Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Exclusive Eternal Destiny Announcement

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:03 Edited at: 11th May 2003 20:10
Due to recent activities, we have decided to COMPLETELY recode Eternal Destiny using ONLY dark basic professional.

Eternal Destiny was originally started in classic, and that is where the engine was developed. When converting to pro, we found many technical difficulties, and could not flex Pros power to the limits.

This is why we decided to start over. If we begin coding in pro, we foresee many less problems with classic to pro conversion. We can also code it for pro, instead of for classic. Eternal Destiny was coded for classic, so when it was converted to pro, we had to remove some of the project. We thought this was a bad idea.

Starting in pro will allow us to have a much cleaner version, much faster, and it will be designed specifically to run in pro. We will be able to flex the PRO only commands, because we are aborting the classic project coding.

The new Eternal Destiny code will be shorter, and more efficient. With the help of Mnemonix plugins and editors, we will be able to set up an object in one command. Dialog will be a breeze. We are expecting a huge speed increase, so we will be able to jam in more detail than ever.

Here are some changes we are going to be working on...
As much detail as trees swaying in the breeze.
Realtime water reflections.
Realtime day to night transaction.
Full character interaction.

All this and whatever else we think of. The Eternal Destiny project is designed to push DB to the limits, and design a completely user friendly RPG.

With this post, I am also going to include the Eternal Destiny Production staff. Just thought you guys should know whos behind the work...

John (RPGamer): Head of productions, lead static modeller, head coder, whatever else needs doing (cept for 2D)

Andy (Mnemonix):Co lead coder, project organiser, storyline, dialog and all editors

DarkCoderUk: Modeller, UV Mapping, Coding

DrakeX: Random Coding

xxxPetRatxxx: Music

Arrow: Concept art

Jason: Textures

We hope you support us in our decision, as we are doing this for all of the people who have been watching Eternal Destiny. We dont want to dissapoint them, rather AMAZE them. Whenever we make drastic changes like this, remember, we are doing this for the good of the game. We always consider what the people will think when we make decisions, we can only hope that you support us.

Regards,
John
Head of the Eternal Destiny Project

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Starting from scratch, TOTAL REHAUL!
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:13
To add on to what John said, We are developing a number of engines for the game including battle,field,interior etc. We hope to include various graphical accomplishments in our game that have not been seen used in db before. If anybody has ideas for this kind of thing then post them here. Any ideas would be nice

Where did his Ak-47 go.
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 22:10
will we need a pc as good a rich's to run?

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 22:17
You defienitly made the right decision in restarting in Pro.
Shorter code=Faster speed.

This decision will only make Eternal Destiny Faster, and give us more eye-candy with the water reflections, and all.

As long as this project is completed I don't care how long it takes.
For we all really need a good rpg to be completed to show off Dark Basics true powers.

(Current)-Game entering concept art stages-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-Started modeling buildings and other objects-
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 23:59
Sounds gr8, I wanted you to redo it in pro but didn't want to suggest it Good luck

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 00:05
Good luck .

Btw, DrakeX is still around? DB oldbies just keep resurfacing ...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 00:06
interesting news... look forward to progress

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 00:43
you guys you keep making my little db rpg The sorus sound so darn small and useless. But really i can't wait until the demo come out and good luck to you all
crystal

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 05:56
Hehehe thanks guys

DarkFluff: We are shooting for whatever PC level is most common. So nothing like 3 ghz! Dont worry! I have a 1 ghz P3 with a Geforece2,,,so its not anything like a supercomputer!

Yellow: Yes we are trying to get this going the best way it can. Since we want this project to grow, we cant let little things step in our way. We thought starting over, although it may be time consuming at first, would let us, over all, code through the game much easier.

Kang: Thanks! Glad you like the idea, next time speak up dangit! Lol Thanks for the comments.

Mouse: Thanks! Yea, hes around, he hangs out at RGT mostly though.

Raven: Thanks, so are we!

Crystal: Man dont say that! Im sure your project will come along great! Just keep your mind set on it and work hard. I really liked your shots! Thanks for the kind comments.

Well, Mnemonix and I will make sure to keep you guys up to date, as of now your our public! Lol! Mnemonix is developing a Halbros Productions board so we will be posting there first so we can put up the links here etc. It will also be a way for the staff to post something right when they are done. When the forum is done Ill post up a link

Thanks for the kind comments,
RPGamer

ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 20:02
RPGamer does this mean you will not be doing anything on the db forum

crystal

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 02:06 Edited at: 13th May 2003 02:06
Heck no! Ill def. be here guys! I couldnt just leave like that! Plus, I dont think our forum will be too too populated, at least not like the one here is

Here is the link!

http://www.halbros.vze.com

Check it out! If you have any suggestions make sure to post them there!

RPGamer

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 02:56
Hello. Anyway, I wont let you guys down, I promise .
Anyway, I'm gonna start another piece of music for you soon...Boss Battle Theme .

I cant wait to see this game finished...

Always has, never will
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 04:06
Cheers

Brent_Seraphim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 06:28
Exclusive ? .

Personally I'm looking forward to the game myself. And perhaps some updates to your WEBSITE!! ...NOW! [b])

"Laugh to scorn the power of man..."
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 07:06
We have updated the amount of Forums on the website. It is only a discussion board. All information to do with the game can be found within. It will take a while before we are deep into development and can bring updates to the website notifying all the people waiting for this game of the current situation. As for now, register and ask us any questions about the game that you want. Suggestions are appreciated. We will be starting some polls on there soon which will allow us to gain info on what people want in the game.

Where did his Ak-47 go.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 18:47:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 18:47:47