Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / anyone has sucesfull run bsp levels in dbpro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i give up
i let it for impossible

i maked the level with worldcraft (for halflife), and compiled it with zoners tools.
i put in the same directory the wad and the level.
and dont run, i tryed hundred of times and nothing displays in screen. anyone has loaded sucesfull a bsl level with shadow mapings in dbpro?
HOW???

please, respond
Omega
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody has successfully managed to do anything with dbpro...It's like a car with a broken engine...useless

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 13:46
Neoxxx, is the camera actually facing and inside the BSP? You could try placing the bsp in a pak3 file, if the camera isnt in the bsp and has gravity in the code, it will be most likely you will have fallen out of visible range within a few frames. BTW Omega stfu you aint helping. I myself have run a few different BSP's in DBpro, i can send you the code if you want, but you will have to wait till i get home from college. If you can just upload the bsp file so i others can try it.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram
neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
yea, in the code i writen tha camera is free and there arent gravity, y maked using quark a pak0.pak file, witch a bsp in halflife mode, and only is seen the upper rectangle of the room that haves the texture sky1 ... i dont understant... this is the code that i use

help me, haggisman

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
i solutioned it!!! cool!!!
the problem was in the coordinates of tha camera, if you are outside the bsp, it dont show

the best form of make a correct position for the camera is to divide the coordinates in quark of the player position by 40 and exchange the (y) and (z) coordinates

now the problem is that the lights dont show, how can be activated the lightmaps??

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
think thats in patch 2 mate, this weekend ... i hope

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks thanks, sure that is a bug and solutioned in patch 2?

cool

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
quote from patch 2

BSP

- Cleared notfound_texture_table in Q3 loader to fix origin of exception handler bug
- For level that use nonstandard texture sizes, the loader now adjusts to fill texture plates
- Fixed problem with BSP renderer not restoring render states for some levels
- Fixed response modes for CustomBSP levels
- Added PROCESS BSP COLLISION command
- CustomBSP level loading can now handle relative path filenames for texture location
- Added SET BSP COLLISION HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT command to provide head-adjustment for camera view
- Fixed ability in CustomBSP for geometry to respond to dynamic lighting effects

think the last one relates to lighting up bsp ... i think

neoxxx
Years of Service
User Offline
i hope too

Musicman
Years of Service
User Offline
How does one (a) create the bsp level (what is a good tool - besides worldcraft - for someone that DOES NOT own any other game - (b) how does one create the wad file and - whatever a pak file is - and (c) how can I make an inside / outside level in DBPro - namely - walk on terrain (matrix or heightmap) and come across the bsp level - enter it and play it (with textures and all) - is that possible in DBPro?

Mike

Newbi2basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 12:45
Add some gravity into your app.. Half Life Levels start at -100 or something for some unknowen reason maybe the camera isnt in the area of the BSP level....

Adding gravity will let you fall and hit the BSP level if its underneath you

add

Mouse movement aswell.... will let you look around for it

Its there trust me or trust someone

"When all is lost and you have nothing to lose. Thats the time to win stuff back..." Newbi2basic 23:33 26th august 2002
Newbi2basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 12:46
HAHA! Never read the whole post Sorry but at least i helped

"When all is lost and you have nothing to lose. Thats the time to win stuff back..." Newbi2basic 23:33 26th august 2002

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 07:09:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 07:09:18