Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlueIDE v2.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 01:40 Edited at: 25th May 2007 17:01
* NEW BETA RELEASE *
BlueIDE v2.0 (Beta Release 6)

Download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/blueide/

Current release changes:

Contributors:
Balid (project admin)
Olby
GenlyAi

Screen-Shot:

(scroll down to see the actual discussion about current problems, latest fixes and feature requests)

AMD Sempron 1.8+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP Pro SP2, DirectX 9.0c (Feb2007), DBPro 6.6b
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 03:01
Wow an update for my favorite IDE. I like it!

One bug I've seen that some people undoubtedly see as "losing code", is if I make some changes in the code, compile/run it, then click the X to close the IDE, sometimes it does not prompt me to save the changes. I'll try to iron out the specific steps to get it to happen everytime.

I would like to see a syntax highlight color for your own functions. I asked RobK about it and he seemed to think it would be a lot of work to customize the syntax highlighter thing, but who knows maybe you can find a way.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, it would be nice if you could point me at "loosing code" bug step by step.

For now I cant say anything about user function syntax highlighting, lets for now fix those small irritating bugs then go further (if I will) to new stuff.

AMD Sempron 1.8+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP Pro SP2, DirectX 9.0c (Feb2007), DBPro 6.6b
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 05:09
Olby,

Great idea. I started revamping my version about a year ago and have made several fixes and additions. To include a user function case correction (not quite the highlighting like tiresius is talking about but something close to what the VB IDE does). I've also changed the Function/Label/Types/... list box to a tree view that still retains the ability to click on a function or label and goto that line (currently only works within the selected tab). I've also added the option have the two side panel drift out of view when not in use.

I'd be glad to share what I've done so far. Let me know.

BALID

{I hope that worked. My server is down and needed someplace to host these pics.}

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 06:45
Bug is easier to reproduce than I thought.

Basically you load up a project, make a change to the code. Hit F5 (to compile & run). After you exit your game, click the X to close BlueIDE. It doesn't prompt you to save changes.

It does prompt you to save changes if you exit without running the program.

I have BlueIDE 1.01 according to Help.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 14:49
@tiresius

How about this?

It doesn't fix the bug, but you'll lose less code this way. Just an idea.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 18:12
Hey Balid,

That's a nice feature. I'll look into it (unless it's part of the new enhanced BlueIDE I don't hav yet). I usually like to bang out a bunch of code and only save the project if everything works. If it doesn't or something goes horribly wrong, I just exit BlueIDE and go back in with my fresh "working" copy.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:53
@tiresius

I think you also have that option. Look under "Tools/IDE Preferences".

I tend to save my latest working version into a "do not touch" or "previous working version" folder so if something happens to the source that I am working on then I can at least go back to it.

I poked around in the source but I have not found what is causing that situation.

@Olby,

If I find it, I will let you know.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
@Balid - Nice to see how much you have done already for Blue!

I will try to solve any problems when they will be reported but it look likes no one uses BlueIDE anymore because response is minimal.

Anyway if you could send me your version Ill try to merge them together with my new interface.

Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 03:20
Only just saw this thread. I love Blue and have been using it for roughly two years now. AGE is made in it and everything. The only things that I can think of involve the clipboard.

1. If you copy when you have no text selected then whatever you had copied is replaced by nothingness.
2. You can't use the clipboard at all while using an application that you've just compiled. No fun when dealing with IP addresses!

I'll post anything else that I remember.

Oh also, the project organisation thing doesn't let me remove my entries.

You are not alone.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 04:45
@Olby,

Get any screenshots of your new interface?

I'll send you a zip file of my changes. There's some comments but as I did not expect anyone else to see my code they may not be too helpful to you. I did try and mark all of the lines that I added. I may have just deleted Rob's code that I changed though.

Here is list of the modifications that I made.

