Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / My Rubber sig

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 18:48
Ok, my sig below is a quote from an episode of Spitting Image (A UK comedy show from the 80’s featuring famous people and others as rubber puppets) it was an episode where Spock escaped/was thrown away? Can’t remember. Anyway, he ended up outside in the real world, saw people walking about and said “Curious - carbon based life forms that appear to be entirely devoid of rubber.”
The reason I say this is, after reading my sig I thought, hmm, rubber, that could easily be misunderstood. lol.
Sorry for this post. I felt I had to explain this but I couldn’t fit enough info in my sig which im going to change shortly btw.
While we’re on it, does anyone remember the show or that episode? Top show, methinks

Cheers
Curious - carbon based life forms that appear to be entirely devoid of rubber
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 12:46
I do indeed remember, and I'm pretty sure it was when he was thrown away Chris Barrie, Steve Nallon, Enn Reitel, Harry Enfield, Pamela Stephenson, Jon Glover, Jan Ravens, Jessica Martin, Rory Bremner, Kate Robbins and Hugh Dennis - Man thats a long list of celebrities who are still sucessful today, which shows the talent behind the show

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 21:37
Yeah, that’s a lot of talent there. It’s a shame they don’t re-run it. I know it was topical at the time but I don’t think that matters much.
Well, I’m glad someone remembered.

Cheers
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 23:33

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 21:47:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 21:47:51