Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Raven's guide to forum arguing

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 22:41 Edited at: 14th May 2003 22:42
(Sorry cheap pot shot, I know)

http://www.natural-selection.org/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=10&t=31491

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 22:59
wouldn't it have to be written by me to be a guide from me?

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 23:13
Not always - could be a ghost writer...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:33
You have an alternate personality that only activates when your normal personality is asleep. And look at the stuff he's writing! I'd seek help

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:45
lol raven how many posts have ur name in them
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:51
Thats some pretty good advice!

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:51
wow I'm glad I didn't read that all the way through

Darken the skies, we are god
http://www.DelvarWorld.com
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 01:22
i don't know... i think there are a few obsessed weirdos on this forum

all of the advice given (if you read it all the way through) is actually typical women tactics ... i'll give odds on that it is a girlie who wrote it

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 01:40
Yes Raven, but you use most of those tactics on a regular basis.

" i'll give odds on that it is a girlie who wrote it "

Actually come to think of it...

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 02:08
actually i always wonder about point No.16 ..
heh!

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 03:17
yeah i'm sure i do use most of these tactics
thing is though Rob tell me an arugment you've been in where you CAN'T apply any of those guidelines to how you've argued?
they cover everything, i'd be impossible not to - unless you were just doing "is not" and "are too" childish arugeing.

and when the hell was being Stuborn something that was a tool in an arguement? i'm stubborn as hell, its a personality trait - i don't use it just to win arguement ... infact it is hard to actually stop from writing things sometimes against my stubborn nature. it ain't not tool its a damn'd bane in the wrong circumstances.

not to be funny but sometimes just have to grow up, turning into another simple ... a pure smartass, who after i've done something to go against you feels you've gotta make comments and attacks.
if you can't have discussions about things believeing there might be more than one option then don't participate in them.

ya know i've always wondered, i never attack anyone cept somehow i know i'll be made out as the bad guy in a tiff with anyone - so i'm sure someone will explain to me how the hell that works.
or even how you can't just bloody disagree with someone around here without them getting all pissy about it.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 04:34
I win my arguments by agreeing to disagree with the people who disagreed agreeing with me

"Man who looses key to woman's appartment...... He get no nookie" - A wise chinese man.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 07:12
lol i believe thats generally how it works mate

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 12:45
Calm down Raven, honestly, how would you ever cope if you became a father

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 22:25
what exactly does that have to do with anything?

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 23:03 Edited at: 15th May 2003 23:03
Tolerance is a virtue

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 01:40
raven i think ur always made the bad guy because u always have something to say... like you said, your stubborness wont let you stop typing and is a bane, and so you end up typing things which just bring more people against you. On top of that, most people here, for reasons of jealousy, or disbelief in your claimed abilities, dont really believe what you say, and so to them whenever you say something it annoys them. I know its a sad world, but all humans are natural competetors and i think it comes down to that. you seem to get by though, and by the number of threads with your name ur coming quite the db celebrity
Starlight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 03:48
Can someone explain to me why everyone is taking the piss out of Raven?

Seems silly to me, why can't people just get on?

That was a really good article by the way. Take note of the most important comment at the end about humor...

Life is like surfing in the ocean, one minute you are on the crest of a wave, the next you are caught in the trough...
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 06:28
Because he does to them

It's all in the pseudo-friendly DB forum circle of bytes

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 08:39
i don't take the piss outta anyone
simply crush thier spirit into a bloody lil pulp and then kick 'em a few times whilst thier down maybe, but i don't take the piss

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 17:17 Edited at: 16th May 2003 17:18
"simply crush thier spirit into a bloody lil pulp and then kick 'em a few times whilst thier down maybe, but i don't take the piss"

As you can see, his anger management therapy is progressing well...

"disbelief in your claimed abilities,"

The trouble is Manic, Raven claims to be working on a lot of things, but I haven't yet seen any more than a few models and a couple of anime-style images out of him. Whem the goods start rolling out, people will have more faith in him.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 17:58
I don't want to take anyone's side but really Rob K,you obviously haven't been here long enough to impartially judge Raven nor anyone else...I could name a few models he's given away as much as what he's shown in the past...Before people started using him as either a shield or a target.

