Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / WOOO!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 21:20
Err...hi all!

I've just finished my SATS, which explains why I haven't been only lately, no time for good ol' DB ().

So I'm reannouncing my n00bish return!

Erm...so...what have I missed?
DarkBASIC Professional is the best programming utility.
8/10 Housewives agree!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 21:22
SATS are so stupid, they do nothing, just make the school look good if you get a good mark.

Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 21:25
yeah but they are a big deal when you do them there the biggst exams opf your life so for. (well until next year) well done DAZ

crystal

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
AGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 23:56
I agree sat's are there so the teacher's can send the marking of to someone else so they can have a rest lazy

There's no game made for you except the one's made your self
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 14:56
Welcome back m8.

Don't worry about the result, SATS count for nuttin DB will see you much further in the future

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Daz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 22:27
Too right there, aren't they abolishing the SATS?

DarkBASIC Professional is the best programming utility.
8/10 Housewives agree!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 22:57
wow, some bad advice posted here...SAT's are the most defining test you'll take for a very long time, and they are a very good judge of your aptitude and intelligence.

And SAT's aren't linked to the school at all and have very little to do with your formal education, it's your way of thinking. SAT's also have very little to do with public teachers, wrong wrong wrong.

It would also be nice if you've taken them before you comment.

Darken the skies, we are god
http://www.DelvarWorld.com
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 11:19 Edited at: 17th May 2003 11:25
Hmm Ok Quoth maybe in the States SATS are different to here, But I live in the UK and I have taken , and marked MANY SATS and practice SATS for all the relevant ages, year 9, year 6 year 5 year 4 and they are utterly ridiculous, a waste of the kids and the teacher's time. The only real purpose they seem to serve is to make leaderboards between schools and teachers, and cause a whole load of undue stress. They don't follow the curriculum for GCSEs they don't take a fair view of the real skill, knowledge and intelligence of the child and they certainly don't count diddly squat towards any of the important exams. All schools I have had any professional involvment in largely ignore the results and only really do them because they are compulsory. J4 is important. GCSEs are important. A level and any higher education grades are important. SATS are a waste of time, and anyone in the education sector knows it - just not the b***rds that run the education authorities, who've largely never worked in schools in the first place!

(And for those who are wondering why a 21 year old guy would have so much invoplvement with SATS my family are all teachers so I help marking practice papers for years and then I was refered to Shire Hall and helped them too.)

[edit] To any1 yet to do them, I'm not saying don't try. You may find that good grades mean your teachers will decide to put you in a higher group in your class which wil enable those who are capable to recieve higher grades. Also good grades will make your parents give you stuff But don't loose any sleep over them, because a year or so down the line, SATS have no power to affect your life at all. No college or University will check your SAT scores, so chill, relax, go buy a GCSE textbook and study that instead, leisurely in your wn time, you've got another 2 years to practice for those

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 01:32
I didn't bother with any exams other than the proper ones, If your teacher is even half decent then they should know your ability without test scores.

Also I can't agree on testing people who are in primary school (under 11 years old) and at that age I wouldn't have done the tests. People that age should not have to worry about tests.

A tip for exams is to write neat, I heard several exam markers admit to marking people down if they didn't think the writing was neat enough.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 03:06
"I didn't bother with any exams other than the proper ones, If your teacher is even half decent then they should know your ability without test scores. Also I can't agree on testing people who are in primary school (under 11 years old) and at that age I wouldn't have done the tests. People that age should not have to worry about tests."

Exactly

"I heard several exam markers admit to marking people down if they didn't think the writing was neat enough."

Not officially, but if you can't read it, you can't mark it

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:08:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 04:08:54