Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / EXAMS SUCK : (

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 20:17
I've just finish the first day of my GCSE year 10 moks and they suck sooo much . I was just wonder if any of you have any bad/good exam experience

crystal
kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 20:21
Starting next week .
Better start learning.....

Kevil

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 20:34
My A-levels start in a month, im looking forward University next year

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 21:20
" I've just finish the first day of my GCSE year 10 moks and they suck sooo much . I was just wonder if any of you have any bad/good exam experience"

I have the REAL GCSEs in two weeks, and then I have exams the year after, and the year after. Isn't Britain's educational system great

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 21:29
Snap, exams om thursday - German listening.

Ok, back to coursework, 5 days 5 reports, possible?

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Dark Mecha
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont have GCSE moks we have our real GCSE's after 1/2 term and they should be ok and i am quite brainy i suppose but i dont see the point of learning crap stuff like if y is inversly proporotional to the square of x and when y is 50 x is 3 work out the equation?

I DO NOT EXIST
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 21:44
We have mocks in year 11.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 21:49
I have my Leaving Certificate in 3 weeks - the equivalent of the GCSE. Bit of A-level standard thrown in as well

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 21:51
my school is scrud up so half my moks are now and half at christmas. any way good luck to all of you my brother is doing AS so from him i know how you guy feel. good luck you'll all do fine

crystal

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 22:27
I hate exams . I've got an AS math mechanics exam on monday, arrg!

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 22:32
"I dont have GCSE moks we have our real GCSE's after 1/2 term and they should be ok and i am quite brainy i suppose but i dont see the point of learning crap stuff like if y is inversly proporotional to the square of x and when y is 50 x is 3 work out the equation?"

GCSE "mocks" you mean?

BTW. How comes you have your mocks in the Summer? My mock exams were in the Spring.

If you thought that the maths snippet you mentioned was fun, enjoy yourself if you do the subject for A-Level. I am doing a maths extension paper along with my GCSEs (which is effectively the A-Level P1 Paper), the geometry moves from just straight lines to dealing with curves, then everything gets a whole lot more interesting

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 23:53
I HATE EXAMS

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 00:38
Funniest thing ever was Computer science degree finals. Most amusing. Annoyingly I was seriously off the planet at the time, so revision was not on my mind. Max total revision I did for one course was about a couple of hours the night before (I was really really not into work at the time).

Anyhows, I did have some insight into one of the courses. Basically I discovered that every single year since like 1986 (nearly a decade at the time) had a question in the exam worth like 40% of the total exam. Ace that question (40% was a pass mark for the exam) and you could pretty much guess the rest to get a reasonable mark. This would be fine apart from it was a huge flow diagram type effort with loads of stuff in it and deserved quite a bit to remember. The question *always* asked you to reproduce this diagram. That was it.

I revise enough to basically have the diagram in my head for a very short time (around an hour or two revision with extreme last minute memory efforts outside the exam hall). As soon as I sat down and the exam started I basically didn't even bother opening the exam, but drew the diagram on an empty piece of paper. Took me around 3/4 of an hour in the end (half of the exam time). But it was perfect. I knew I had not missed anything. Ahahahaha!!!!

Then I opened the exam. And the first question was not about the flow chart. It was the flow chart. Exactly the same as the one I had drawn. Exactly the same.... erm...... Turned out this year they had decided that you explain what each of the 50 or so nodes of the diagram meant. Oh dear. Totally guessed obviously. Hadn't learnt anything else, and only went to one lecture out of 10. Heh. Hell, it's what you go to University for And if your coursework is good enough (like mine) then no probs.

Funniest thing I ever saw was a friend of mine lasting about 5 mins in one exam, before falling asleep and snoring his head off for a while. Excellent.

Oh apart from that, I missed 3 of my GCSEs because of lazyness, and missed my first statistics (part of CS degree) xmas time exam because I didn't wake up in time (ran through the campus in a T-shirt in december... brr....).

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 23:37:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 23:37:39