Caught by the Fuzz,well I was,still on my buzz
In the back of the Van,with my,head in my hands
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 18:13
I've been watching him for quite a while and haven't seen a thing. Not making any judgments of course... nobody's ever seen anything good come from my direction either

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 18:39
"I don't want to take anyone's side but really Rob K,you obviously haven't been here long enough to impartially judge Raven nor anyone else..."

I've been on the DBPro forums since only 20 days after you joined, and DBC way before that. That is over 6 months on Apollo alone I had a different name back then though (first AtomicX, then Darth Shader, and now my real name)

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 21:30 Edited at: 16th May 2003 21:31
I'm here since 1999...

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 22:26
[Nghgh... nghghg... the temptation to make a nasty comment about actarus' use of grammar is very strong....keep calm! don't say anything!]

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2003 23:47 Edited at: 17th May 2003 00:24
-about actarus' use of grammar

Ironically this should've read 'Actarus's use' which makes no wonder as to why you didn't...ha!

I still stand by the fact that you come from no place to judge someone...If you think you do,then do not lose hope there's help available for you!

BTW you can make that comment if you want.It's not as if you didn't cheap pot-shotted anyone else today so why not take it on someone speaking another language now..no?

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 00:28 Edited at: 17th May 2003 00:32
-nobody's ever seen anything good come from my direction either

Don't worry about that,respect isn't something you buy with candies...Neither with a big mouth like our friend Rob here though.

Have a good weekend anyways...Dunno why I even bother but...

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 01:23 Edited at: 17th May 2003 01:24
"Ironically this should've read 'Actarus's use' which makes no wonder as to why you didn't...ha!"

No it shouldn't have. If the last letter of the word which is the possessor ends in an 's', no extra 's' is needed (Actarus's is impossible to pronounce, it sounds like Actarus is plural (that would be Actaruses)):

Jesus' followers.
Actarus' profile.

Given the original topic, I can think of an excellent come-back here which I have left myself open to.

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 01:44 Edited at: 17th May 2003 01:44
Solidz'z Snake

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 01:54
Rob i've been parts of quite alot of the major software released around here ... remember just because someone's name isn't on the front door doesn't mean they don't live there
for those i help i'm reknown for not caring if they credit me or not, i'm just happy to help out.

so perhaps my personal portfolio around here maybe a little on the bare side, but that doesn't mean i've not done alot around here.
that said, i've still released more than the adverage, not so much in full programs but as part of snippets, explainations & other help on howto achieve what people want.

the way i see if you want to dislike me cause i constantly decide not to release things i'm personally working on then thats fair enough, but then i hate to release things which are not to a level which i personally would want to use it. I don't get all gussy with pride that i can actually achieve something - i show once i have something i feel is worth actually showing, simple as that really.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 02:37
Fair enough... I suppose its better than releasing the Myth of Kati (RGT joke, there was an App. Showcase entry with an untextured sphere on a matrix).

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 03:32
that was here too... dont be cruel i thought it was rather impressive... there was a menu too.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 17:11
OK. It was a sphere on a matrix with a box and some text. You might be able to submit it for the Turner Art Prize, but it isn't a game

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 17:52
lol i know... i was j/k. i think it was even placed in the progamr announcements rather than beta. was it real or just a hoax?
Starlight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 20:58
I have not been on these forums that long.
But what I have seen is that Raven's posting are quite informative and he has never taken the piss out of anyone.

Life is like surfing in the ocean, one minute you are on the crest of a wave, the next you are caught in the trough...
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 21:05
lol starlight, the actual topic of this post died years ago. but thx for that anyway. im sure raven greatly appreciated it

uk.geocities.com/maniacimagine check it out. ill soon be formally opening it.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2003 21:21
"I have not been on these forums that long."

... explains why you posted ...

"But what I have seen is that Raven's posting are quite informative and he has never taken the piss out of anyone"

j/k

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 02:40
"But what I have seen is that Raven's posting are quite informative and he has never taken the piss out of anyone"

Stick around and ye shall be enlightened

We all have our bad days of course...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 07:06:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 07:06:45