1. Re-orginized the panels
2. Control + h opens the "Find & Replace" dialog
3. Auto complete for () and "" (type the first and the second is automatically added)
4. Case correction for user functions
5. Place cursor over function or label, press shift + F2, and go to that function or label (on or off active tab)
6. Resized QuickCode form and added an edit option (don't remember if original had that option) [want to add option to reorganize list]
7. Added the tree view for functions, labels, types, variables and bookmarks (currently only functions and labels work. I use that functionality the most, the others not so much)
8. Made the Help in the right tabbed section wider (easier to read)
9. Added option to have side panels move out of view when not used (some issues when resizing window with right panel hidden)
10. Made the compiling form wider and a little easier to see errors without have to scroll so much.

I would like to thank Robert Knight again for this great editor and for making the source public. Though there are things that I've changed, I've really enjoyed the overall editor, and have learned a few coding tricks along the way.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 05:30
Quote: "I will try to solve any problems when they will be reported but it look likes no one uses BlueIDE anymore because response is minimal."

BlueIDE enhancements are about a year too late (unless you prefer Blue, like I do). Unfortunately everybody has jumped on the CodeSurge bandwagon.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 05:55
Quote: "BlueIDE enhancements are about a year too late (unless you prefer Blue, like I do). Unfortunately everybody has jumped on the CodeSurge bandwagon."

I agree. CodeSurge is a good editor, I just really prefer Blue (probably because I change whatever I want if I really don't like it).

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 15:46 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 15:49
@Balid - Very good, check your mail I just sent you an email.

@tiresius - Yes, I agree CodeSurge is very good IDE, BUT it lacks a lot of features that BlueIDE has, so why would I work with an IDE that does not satisfy all my coding needs?

Anyway I hope we can cooperate and share our sources so that everyone can use latest version of BlueIDE possible.

Cheers,
Olby

Juso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 17:04 Edited at: 3rd May 2007 19:03
[mistake]
GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 19:03
Great idea, I think there are a lot of possibilities to grow this editor.
I would like to create an external plugin to emulate the 'Option Explicit' during compile time.

I've made only one correction, because I don't know this editor before.
In frmMain.RefreshSourceInfo:

Infact, if in my source I wrote:

the editor show a variable myVaras instead myVar (because it removes tab between myVar and as, then check.

PS: I apologize for my english, I hope it's all understandable.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 23:01 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 23:05
Quote: "I would like to create an external plugin to emulate the 'Option Explicit' during compile time.
"

I thought about that too, but to have it active as you type (again similar VB IDE)

[edit]
@Olby,
Checking now.
[/edit]

GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 01:32
Quote: "Quote: "I would like to create an external plugin to emulate the 'Option Explicit' during compile time.
"

I thought about that too, but to have it active as you type (again similar VB IDE)
"

Why? In VB IDE (VB6) the check are made only during compile time. I think it's better because I often use a variable while I'm writing a piece of code, then I declare it.

I made another upgrade. I have rewritten the codelist autocompletion routine. It's a medium change, so it's not easy to publish.
With my changes codelist are populated with keywords, functions and variables, also keywords that have between some space chars. When you select a keyword in codelist, entire keyword under cursor are replaced and not only one word.
There are 3 possibilities to populate codelist: all possible keywords, selected the keyword that better matches old selection (this is the method that i prefer), only keywords that start with the same old selection, old method with all keyword that contain the old selection. To choose, you have to modify 3 lines in frmMain.code_CodeList (there are some comment).
I hope this is understandable.

First, I've added a declaration in frmMain:

immediately under the same declaration for CodeListColStart.

Then I've replaced frmMain.code_CodeList (sorry but there are a lot of changes, too difficult to report all changes).

Then, in frmMain.code_CodeListSelMade I've changed only one line:

changed in

Last change, in mcodecense I've added a declaration:

and this piece of code immediately before: frmKeywords.Hide

That's all (I hope).

Obviously can be a lot of bugs, but I hope no.

PS: Some people with experiences of working with CVS? It could be a good idea, or not?
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 05:53 Edited at: 5th Apr 2007 06:11
Quote: "Why? In VB IDE (VB6) the check are made only during compile time. "

Sorry, your right. I was thinking of something else.

@GenlyAi,

I really like what you've done to the codelist autocompletion routine. I'm going to try and an add it to my version.

