Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Call AppGameKit compiler from an external application.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2016 10:47
Hello,

It's an option that may be important for me in a project I will maybe start.
Is there a way to run appgamekit compiler for specific platform (androïd mainly) from an application I create With/Without appgamkit ?

Regards,
Freddix
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 11th Aug 2016 14:23
If there is they will not tell you.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2016 15:47 Edited at: 11th Aug 2016 15:49
in tier1 the compiler create a bytecode file, this was used in the media folder for the interpreter core project at android.

you can exchange the compiler with your own exe to get the app parameters that are used by the agk ide if you hit there the tool bar buttons.

Command Line Arguments C++
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~lucia/courses/2131-05/labs/Lab3/CommandLineArguments.html

then u can start this compiler with needed Arguments from a batch or app.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.20 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.3.2) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2016 22:22
Thank you Markus, I will check this.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2016 18:36
Pretty sure this will be against the AppGameKit ToS.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2016 14:54
Mobiius : In that case, I will discuss with Rick about my project to see if we can find a solution
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2016 17:06
Why would it not be allowed?

You still have to purchase AppGameKit to legally obtain and use the compiler, and its use still binds you under any agreements for its use.

Calling from outside the IDE should really be meaningless as far as they are concerned.

I have long been calling the dbpro compiler from the command line and a custom c# build application.

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2016 15:53
I have no problem with people calling the compiler from another app. The only issue would be if you distribute the AppGameKit compiler with your project.

The command line call is "AGKCompiler.exe -agk main.agc", but this is left over from when we had the old compiler. The main.agc part is ignored with the latest compiler, it will always look for main.agc no matter what that part says. So you could just use "AGKCompiler.exe -agk" and it would work exactly the same.

The compiler needs to be called from the directory of the project you want to compile, i.e. the working directory must be the one with main.agc in it.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 23:13
Paul, my project will need AppGameKit but will not distribute AppGameKit

In fact, my project is (and it's only an idea at this state), to make a new XQuaEditor *LIGHT* for AppGameKit.
But due to the way AppGameKit work for Androïd, this new XQuadEditor will contain specific (AppGameKit) sources codes that it will modify depending on the *game project* developed with it.
And then it will call the AppGameKit compiler to compiles these specific sources codes.

Regards,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 11:54:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 11:54:09