Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have done some objects in 3DS Max, and export them in 3DS format, then load in DBP, but them don’t bring the textures attached, in fact only one of them bring, and I don’t remember how I have done that!
Anyone know how to work with 3D Studio Max, and export objects with the textures in?
And what kind of stuff 3DS format import/export, because 3DS Max have a lot of stuff, but I don’t think is possible to export all!
Xeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Usaly when you are exporting out of max into 3ds it will ask you if you want to "Preserve Max texture Quordence", if you select yes then the modle will have the "Place" where the texture goes saved, not the actual texture. You should be able to take the same map/texture you were working with in max and asign it to your modle in DB. I would think that all materials assigned to your modles would export with the mesh, but it may be the size of the map/texture or even the file name. Try using only materials that are ^2, like 256X256, and change the file names of the textures to something short with no special characters.
AS far as exporting from max to 3ds, I dont know what all it does. I had heard that DBPro suports deformable mesh objects, but when you export in 3ds it colapses you modle to Editable Mesh, thus taking off the skin or physique modifier it needs to be a deformatable mesh and use bones. If someone could clear that up for me it would be cool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 21:48:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 21:48:29