Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / PurePLUGIN is available @ Odyssey-Creators

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 12:32 Edited at: 6th Mar 2007 13:17
Hi all,
our brand new product that will make the DarkBASIC Professional plugin creation live more easy than it never was before !! is now available!

You can jump at Odyssey-Creators website for more details:
http://www.odyssey-creators.com/spip.php?article165

EDIT: Orders problems are fixed. You can register now directly in english.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Mono
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Freddix,

i have tried to order PurePLUGIN, but get the error:

Quote: "Notice: Use of undefined constant PAYPAL - assumed 'PAYPAL' in /home/odissey/domains/shop.odyssey-creators.com/public_html/achat/fin_commande.php on line 114"
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 20:25 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 20:34
Ok, I'll check that now with the shop developer.

EDIT: I've seen your message, simply click on the UK flag on the left and the shop may appear in english. Only the money currency doesn't move and remain at euro but I don't know if paypal will also appear in english

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mono
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've seen your message, simply click on the UK flag on the left and the shop may appear in english."

I've used your directlink
If i click ADD TO CART i got a huge list of errorcodes.

Oh, and for my order: should i order it again?
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 21:13
I checked on paypal and there are no order sended to the paypal account so, you order may have probably be avorted by the error. It's apparently a problem of "definition" in the language files. The Shop developer will look at this and fix it as soon as possible. Please, do not re-order now if you use paypal, apparently the module is faulty. I know the secured bank method work (because I did tests myself when installing the bank module) but I didn't tested paypal cos it was the shop developer that (theorically) did this.
I will send you an e-mail and post news ehre when the shop developer will have fixed the paypal problem.

Can you send me per mail ( at : fred@odyssey-creators.com ) a copy of all errors you get on the shop ? It may help me (and the shop developer) to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Mono
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 21:39 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 21:49
Hi Freddix,

I've had to apologize, but it seems it was my fault.
I am running here a local proxy, and it filtered some parts of the javascript of your shop. After switching off the proxy, ADD TO CART worked fine.

I'm sorry,
MONOS

PS: I'm trying now to order again without the proxy....

EDIT2:

Still not working without the proxy

EDIT:

PPS: Oh, even if you choose english on your page, some parts are still in french and my comment means this in the Billing Adress page:
Quote: "J'ai pris connaissance des conditions générales de vente du site Odyssey Creators en vigueur à cet instant et j’y adhère sans réserve."

I think it's a sort of EULA...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 21:58 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2007 22:15
Hi,
I have fixed the problem, paypal may work now in english too.

Quote: "
J'ai pris connaissance des conditions générales de vente du site Odyssey Creators en vigueur à cet instant et j’y adhère sans réserve"

It's something the shop developer didn't translate into english.
It's mean that you know the sell conditions (I'm not 100% sure of the correct term in english) of Odyssey-Creators and that you agree with.

EDIT: I have trnalsted the rest of the french speeches that needed to be

Mono
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, it works now!

Thanks,
MONOS
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 23:54
Your registration is now processed

Paypal paiements now work correctly even in English
The secured bank paiement is in French only but I'll contact my bank to know how to add support for english.
Step for bank paiement:
Step1-3 are in english
N° de carte : Card number
Expire Fin: Expiration date (the number is the month and second one is the year.
The box on the right (veuillez saisir votre cryptogramme) is the 3 digits number available in the back of your credit card.
Once done, click on VALIDER and your paiement will be processed.

Here is the process until page update to english...

LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 03:29
pure plugin = awesome but i can't get purebasic for now but it seriously sounds good.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 10:43
@LD52: thanks

For the few registered users (and others too if they want :p)

We've setup a poll on our forum to ask you which DarkBASIC Professional Plugin support you want us to add in the next PurePLUGIN update ?

if you want to answer, jump here:
http://forum.odyssey-creators.com

LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 23:54
Plugin ssupport? i thought you get to make your own plugins for darkbasic professional or something? What exactly do you do with Pureplugin?
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 00:18 Edited at: 26th Feb 2007 00:21
With PurePLUGIN you can create new plugin for DarkBASIC Professional
But PurePLUGIN can do more.
It can directly use DarkBASIC Professional command from your DLL Plugin.
And, more to this, you can use existing plugin commands from your PurePLUGIN TPC.