I use CVS a lot at work. It's a great way to offer the latest version and is a good idea. I think that it would also be good to know what function/subroutine someone is working on to make sure that people are not making conflicting changes to the same piece of code (which CVS would not prevent, though I do not foresee there being too many people working on this to be an issue).

GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 11:35
I definitively work around plugin that implements 'Option explicit' before compilation because without this option I 'm not able to create more than 20-30 lines of code without errors.
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 20:49 Edited at: 5th Apr 2007 20:49
@Balid - Thanks I received your version. I will take a look at it right now!

It looks like we might need something like CVS because there are already 3 persons who have something to contribute to BlueIDE, but unfortunately I am not that good at VB to control this project, so maybe you, Balid, can control it, so that anything we make are directly updated in your version and you upload it to somewhere.

What do you think?

I have already very nice plans for a completely rewritten from scratch "Media Browser" and other cosmetic changes, as you can see I am more into design rather than hardcore underground coding.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 21:30
@Olby,

I'd be glad to help control the flow of improvements being added and released to reduce coding conflicts. But I would only be able do that part time.

We would need some place to host the code as I don't believe that I will be running a server again any time soon. I know there are some free placing that should work but aren't quiet CVS. Let's see how this progresses to see if we really do need something more like CVS. Overall, I think that communication between those involved in the upgrades is more important then a tool like CVS.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, we probably can get into contact with RobK and see if he can give us the access for his original SourceForge site, so we wont be in need for a new web space.

As for the source, I just started modifying it and for now I have added new tool bar, fixed various small interface cr*p, and more.

I'll be looking into new MediaBrowser too so that we can have also open-source DBPro media browser.

But I have life outside my comp and I am on huge FPS engine project right now, might schedule is quite tight so don't be expecting thunder fast responses for me. Hehe I am quite lazy too!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 04:55
@tiresius
I found the bug you talked about. Here is the fix.
Replace this:

With:

At the bottom of the "SaveProjectFile" subroutine of frmMain.

That is if you want to or can edit your source.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 07:42
Hi Balid-

Thanks for finding the fix. I'm afraid I'm not a VB programmer so I won't be futzing with the source. I'm glad you guys are improving the code. I look forward to BlueIDE 2.0 let me know if you want me to beta test one of the release candidates.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay guys I want to warn you to not make any HUGE changes in your sources until I release my version (which I improved upon what Balid sent me yesterday), because today I made LOTS of changes so we can take this as the base for BlueIDE 2 make some additional fixes and release this to beat CodeSurge.

@Balid - I could not transport all changes from my version to yours code because I didn't kept a list of them so I changed only what I remembered from my head.

I'll try to manage and upload my updated version tonight and see If some of you can find any additional problems or maybe you just wont like something I changed (for example a completely redesigned help window).

Till tonight...

All the best,
Olby

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 01:06
@Olby,

Sounds good. I've been working on improving the tree view (I've made alot of head way today. I think a redesigned help window is a good idea.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Ugh, I cant release it tonight something just happened and there are few thing that just broke. I cant understand why I didn't change anything specific, but the code still seems to be broken. Eh probably sleep loss is getting in the way...

Anyway, Balid, do you know anyway I can set a window to be always on top of others?

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 02:09
@Olby,

I know of a couple of ways. It kind of depends on why you want the window or form always on top.

What is the error that you are getting?

I look forward to seeing your version of the interface.

@tiresius,

Sorry, my post was cut short. I was thinking about sending you my latest version to test.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 04:10
Sure I can test it. Should I wait until the base version is complete? My email should be below from the button.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 02:26 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 02:28
@tiresius,

You can if you want. Here's a screenie of what I did with the treeView.

The green marks are for types/variables that are in the currently selected tab, the blue ones are for those that are on other open tabs (includes). The variables are also color coded. Green for local variables, dark green for local arrays, blue for global variables and dark blue global arrays.

I've also added an option window for the treeView to see only local information or for all open includes (tabs).

I'm currently working on making the side panels adjustable and then I want to work on speeding up the treeView (it lags abit with all of open includes.

