Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I hate braces!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 20:55
I had my brace given back to me the other day, after I broke it a month ago ... and it's worse than when I first got it. You can't talk, you slobber and can't eat anything harder than soaked weetabix, and it hurts like hell! My jaw feels like its gonna fall out.
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 21:54
Oh honestly, yes its like that in the first two weeks (it hurts like hell!) but it is fine afterwards. If you wear in 24/7 like you are supposed to it isn't a problem, I know from experience.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
AGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 22:49
Just out of intrest how did you brake it And was it an "acident" or a real acident

There's no game made for you except the one's made your self
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 23:30
I had to wear braces for FOUR YEARS. That meant no PR work for a while, but it was cool, gave me time to re-image

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 00:52 Edited at: 14th May 2003 00:53
I kept taking it in and out with my toungue, its a removable one and I had it for 4 months before it broke. I knew it would break if I did that, but it was a habit i'm trying not to get into again (they charge £50 for the second time ).

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:27
I had a really small brace for about 6 months when I was a teenager. Was only a palette thing on the top of my mouth, with 2 wires coming out of it. But god it got scanky with food and stuff.

Heh, at the time the dentist took an impression of the top of my mouth using putty stuff. After it set he went to take it out. He pulled, my teeth creaked (!!!!), he really yanked, my teeth creaked (!!!!!!!!), he gave one last yank, and it came out. Along with one of my teeth. So he then had to do it again. Totally humourless complete w**ker that bloke....

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:30
i never had a brace, the dentist once offered my one but i turned it down and my teeth are doin just fine... well sort of, they could be whiter, but i blame it on their natural colour.
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:35
Some people like green Heh, sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh, and try the whitening toothpaste. They are not bad. And the whitening gum. Tends to work. Trust me, after giving up ciggies I did the gambit of whitening products, and some work after a while.

Cheers

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:54
The only thing that I really detested was the blue putty like substance which they ram into your mouth in order to make the mould.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 02:01
Mine was pink, if I remember rightly. Smarmy expensive failed quacks.....

Cheers

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 04:40
Ugh I got my braces on last wednesday! The eating is coming better though, but man on thursday I could eat NOTHING! One of these is rubbing against my gums and the wax keeps falling off. Eh Ill just have to deal with it, makes the gums tougher so it wont happen any more.

Lol I read this right as I was getting bugged by that brace and I was like "SO DO I!!"

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Starting from scratch, TOTAL REHAUL!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 19:21
Yeah, it's a lot better today, I had hardly any problem with the actual talking and eating this time, I guess I'm used to it, but my front tooth still hurts. The wire which goes right round the front teeth is pushing on that tooth so it hurts like crazy.

I also think I'm meant to clean it after every meal, but I just leave it cos I can't be bothered, then I wash the remaining breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks off at the end of the day, mmmm!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 23:16 Edited at: 14th May 2003 23:24
I just brush in the morning and after noon and make sure i get the bigger chunks of food out after meals

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 23:41
Yeah, like rice (mmmm... curry )

Shady Simpson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 19:36
I had my braces out about 4 months ago and I need to wear a night brace for 2 more months to make sure that they don't go back or something. They weren't that bad when I had them in, the dread of having them was the worst.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 20:12
The 4 teeth I had to have out before they gave me the braces was the worst part, apparently the injections are meant to numb the pain !

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 12:18 Edited at: 16th May 2003 12:18
I saw this orthodontist who said my jaw needed to be broken and reconstructed to fix my teeth but naturally I wasn't very fond of that idea so I saw a different guy and after wearing braces for a year my teeth were perfect. If I ever find that original bloke, I'm going to break his jaw for trying to rip me off.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Puzzler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 21:01 Edited at: 16th May 2003 21:06
I've had them- removable and permanent- for the last four years. I've broken each of them at least once: lucky they're on the NHS!

Piecing together the puzzle of Dark Basic- Puzzler

AMD Athlon 500 MHZ (393216K), NVidia TNT, Windows XP Professional Edition

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:55:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 04:55:02