Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 13:16 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 13:23
Hi all.

Sandbox is here. It's an pure physics game, driven by Dark Physics, with no other rule then to play around and have fun. You are a camera in an room with 104 boxes. It's fully possible to move around... and interact with your environment! Because you have superpowers, and can push or pull the boxes. And more: You can control a big, ugly sphere with the seeker power. All you have to do it to target an object and press any mouse button, and the sphere will move towards it.

Powers:

Push:
You push away an object (if you target an wall or press control while using this power, you will push away the sphere).

Pull:
You pull an object towards you (if you target an wall or press control while using this power, you will pull the sphere towards you).

Seek:
Target an object, and press any mouse button, and the sphere will move towards it.

Controls:
W - move forward
S - move backwards
A - strafe left
D - strafe right
Any mouse button - use the selected power (holding down several mouse buttons will increase the power)
Shift - boost power
1 - select push
2 - select pull
3 - select seek
Backstab - turn on / off gravity

Goal:
None.

Music:
Just put an mp3 file in the music folder callen music, and it will be played in the game .

The game requires the drivers for physX, but not any hardware. The download also includes the full source code, so if you have Dark Physics, you can modify the game all you want.

I hope you enyoy it!

Note:
All the textures come from DarkMatter (except for the one on the the sphere).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 13:21 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 13:22
And here is a scene:

Attachments

LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 23:55 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 23:58
Which key is the 'backstab' key ? Backspace ?

EDIT backstab = backspace

Awesome i had some fun playing with the physics looks kool.
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 03:16
fun

dont hate people who rip you off,cheat and get away with it, learn from them
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 11:59
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. And sorry for that backstab, backspace thing. I thought that was what it was called. Anyway, a new version is ready. There where some things I wanted to change, so now I've done it. These are the changes:

1. When you use an power on an object: The closer it is to the camera (unless you use the seek power) the more force it's affected by.

2. Targeting the floor, the roof or a wall with push / pull will no longer affect the sphere (for this, press control. Then you affect the sphere no matter what object your aming at).

3. Gravity now has three settings: None, down and up. use backspace to scroll between them.

4. You may now change the global friction using page up to increase and page down to decrease.

There are also a small change on the text. Anyway, I hope you like it. Enyoy!

Attachments

Bozzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 20:21
wow, trying out that leads me to an idea:

A kinda handball game penalty shoot out... you have to try and score against a keeper using forces lol... simple stuff eh
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 11:03
Nice idea. If you want to use any code, just use it (but it requires Dark Physics).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 11:10:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 11:10:28