[edit] Sorry, but I see that the color coding is hard to see in the screenshot. Oh well, I think you get the point.[/edit]

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 03:10
That looks cool!

A small niggle of a problem I remember with original BlueIDE was that I had to click in the Text box (the actual source code) in order for the list of functions/variables to update. It would be nice if all I had to do was click on the tab itself, not sure if you can add that in.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:28 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 06:44
@tiresius,

Quote: "A small niggle of a problem I remember with original BlueIDE was that I had to click in the Text box (the actual source code) in order for the list of functions/variables to update. It would be nice if all I had to do was click on the tab itself, not sure if you can add that in."

Already done. I didn't like that either. I do believe that there was/is an option to "Automaticly Refresh List", but I think it was a little buggy so I fixed it to work the way I like. Which sounds like the way you would like as well.

Anyway, if you'd be interested in my version just let me know. I know Olby is working on a new interface but if you wanted to work with something that already has some of the bugs fixed, I can send you or attach my version here.

I'm kind of thinking about calling my version "Indigo" as in "Dark Blue" IDE. Just a thought, I thought it would serve as a why to tell the versions a part.

[edit] @Kohaku,
I think that the clipboard and coping issue may be in "Code Sense" and I may not be able to fix it. But I will defidently be looking a lot closer at the copying of blank strings, I have been bit once or twice myself.

In regards to
Quote: "Oh also, the project organisation thing doesn't let me remove my entries."

Is it just the "To-Do" tab giving you problems? If so, I've fixed that in my version.
[/edit]

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 06:48
Sure I'll take a look at your version. I assume you and Olby are eventually going to merge your stuff together?

You can email me a link to it or post it here, same difference.

And if you have any spare time, could you look into the syntax highlighting portion of BlueIDE, and see what it would take to have a separate color to highlight your own functions? That would be the BEE'S KNEES.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 11:58 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 11:59
@tiresius - Yes I sent my version yesterday to Balid, I think he will be working on it soon.

@Balid - One more thing that I did not managed to do. Could you change BIDEKeywords.ini to someting different for example like this BIDEKeywords.dat so that original IDE (I still use it from time to time) does not duplicate each command in it's code auto completion list (CTRL+SPACE).

Thanks,
Olby

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 14:30
I finished merging my version with Olby's. I wanted to post last night but had trouble with my internet connection.

Here is a screenshot of the new (prerelease) of BlueIDE2.

I've attached the latest version (source and exe). I've include a "System Files" and an "Install" to install all of the needed OCX's. This version sometimes throws an error when exiting.

@Olby - I can not duplicate this error with my version minus your code. Do you get the error with just your code?

Quote: "And if you have any spare time, could you look into the syntax highlighting portion of BlueIDE, and see what it would take to have a separate color to highlight your own functions? That would be the BEE'S KNEES."

@tiresius - yes that would bee. However, I believe that is being handled by "Code Sense" and currently I am going to focus on speeding up my additions to Blue.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
@Balid - If you want I can look into changing user function highlighting, this is very simple, you just have to change mscodesense.bas where it sets default syntax colors. And something happened and now sometimes when I exit Blue crashes, I cant tell what causes this because there were no major changes in the core of Blue that would do this. Maybe it is because of the new OCX?

By the way could you re-attach the code? It looks like there was a problem uploading it to TGC's.

Cheers,
Olby

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 19:20
@Olby,

If you already know where to make the change(s) that would be great.

I will try and re-upload the file when I get home from work. I tried the Java Uploader applet but it told me that the 10MB file was too big (oh well).

As far as the new OCX is concerned. I added it to just my code and I could not duplicate the error. It only seems to happen with our code together. Will look into it more later.

GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 01:05
newbie question?
Why I can't download the source? When I click on download, i have a 0 byte file, with strange name.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 05:35 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 13:35
@GenlyAi - lol. You're not doing anything wrong. Something went wrong when I tried to upload the file earlier.

@Olby - I think I fixed the SHOW/HIDE problem you mentioned earlier.

Here goes try two. Again, there is an "Install.bat" for the needed OCX's.

