Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / camera jumps from point to point

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 16:09
this is annoying me now
the camera works fine when i adjust the FOV, except that it jumps rather than moves, meaning the only way to aim (its an fps) at an enemy is if they happen to be stood on one of the EXACT spots the camera jumps to!

ive tried dividing the rotate camera by 12 (because thats how far the fov is zoomed in from the original) which does work, in that it makes the camera move smooth, except when the camera points anywhere above the half way point on the screen, it jumps down and looks at the floor (meaning you can only aim at things that are lower than you)

does anybody know how to fix this, ive tried everything i can think to do with dividing the numbers in different ways, in different orders and even tried without wrapvalue() (which just makes the camera spin 360 when you try and move it)

PLEASE HELP ME!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 16:45
Code? Just a small example with cubes/spheres will do.
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 17:55
here you go

sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2003 18:15
if you need more than that then just tell me and i'll upload the ame as it is at the moment, that's the best way i think

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 16:18:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 16:18:45