Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / why is it RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 22:38
okay guy this is an internet forum not a english comp on who can write the longest essay

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 05:04
Heh, Crystal did you get a decent enough ask to your original question before I sidetrack the discution with my pet-peve?

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 06:37
would u go with the flow if u were a suicidal lemming also heading straight for a cliff?

I dont think they actually do that in real life but I think you get the idea.

Opportunity to make something different yet you dont want to buck the system to make a mark for yourself with new insights or something different and new.

baa i say baa

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 07:13
'Different' and 'new' are well and good, but I have little respect or intrest in being different just for the heck of it. There is wisdom in individuality in numbers, but not seperation.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 16:54
you know they actually do indi
in the summertime when they're population is to big they get mad and just jump off cliffs.

personally if i was a lemming i'd relocate to the beach, but its their natural protection against over population - they are they're own natural predator hehee

sometimes i feel those days spent as a student watching Discovery do have their up moments

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 18:50
imagine if one year they added a lot of cushins at the bottom.

next years jump would be twice as big

I still cant believe they suicide in mas numbers, Its got to be an urban myth.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 19:15
lol... i dunno why they do it, maybe they don't like to be in crowds - i had a girlfriend who used to be like that. You'd have more than 5-6 people and she'd just freak out. God knows why.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 20:03
They don't. It's not real. I thought everyone knew that... National Geographic pulled that as a cover story, they chased the lemmings off the cliff. Poor things. It became an urban legend, but they never really ran off by themselves.

Personally I think the reporters should be given a few years in jail . Animal abuse is one thing I will not tolerate.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 21:56
that would go completely against 3 seperate documentaries i've seen on BBC & Discovery which noted that in the summer due to over population they got themselves into frenzies and ended up killing themselves.

Not just by running over cliffs, but by all sorts of means... they quite stupid creatures.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:46
Suicide in mass (mass, not Mass ) ? Yes, that. Running off of cliffs is a totally different thing.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 04:09:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 04:09:36