Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / exporting to .x adds extra frames to animations !! why??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have an object i made in Milkshape3D and it has a walking animation of only 13 frames...

when i export the object to .x format the frames total is 2050 frames instead of 13 frames!??

How do i fix this problem? thanks in advanced!!

-VeNoM
JAT
Years of Service
User Offline
It may be you need to change some exporting options. My memory's fuzzy on how I named things (I wrote the JT .x exporter), but there's one that interpolates matrix keys between your key frames that you can turn off (if it's on--I think by default its not). It was there for systems that don't interpolate key frames. Instead of matrices you should be able to use the translations and rotations which also are options. Or could you just be confused about the gaps in the key frame numbers in the file? I used the DXSDK tiny.x sample as my convention for timing, which assumes a much higher resolution on timing.

-John

John Thompson
http://www.jtgame.com/jtedit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 20:45:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 20:45:06