Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / story vline Rpg

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 16:32
am i right in thinkin that when you program the story line into an RPG you should start at the end and work to the start coz otherwise you'll have to go through the whole story line if you want to test the latest bit you programed. am i right
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 17:12
Half right - at some point you'll have to start at the start and end at the end, although starting at the end and finishing at the start can be useful at times.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 17:56
Start with the start, end with the end, play it through, then you'll notice mistakes throught the game. Then you can fix the mistakes. Well atleast thats how i look at it.

-Eric

I always win don't you know that?
Programming RPG games in Dark Basic
Since 1999.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 20:07
Of course when making a game you can just add temporary lines like "goto area2" as a first line to test different areas, so in that sense it doesn't really matter. As projects often improve with quality as you go on, it may be wiser to start at the beginning, you don't want ppl to get dissapointed as they play through, rather be plesantly surprised the further they play

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 20:09
clever i thick itry that
thx
kanga
crystal

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 18:10:22