Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Group Simulation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2007 19:25
A lil' Simulation of people who form groups and fight each-other.
After a while u can bet on one group and then look if it wins.
Maybe somebody has fun watching it .

The Code can be found >>HERE<<.

Please tell me if u hav some ideas or feedback for this

Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 01:03 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 02:24
@ Valle: Some interesting program, it was fun to see how they fought! I just thought it might be funny to port it into 3D (it would be like the "Max-Pynes" shooting each other in "3D-Mark-2001SE" in the "Vertex-Shader-Benchmark")!

How you got this idea to make such a thing?
Ideas:
- Do you thought about a small "reproduction-"/birth-rate?
- You may should offer the user to enter the number of "fighters"/peoples or give a choice-option for different amounts, because sometimes it takes a lot of time untill a round is finished! (This way it might be a "faster" round/game, but less fun obviously!)

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.3):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93582&b=5
Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 07:42
oh yes, i forgot, you can change the number of fighters with the variable "people" at line 14. You can also change the resolution with the two constants SCREENW and SCREENH at the beginning of teh code.

Yea, 3d'd be fun, but it's not easy to port, i'll see, maybe i'll do that when i'm tired of my big project again

btw: Yay, another one from Germany , are you in the german forum?

Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 15:58
@ Valle: Well, not yet, but the forum where you posted your prog was very interesting, so I put it to my "favorites"!

I know that making it 3D would be more difficult, but it maybe also "cool" to look at, some kind of "Wartribes" or "Civilizations at War" (just some names that would reflect the "killing" that you simulate)! (If our politicians would read this they would say immediately "Killerspiel" and we would get arrested! *lol*)

What is your "big project"? Do you have some infos on that? (What is it? What can you do with it? Game/Tool? etc.)

Keep up the cool things!

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.3):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93582&b=5
Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 16:43 Edited at: 13th Mar 2007 16:46
It's Stick Suicide 3 (if you dont know the 2nd one, the download is here : http://home.arcor.de/walitski/StickSuicide2%20-%20with%20media.rar , and the threat is here: link)

But it's in an early state and it can get annoing to just programm Editors and dont see any results , that's why i do smaller projects from time to time

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 15:10
Dude that is so killer man! I loved how they broke up into factions and started going after each other quickly, slaughtering off the weaker states, and using some pretty cool hit and run tactics. I didn't wait till the end though because i have to work on my own projects. I would suggest having them be more aggressive towards the end just to speed things up a bit.

Lazlazlaz 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 20:15
This is absolutely fascinating. I'm studying AI at uni, so its great to see this implemented so well in DBP. I am going to have to study your code for many hours I think.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 01:55:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 01:55:42