Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / text command over sprites? is it possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 06:36
Hello again. It's me, Drew. Much work has gone on since I last made a post, and now I'm to the point of creating a menu system. I want to create one that is sorta like EverQuest's, but I'm having a problem printing text with the TEXT command over sprites. Is there a certain way to do this or a special line I need to include? Thank you!

Cheers,
Drew
Life is a tale told by an idoit, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - MacBeth
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 13:40
DRAW SPRITES TO BACK should do it
Amadeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 05:53
thank you. I appreciate that.

Life is a tale told by an idoit, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - MacBeth
Amadeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 17:35
actually, that didn't work very well, but I've converted every character in the font to a .bmp and then loaded the images and sprites by declaring a few variables, xpos, ypos, size, color, etc. and then by using subs (gosub print_text) to make new sprites, catalog them and then paste them in the right area. It takes longer, but I think it should work better, because the user won't have to install custom fonts for the game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:00:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:00:29