Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
One single Word about the Update:
Haaaleluia!

I hope they'll fix the character-controller-bug.
(you know:falling speed increases with running speed
(I think you should be able to controll the falling manually)

PIE!
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 18:56
@ Mike: Thanks for the "Update-Statements" in the April-Newsletter "Issue 51"! (Also a good way to make the improvements public besides this thread/forum!) Good work, keep it going (and don't forget to keep us informed about the progress)!

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.3):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93582&b=5
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 15:46
Any news on the update Mike?

JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 02:56
If you have a Dynamic rigid body set to Kinematic, a 0 flag
is supposed to turn Kinematic off, but after the zero
the object cannot be treated as Dynamic.

As it is, if you want to return to Dynamic, you have to delete
the object from the simulation and make it a physics object again.

It would be nice to have it revert to Dynamic.

Ad Astra Per Asper
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 21:32
Is there a chance we will get Dark GDK support in the near future?

Mac OS X: 3D modelling, sound design, Java website design, World Of Warcraft
Windows XP: DarkBasicPro, DarkShader, Mapzone, Guild Wars
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 20:07
How about introducing commands to integrate DarkPHYSICS with DarkAI to remove any conflict?

Something like:
Set Priority to Physics
&
Set Priority to AI

Using these commands would negate conflict when the two systems try to move objects in differing directions.

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
When is this update actualy going to be released?

Beware, Killing chavs is not a crime, but is the only way to cure the earth
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk
david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 02:38
This is what I am talking about,No response from any tgc staff on this at all, as If they dont browse these forums LOL.....Get real.....Its no wonder I'm convinced that partices are not going to get fixed, lol........Still the potential for this product is amazing, if only it would be taken more seriously.
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
David w - I totaly agree. exactly what ive been tryin to say.

TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE? TGC ARE YOU THERE?

Beware, Killing chavs is not a crime, but is the only way to cure the earth
Vist www.scratchyrice-dev.co.uk
lava man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 19:32
one word powerslides!

please visit my site at
http://www.freewebs.com/necro023/
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
I have contacted TGC and apparently mike is hard at work on the next upgrade. I have now asked when it is likely to be out and i am awating a reply. I will keep you all informed.

-General Reed

I have AMD Athlon X2 5200+, Geforce 7600GS, 2GB Ram, 240GB HDD and one hell of a headache
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 22:23 Edited at: 14th May 2007 22:24
Ok everyone ive just received a reply to my question of "How long until the upgrade is complete" and the exact reply was "He is currently engaged on multiple projects, he tells me he should get to finishing it in four to six weeks, we're all spread a bit thinly here I'm afraid with the upcoming FPS Creator X10 launch.
" - He being mike

This is good news!

-General Reed

I have AMD Athlon X2 5200+, Geforce 7600GS, 2GB Ram, 240GB HDD and one hell of a headache
Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 23:36
@ General Reed: Thanks for the "update" of the update!
So I can beginn again counting my 2 months, untill I get impatient for any news about the "Update/-grade"!
Has he (Mike) said anything else about any infos reguarding the "changelog/-list"? (I suppose not, so it will be a surprise what we will get then!)

Hoozer

AMD 64X2 4800+ (939); 2GB; GF 6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.3):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93582&b=5
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
@Hoozer N/P. Sorry but all that he said was there.

qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 23:22 Edited at: 19th May 2007 23:47
i'm waiting eagerly for make object from cloth
General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Unsure- but rest assured, i have just sent a support message to tgc asking what has been implemented so-far. I will update you when the new info is avaliable

General Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i got word from tgc, but on this occasion they were not too helpfull. This is the reply i received:
Quote: "Hi ,

When the new DarkPhysics update is released, it will include a what's changed text file listing all the bug fixes and new commands.

Daniel.
"

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 19:36 Edited at: 21st May 2007 19:36
Well at least we know there will be both fixes and commands for sure now

I have no signature...
GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 21:59
and also, they are used "when" and not "if"
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 01:19 Edited at: 25th May 2007 01:20
i've also been waiting patiently for dark physics. it's thursday, I ordered dark physics saturday and got an email saying my order will be processed within 24 hours

hello TGC?
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
You could contact them on the order status page. I sent an enquiry yesterday, promptly answered within 24 hours.

I have no signature...
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2007 02:37
^Each time I try to use that page it says there was an error and my message didn't get through
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 11:53 Edited at: 26th May 2007 14:15
Ever hear of sumotori? Is a quite fun game, with AWSOME physics. You break things and they do it in an very realistic way. I haven't played around with DP when it comes to this, but if it does not exist, please implement it.

Sumotori link

EDIT:
Is this what you mean by broken mass? The cube just stands like that. It should turn over, but doesn't. File attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Viroscopics
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's Something for the wish list but kinda a combined update:

Integrated documentation. It would be nice to access the documentation through the dbpro assistant at least till i get a second monitor so i don't have to flip back and forth so much.

