ones with less rate * will get the bottom of the list this way you will get better downloads towards the top a bit like google with the number of links to a model. as well as that do you think i should add somthing like a quick link so you can type in a nubmer to get right to the file i was thinking of like if you made a game and uploaded it to the GSupport system then you could post a quick link number on here and it will download that file right away it would be a diffrent exe like quick find.exe or somthing that you would run insted of Gsupport.

Well anyways let me know what you think and any other ideas let me know of them too

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 04:36 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 04:40
yes i like the * idea

hmm well if we get alot of media on this its gonna be VERY hard too find stuff. maybe have a search area were u can search? or have alot of sections.
like foilage,automobiles etc. it would make it more organized

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 11:18
I like your * idea.

Also Snowfalls ideas werent bad either.

Hope to get team support soon!

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 11:38
well i will be getting a faster server a soon as people start to use it i will be buying one for this app and also i got some other stuff to use with it.

thanks for the comments i will be adding some more stuff today and hopefull get out version 1

thanks agin warship

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 12:00
Warship,ill be there to support this project,ive read a while back about the idea and well.it came alive!

this project might become one of the Media spirits of TGC!

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 13:04
thanks, i am gonig to add a beta version of my team support bit for the app into version 1.0 i am also getting the quick find stuff to work to should only take me another 1-2 hours to get it then i will post a beta version of version 1 for you all to test cause there has to be a few bugs in it after this update. the only problem is yet agin there are more exe's for the team download and upload i could write them into the other ones however for the beta i dont want to change to much incase people dont like it. so when it comes out the auto updater will not work agin and i will have to post it here current size is 8mb but i will zip it up and try and get it down to about 4mb.

thanks for all your support!

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 13:28 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 13:29
Just finshed the Teams part here is a screen shot for you!

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 13:40 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 13:41
YES!

Hope to see it done quick!!

(BTW,could you register a group for e-Drome Productions?i'd be very happy)

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 13:58
kk i will do i am not sure how well it will work this is only the beta version 1 but i will add you yes u will have to email me a password that you want but it should be very easy to use.

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 14:08
you got mail.

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 14:29 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 15:35
Version 1.0 is out now download at the top any ideas then please let me know i now has quick find and team support at beta.

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 15:46
V1.0 bugs:
-none.

V1.0 good points:
Team part
search
search codes
viewer

Review:

This program is very usefull to our community.this community might need this tool.its a usefull resource to place media on and find media on.every media on it is checked first and even a viewer is in it!

This program makes game creation very easy aslong as people add media on it.i hope people come and help this program to grow.as beta tester of V1.0 i must say this tool is very usefull,also for teams who work on a game due the team part in the program.

So:
This program is very good to use,i havent found ANY bugs.so people please use this tool because the creator is going to hire a server.dont let him pay for nothing guys!

Thank you for reading my post.

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 16:11
hey dude thanks for that i can see that you think this idea of mine was a good idea and i want to thank you for beta teasting.

i got a few little bugs to fix in the next few days i realy could do with some ideas from you lot to make the it even better than it alreadly is.

dbpro plugins
web hosting
www.0z0.co.uk
Farooqaaa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 19:03
Hey,

Really good Plugin! good job!!!. I have just one comment:-

if u add a feature of "Minimize to tray" it will be good. Like when someone click Close or Minimize then it will minimze to tray instead of getting closed.

Thanks.

-----------------------
I will be a good Game Programmer soon!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 19:34
i might have an idea.Why not adding a special part in the program where only you add stuff?

i mean,why wouldnt the creator deserve a part for him alone?

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 20:04 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 20:35
Quote: "Why not adding a special part in the program where only you add stuff"

i would but the programe is realy for gamers to get things i may make a top 10 or top 100 downloads big but frist i need to get more media on it.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 20:13
thats true

there are LOADS of textures.but not much other media.and useres arent much either...

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 21:16 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 17:51
ok all i found a bug in the sprites all fixed now in version 1.1

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk

Attachments

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 21:33
actualy,i found it,you didnt believe and looked then you concluded it was a bug.

i thought it was a wrong upload.

B-DA FIRE!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 11:36
Warship,

it seems the server is offline.

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 12:23
yeh all fixed now my router died over night. only saw the problem this morning

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 12:48 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2006 12:48
oh well,its fixed now,hopefully it wont happen again

EDIT:

page 2!!!!

B-DA FIRE!
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Great! Its really good! I liked everything about it, and the 3D model viewer is neat. Nice job!

On the main page, there's a QF finder thing. What's that? I clicked on view and it came up with a ton of windows labeled 'view'. What's supposed to happen?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 17:01
Q Find:

Press a file you see of intrest,press F1 to obtain QF code.

the QF thing is to find something quick,but you need to rember the QF code.

B-DA FIRE!
warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 17:02
ok go to a page e.g. images click on the file and press f1 that will give u the QF number you type that in on the first page and it will allow you to view it or download it this is gonig to be better when there is more media. also on forums you could host on Gsupport and psot the QF number for people to jsut copy and past then press download to get the file. do not jsut press the button or like u found out it will open 7 or so new windows.

glad you like it all it needs now is more media.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 22:44 Edited at: 5th Aug 2006 22:46
I cannot connect anymore. Is your server down? My internet connection is fine. (At least I think it is )

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 22:59
i know what it is:

Warship is on vacation and had putten the server down.

hell be back in a week as far as i know.

B-DA FIRE!
Bmad6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 01:12
This is a really neat program! Thanks a ton!

Programming is the art that fights back.
s0l1dsnak3123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 21:54
hey warship... glad to see that your still making gsupport. I am going to email you

warship45
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 17:12
just to let you all know the server is now back up and running sorry that it was offline but at the moment until i get lots of support for this app it will not have it own server.

dbpro plugins
www.0z0.co.uk
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 17:29
Muhahaha...

ill try to make something for Gsupport soon

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 07:23:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 07:23:24