For Example,
In your DLL, you can use something like:
DBPositionObject( OBJECTID, X#, Y#, Z# )
That will call the DarkBASIC Professional DBProBASIC3DDebug.dll command: Position Object OBJECTID, X#, Y#, Z#

For other plugin, here is an example:
DBProGameFX.dll, you can use its command from a plugin developed with PurePLUGIN:
DBSetGlobalShadowsOn() will call command : Set Global Shadows On

I plan to add support for other plugin. That mean that it will be possible to use existing plugin commands from your future TPC plugin developed with PurePLUGIN.

Do you understand now how PurePLUGIN is powerful ?

Check this post:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=100668&b=5
You'll see a small TPC plugin developed with PureBASIC + PurePLUGIN that'll do tiles screen scrolling.
It uses directly DarkBASIC Professional PASTE IMAGE from the DLL itself.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 02:35
Why don't you sell PurePlugin through TGC? I've got a gift certificate I want to use for it, but I'll have to wait at this point.

Come see the WIP!
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2007 14:08
@Cash Curtis II : I 'm sorry but Odyssey-Creators is a registered company now... I can't make all my products be selled via TGC (otherwise, what is the interest to have a company then ?)... Some of them will be (maybe x4) but some will not... Actually, I do not plan to make PurePLUGIN be reselled via TGC... Maybe later but I can't promise a date.
More to this, the secured, ssl certified bank system will soonly be available in english too.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 14:38
Odyssey-Creators secured SLL transaction system is now fully working in english too

LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 01:21
So do we need Purebasic?
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2007 20:03
Yes.
PurePLUGIN allow you to make easily DarkBASIC Professional plugin using PureBASIC programing language. You need a PureBASIC 4 licence.

LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 03:48
Is Purebasic's syntax and commands similar to DarkBasic 's?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 06:58
Is it really worth asking questions that you can find answers to yourself? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PureBasic

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 13:11
PureBASIC is a basic. So, it work like many basics around :p
And, the interest is that you'll use DarkBASIC Professional command from your DLL. That mean that you'll not have to learn PureBASIC's 3D, Sound, 2D, File IO, etc ... because you can directly use the DarkBASIC Professional one. Of course, naming will not be exactly the same and you'll have to look into the include files to know the commands but it's something that come with time. I remind when I started to develop eXtends, I ofter opened the Includes files to remind the commands names but now, it's something I do rarely :p

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 09:14
@ Freddix - what 5% of original DBPro command set not supported yet in PurePlugin? Are all the image, sprite, memblock, camera and object commands supported?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2007 14:40
All the commands that only requires : Integer, floats, strings, chars and pointer are supported
PurePLUGIN does not (officially) support DarkBASIC Professional commands that need arrays and special data as paremeters (and return value) because I don't exactly know how they work. It does also not support special commands like REMSTART, REMEND, etc because they are not really commands but compiler specific...

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 17:32
could I play around with the memblock commands of DBPro within PureBasic using your plugin?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 20:46
yes you can, it's what I do in eXtends (that uses a similar principle than PurePLUGIN to work) with wobbles commands for example.

I put an image into a memblock, read memblock pointer and then use Peek/Poke commands from PureBASIC to do changes in the memblock images faster than Memblock Long/Word commands can do :p

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 09:17
@ Freddix - have now purchased PurePlugin - is it up to version 1.1? any plans for additions?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 11:46
Just ordered PureBasic, so I'll check this stuff out at the weekend - seems to be a good way to expand our reach without getting all caught up in C++ - I've been using VB for so long...I can't wait to ditch it!.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 17:06
1.1 is ready and is compatible with more DarkBASIC Professional plugins !!! It will be released on these days.
Registered users will all receive a notification mail about 1.1 release to inform them on how to DL it
Here is the actual added ones for 1.1 :
- DarkPHYSICS
- eXtends

Feel free to send me (per mail @ support at odyssey-creators.com, replace at with @) a link to which plugin you want PurePLUGIN to handle and I'll try to add it. If it's a LICENSED plugin, it will be harder for me to add it. It's easier to add current free plugin support in

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 17:06 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 17:21
Wow, I'm very happy with this. Purebasic is so easy to use, and very powerful. I just made my first plugin, new animation controls for Geisha House to replace the DBP code that does the same thing.

