Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Online BlackJack using Multi-Sync

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 00:13 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2006 04:14
Some of you may know I posted a single-player only BlackJack game a week or so ago.

Well in order to get as much knowledge about card games before I start a CCG I wanted to make sure I knew how to give the game a multiplayer aspect as well.

Anyhow, I am doing a new post because this version is only multi-player and while I worked on it I had to start from scratch while slowly and carefully implementing my single player code and turning it to Online.

heres a small screen shot of the game so far with me testing both the host and client on the same comp.

Atm there is no betting or scoring system because I am really unsure how I want that aspect to work.

Oh special thanks to Benjamin for creating a awesome DLL!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2006 03:33
cool!

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 00:57 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2006 00:58
Has anyone actually tested it yet? Are you guys able to host the game and play without any bugs? Since its online I would love if I could get your input so I know if it actually works for others Internet configurations.

Oh and even if you dont have someone to play against, you can run the host and client on the same computer and it will work.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 21:13
It's a bit big
But it still looks great!

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2006 05:40
I gave it a try and it works and looks very clean.

A couple of suggestions,

Grab the IP address of the Host and allow the port to be changed.

Have a computer dealer and then the host and client are both players. The dealer should have a set of rules like stand on 17.

Good job so far.

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 02:13
tschwarz thanks for the feed back and Im extremely happy that the game ran fine for you.

I was thinking about having a computer dealer, but I liked the idea of Host vs Client instead. It is a great idea but im not sure if im gonna try it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 00:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 00:05:48