[edit]well that still didn't work and now the "Uploader applet" won't start. Guess it's back to the long way.[/edit]
[edit2]try this link http://www.flipdrive.com/fileops.php?download=BlueIDE+2.zip I hope that works. [/edit2]
[edit3]nope, need user name and password. [/edit3]

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
@Balid,

Flipdrive requires login & pass. Not quite what I wanted to do right now, but anyway.

Have you tried the simple upload without the Java applet?

GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 13:19 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 13:20
If you want, I've a lot of web space in my site.
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 13:59 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 14:25
@Obly - Yes, twice. Both time it uploads nothing and the applet tells me that my 10MB zip file is too big.
I must have still been logged in when I tested the link.

@GenlyAi - That sounds good. I may just put my server back up (at least for a month or two).

Here is one more try with free file hosting. http://www.mydatabus.com/public/BlueIDE/z/BlueIDE2.zip

GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 01:22 Edited at: 11th Apr 2007 01:32
Balid, I've downloaded your code but unfortunally when I try to edit it I've this message log:
Riga 653: impossibile caricare il controllo prjExeBrowse; licenza non disponibile.
Riga 789: impossibile caricare il controllo butOpenAllIncludes; licenza non disponibile.
Riga 809: impossibile caricare il controllo btnSMainBrowse; licenza non disponibile.
Riga 1192: impossibile caricare il controllo prjOrg; licenza non disponibile.

It seems that btnPlus1 needs a license key in the registry.

[edit]
Ok, I've found the controls from InnovaSys
It works.
[/edit]
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 02:53
@GentlyAi - Interesting. I downloaded the program to a seperate computer, ran the Install.bat and had no problems (at least not like that). I am glad that you where able to download the OCX and got it to work.

FYI, Olby sent me a list of visual problems like the option buttons being all black. I think I may have a fix.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 17:41 Edited at: 11th Apr 2007 17:43
I have the unlicensed buttons OCX issue too. Will try to find it on the Internet - until that I can't modify source because it doesn't allow me to open it.

@Balid - We need to include a new feature that will read compiler's filename from configuration file Launch.cfg located in the root of DBPro's folder. This will allow users to use PRECOMPILERS there are already two of them developed and looks like they are becoming more and more popular. I tried yesterday to use a precompiler with BlueIDE but it has hard coded compiler filename - this will be an easy & quick fix all you (or I if I have time and manage to download that unlicensed OCX) have to do is just replace all hard coded filename values to a variable that stores compiler filename supplied from Launch.cfg file.

Cheers,
Olby

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 19:42
@GenlyAi - Sorry, I miss read your post. I see understand now from Olby's message that the error is when you try to edit the BlueIDE source code. I got the same or similar message on my test computer when I tried. I did not think/or konw that the free OCX's actually needed a license. I see that the compiled EXE still worked as expected.

@Olby - I fixed the visual issues that you mentioned earlier. I was looking at adding more logging to Blue to help with debuging.

I want to at least correct the error on Exit issue before releasing beta 2.

GenlyAi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 23:50 Edited at: 11th Apr 2007 23:54
Ok, i've finished an early version of Option Explicit feature.
I have developed this feature directly in the IDE and not as Plugin, so it's better to debug.
I've attached a file with a new module and a new form. You can insert in the project as is.
Then you have to modify some source:
In frmMain, triggercompile, you have to modify the source:

with

Last change, I've modified the mcodesense, RegisterCustomLanguage:

with

That's all.
Now, if you want to activate the Option Explicit check,you have to add REM OPTION EXPLICIT in Dark Basic Code (position is not important but I usually add this at top of the code.

This is the first version so probably there are bugs or unthinking type of syntax. So, if you experiment strange errors, please refer it.

@Olby: You can download unlicensed controls here: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Programming/ActiveX/Innovasys_Freeware_Controls_Suite_Download.html

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 00:08
@GenlyAi - I'll be sure to but those additions in before beta 2 is released. And thanks for posting the link. I think I will add it to the download so those who want to develop BlueIDU further can do so more easily.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
@GenlyAi - Thanks for the link, mate.

@Balid - I will sort some problems if I manage to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:35:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:35:39