Now I have a much better system. PBs UDTs (structures) can have arrays inside of the UDTs, which gives me great flexibility where that I didn't have before.

Everyone needs to order this. Very powerful and easy to use. Excellent job Freddix!! And thankfully, it works with DBP 6.2. GH doesn't work with higher versions.

Come see the WIP!
Escaped Ape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 17:40
I just had birthday, so i could spend some money on purebasic and the pureplugin.
Though i don't think i know all the advantages of using purebasic based dll files.
Could maybe someone create a little advantage-list of what purebasic dlls could make easier or better, beside improving the game speed?
Or if such a list is already existing, give me a link?
Thanks.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 02:20
There are plenty of advantages to creating a plugin. Speed is a huge advantage. That alone is well worth the money.

It also allows you to create a permanent library of portable commands. I have certain bits of code that I always use. Now, I'll just have to create a plugin once, and I'll have access to those commands forever. My animation commands are a great example. I was using UDTs to manage the animations. It is a great system - it gives me timer based animation, animation blending, and feedback on the status of any particular animation without having to monitor the current frame. However, porting it to another project was a real pain. For a small project I just wouldn't do it.

Now with a plugin version, I can use it in any program that I want to without any hassles or worries. The UDT is encapsulated in PB and all I'm left with is the functionality.

Also, if you have a great collection of functions, you can sell them. Nobody will buy code, but people will buy plugins.

Purebasic is very powerful and easy to use. I'm glad to own it now. I studied the differences between Purebasic and Powerbasic for some time while I was waiting to get the money and Purebasic is comparable in power but the syntax is much closer to DBP.

My first plugin I wrote I had absolutely no issues converting my DBP code to PB code. There were some specific things I had to do, but it was pretty straightforward.

Come see the WIP!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 13:42
I just did a very interesting test with PB.

I made a replacement function for abs. They are CC_absInt() and CC_absFloat(). Part of the reason I did it was to benchmark it against DBP.

In DBP, ABS is slow because of the type casting from integer to float. So that means that using ABS on a float should be fast. That was not the case at all.

I ran 100 000 000 iterations with each command. I tried int and float with positive and negative numbers.

Here are the results, given in seconds:

Integers
Positive Numbers
DBP: 12.416
CC: 1.455

Negative numbers
DBP: 12.587
CC: 1.636

Floating point numbers

Positive numbers
DBP: 9.924
CC: 2.791

Negative numbers
DBP: 10.368
CC: 2.798

That's a pretty dramatic difference. DBP is only slightly faster using floats with ABS than it is with integers. Using Purebasic the difference is tremendous.

I'd post the plugin, but it's part of something bigger and I don't want to start any new plugins at the moment. But, you can trust my math

Come see the WIP!
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 14:56
Thank cash for your support and these extra informations about performances increase

But I want to provide 1 extra informations that is not PurePLUGIN specific but PureBASIC specific.
You must not forget 1 thing. PureBASIC cannot be used simply as a command wrapper. That mean that you can't create commands like Abs(), Int() that are even integrated in PureBASIC and in DarkBASIC Profesisonal

Sample:
This sample is a simple wrapping of the Abs function from PureBASIC. IT IS NOT ALLOWED by PureBASIC EULA.

This sample is not a simple wrapping of the abs function from PureBASIC. IT IS THEORICALLY ALLOWED by PureBASIC EULA :

I hope you'll understand the differencies between these two samples that gives the same result.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 00:31 Edited at: 25th Mar 2007 00:35
I know, I used option #2. Purebasic does not natively support abs() for integers anyway, just like DBP.

Come see the WIP!
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2007 09:19
@ Freddix,

Hope you dont mind, but I've started a thread for a practical work-through example:-

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=102820&b=5

Thought it would be helpful to keep it out of this thread - will also help explain your plugin to potential purchasers... (whilst clearing up stuff for me..)

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2007 15:22
Hi,
I've answered the post
Thanks for the idea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 03:37:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 03:37:35