Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / DB Anims Created In Truespace - Union, Glue as Sibling Or Child?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 03:37
I've been learning how to use TrueSpace over the last few weeks and have been concentrating on static objects without animation.

I now want to try my hand at animated characters and I'm not sure which option to use in TrueSpace 5.

Let's say I was creating a simple humanoid figure with boxes like this, (boxes left disjointed for clarity):

There appears to be four different ways to link the objects before saving as a .X file.

1. Just highlight all the objects by clicking on them while holding the Ctrl key before saving the .X file.
2. Use 'Object Union' to merge the objects.
3. Glue as a 'sibling'.
4. Glue as a child.

I'm not sure what the difference is between these options as far as loading into DB V1 is concerned - or which one to use if I intend to make the character 'walk'.

Could someone please explain which is best to use if the animation is to be done in DB and which is best if the animation is to be done in a different program - like Character FX for example?

Thanks...

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 06:38:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 06:38:24