Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / annoying problem with Set Camera FOV

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 23:49
im using Set Camera FOV to create a sniper rifle effect in my new game, but the problem im having is that when the camera is zoomed in, if you aim the camera angle anywhere above the center of the screen (e.g. looking straight ahead over the matrix) it jumps down and points at the floor!

is there something i should be doing to stop this?

btw, im using the code in the box for the camera angles
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:03
Try and replace that code with:

The problem was that the axii you went by were wrong, the y-axis controls left-right rotation, the x-axis controls up-down rotation, and the z-axis controls rolling left-right.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:10
ill try it, thanks (give me 5 minutes to check it)

sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:18
that helped fix it a little bit, but there is something else causing it to do this as well.

to make the camera movement smoother, i am trying to make the program divide the angle it increases by with the angle the camera is zoomed in

e.g.
YRotate Camera cay#/12
XRotate Camera cax#/12

but this is causing the problem i said earlier. how can i make the camera smoother like this without the problem?

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:37
You could put a maximum value on the amount cay# and cax# can rotate.
Something like:

Maybe change the 15 to a different value, depends on the speed you want.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 00:43
thanks, ill try it and reply sumtime tomorrow

sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 12:52
this is annoying me now
the camera works fine when i adjust the FOV, except that it jumps rather than moves, meaning the only way to aim (its an fps) at an enemy is if they happen to be stood on one of the EXACT spots the camera jumps to!

ive tried dividing the rotate camera by 12 (because thats how far the fov is zoomed in from the original) which does work, in that it makes the camera move smooth, except when the camera points anywhere above the half way point on the screen, it jumps down and looks at the floor (meaning you can only aim at things that are lower than you)

does anybody know how to fix this, ive tried everything i can think to do with dividing the numbers in different ways, in different orders and even tried without wrapvalue() (which just makes the camera spin 360 when you try and move it)

PLEASE HELP ME!

sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 15:29
should i accept defeat and remove the sniper view from my game? (id rather no sniper view than one that depends on pot luck)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 09:40:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 09:40:25