Here I am But am not here, there you are not really there.
Viroscopics
Years of Service
User Offline
How about a command like
phy set rigid body linear velocity forward/backward Object Id,velocity
based on the direction the object is faceing

Here I am But am not here, there you are not really there.
bosskeith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 01:46 Edited at: 31st May 2007 01:47
i would like something as simple as

phy get joint intact()

have it return a 1 if it is still there and a 0 if it is broken.

it has one for joint exist but that does not seem to work as far as them getting broken. I would like to be able to delete the joint if it is no longer intact.

lava man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2007 04:32
power slides
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 14:21 Edited at: 15th Jul 2007 14:24
I emailed Mike a couple of days ago with the following:
Hey Mike, I curious to know how much work you've done on Dark Physics. We've been waiting a long time for an update now, and it just seems like the plugin's life has ended.

Today I got a nice reply, which should shed some light on the situation:
Hi,

Sorry for the lack of any news recently. There is still a great deal we want to do with Dark Physics but unfortunately I have been way laid on other projects and this has meant my focus has been pushed away from Dark Physics. But I'm close to finishing this other project and when that is done I can return to Dark Physics amongst other things. When this happens I'll be releasing a new version which uses 2.7 of Ageia's SDK. It includes improved cloth commands which are already done but need testing. Also there are some new features that Ageia have which we can implement such as force fields. So you'll be able to create wind effects and vortex style effects which will be a neat addition. I also want to try and put together a better vehicle demo. Again due to lack of time I haven't been able to do this but soon this should change.

Regards,

Mike

I like the sound of force fields, wind effects and a better vehicle demo.

EDIT:
It's seems about the same as what General Reed had really.

David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 19:19
Quote: "o there are some new features that Ageia have which we can implement such as force fields"
j

kooooooooooooooll !
Yoko
Years of Service
User Offline
What happened to DP?

It's august now and no update for a long while...

And the PhysX has massive update now, will DP use these newest tech?
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 07:17
Don't forget about the PARTICLES! I can't release my FPS till I have some halfway decent sparks!
pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree. A little update on progress would be nice.
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 14:22
Quote: "I agree. A little update on progress would be nice."

An update is seriously needed. It might also help to make it readily apparent to people interested in it that you do NOT need a PhysX card to use DarkPhysics, nor do the players. As long as you stay away from the mesh generated water, you're fine.

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2007 15:36 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2007 15:38
I really think that they should add the particle fluids like in the Ageia demos, but particles still take priority for me.

I attached my FPS engine EXE so far. Just look at how... wrong it looks. The gravity is messed up, the collisions are messed up, the positioning and angling are messed up... too many things. Take a look if you like to laugh. (2.82MB Zip'd)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 04:18
Actually, it doesn't look that bad. The sparks were not textured, but the bullet holes are pretty good.

Ad Astra Per Asper
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2007 19:44 Edited at: 25th Aug 2007 20:23
Yeah, I'm finishing drawing the texture now. Drew the bullet holes in Flash, lol. My friend's better at that so he's drawing me some new ones.

The only real problems I can see are:

1. - The gravity is... distorted or something.
2. - They all have some sort of angular velocity applied that I didn't put on them (wind...?).
3. - And I DID try to texture them with a crap pre-texture but it didn't work.

EDIT: 4. - I also turned on collisions with terrain but that doesn't work.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the texture because it's probably my error, but it'd be nice if they fixed the gravity and that wind... stuff. And collisions, which have never seemed to work right.

EDIT 2: Lol, look at my particle code for now:

Hoozer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2007 19:06 Edited at: 5th Sep 2007 19:11
Hello everyone,

as some of you may know, I always wait some time (about 2 months from the last infos I got) untill I think I should ask TGC for some infos about the DP-Update/-Upgrade so I don't lose the hope that it will come one day!

I wrote an e-mail to "Mike Johnson" of TGC who is responsible for DP and other things. I thought it is fair to let you all know what he answered to me. (@ Mike: I hope this is OK for you!? )
This is what he answered on Wed, 05. Sep 2007 11:25:33:

Quote: "
Hi Andreas,

It has been difficult for me to spend any time on Dark Physics recently. This has been due to working on another project which has suffered many delays which has ultimately affected Dark Physics. I have sent out a release candidate DVD of the project this morning and if all goes well I will finally finish on it within a short space of time. Once this is done I can return to DB Pro, GDK and of course Dark Physics.

When I am freed up from this current project my first priority is to release the DP update. The code is now based on 2.7.2. I have been speaking to people from Ageia and asked for assistance with some areas - specifically vehicles as I feel there is a lot more we can do with them. The update will include improved cloth, some new commands and some bug fixes. When it has been released I can then plan things out in the long term. I'll be looking to people like yourself and many others on the forum for help with this. Sorry for being vague right now but it's hard to say things for definite at this point.

I can only apologise for the situation. DP has been neglected for a long time and it wasn't meant to be like this but unfortunately this other project I'm working on has sucked up virtually all my time. It has been very difficult but the end is in sight and this finally means DP can get some much needed attention.

Regards,

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 02 September 2007 00:03
To: mike @ thegamecreators . com
Subject: Any news on the Dark-Physics-Update?
Importance: High

Hello Mike,

as you may know, I allways ask you once in a while when I hear nothing new about DP for a longer time!
The latest news came from "DBking" in the DP-Upgrade-Thread and that was from the 15th July! Also the last newletter didn't metioned DP!

So I ask you once again:
1. How far is the progress of the DP-Update?
2. What AGEIA-SDK-Version will it utilize? (Last words said 2.7, actual Version is 2.7.2)
3. Is there somekind of changelog that is already sure? (What things are going to be improved and are done, what will be new and is already done? What is left open as an option for further Updates, etc.?)
4. Is there a specified timeframe for a release? (When can we expect it to be available?)

As you know me and others, we are waiting patiently for it, but with no news and status-reports it's a bit frustrating! Some already lost interest in the PlugIn or worse: changed completely to other programming languages! If you want to keep your buyers happy (so that they also buy future products from you), you should improve your information-policy!
Also many of us can't release their games in their desired way, cause the actual bugs in DP do prevent a "problem-less" use of some DP-features which are more or less key-features in the games or do improve it in a massive way!

I really hope you can give me some infos on the actual status and that you post every now and then (once a month) some details of the progress you make in the DP-Upgrade-Thread or in the news-letter! (This way you can keep off people like me, asking for any news! )

Thanks for reading and replying, keep up the good work!

Andreas Hoyer (Forum-Name: Hoozer)
"

I hope that some of you got the desired infos from his answer! For me it brings back hope that we can use DP in a more professional and less buggy way in the near future!

Hoozer

AMD64X24800+(939);2GB;GF6800LE (@12PS, 6VS; 380 MHz, RAM: 434 MHz)
DP-Sw-Mode-Comp-Entry (updated to V. 1.4):
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109846&b=5&p=0
pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the update.
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2007 12:22
Yeah, thanks much. Good to know TGC still exists.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2007 18:29
Iam still waiting .....

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2007 16:44
Make cloth from object is going to be so awesome for clothes on a character.

-= Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals =-
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 01:08
tgc are busy doing other things.i think they need to hire more people really to get things going.
deadlyduck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 12:51
I hope once they get FPSx10 out of the way they can get back to the more important stuff.

Keeping there users updated at least.

I hope FPSx10 goes real well for them, no bugs etc. so all the rest of us who are trying to get our projects working can finaly move on.

I spent 3 days trying to work out what I was doing wrong with static meshes till I posted my problem and was told it was a known bug. How about a list of known bugs that your forum search shows up?

Come on Devs, Its been months since any of you have officialy posted on this thread..
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2007 14:45
I think that after FPSx10 there will be DBX10 to worry about (since I think it's being used to make FPSx10). It would be just nice to hear news about that aswell.

(Then I again I think there's about 3 people working at TGC at the mo'). I'm sure they really need a new bigseller in their product range to employ more staff.

culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2007 08:17
*Posts nonexistent resume*

I live in the US though...
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2007 22:55
@Redmotion - No, fpsc x10 is not made with dbp x10,that was a rumor, and proved wrong by a member of tgc themselves(Mike Johnson).

Hello
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 03:47
...Any updates?

I was also wondering, if anyone can help with those sparks. I tried making an emitter, sizing it 0.3 or something appropriate, and I textured it with TEXTURE OBJECT, but the tex won't appear. When does this need to be called in relation to the emitter and its properties?

(If you can help, thanks much, just didn't think it was worth a new thread.)
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2007 07:07
You might also try using "set detail mapping on" after the texture.
That will make it really stand out.

Ad Astra Per Asper
culmor30
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 05:33 Edited at: 18th Oct 2007 16:31
Ok, I'll try that. I'll edit this post with my results.

EDIT: It was oh so tempting to claim magical post 100, but I restrained myself. Here's my entire source, all media included about 11Megs Zipped.

If you wanna help, I need it in the file basenew.dbpro. Or technically the DBA, but you know.

I made my emitter and turned on detail mapping. I now get the texture, but am having some probs:

1. The texture has black corners, those need to be transparent.
2. I need to find a way to go through every 50 cycles and kill any existing emitters to conserve resources. That will use sparkdeltimer#, but I run into problems when firing/deleting the same emitter. Workaround?
3. If you fire rapidly, or just make a lot of emitters, the program crashes with a warning: "Write(something) still acquired. Skipped procedure to avoid a deadlock." I assume too many of the same object...?
4. What happened to my emitter GRAVITY? There ARE collisions, but try shooting a wall.
5. The emitters need to emit a bunch of sparks at first, and no more. Right now they continuously fire... any way to get them to not do this?

Thanks much for any input or help.

Remeber, it's -baseNEW.dbpro-, NOT -BASE.dbpro.-
Space Fractal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2007 16:19
Some Venchile Requests:
- Cylinder support (wheels)

- Venchile support, just using dark basic objects (box(es) and cylinders). I could never get that it to work last year.

- PowerSlices as some also requested.

http://www.PlayITgame.org

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 09:29:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 09:29:48